Vols Switching to Nike?

Ohhhhhh.....so THATS how Butch is getting these great recruits, he's selling them on Nike!

Kidding of course! :)

Our Adidas unis are higher quality than anything Nike has. I've had people that play at Nike sponsored schools tell me this. Also Adidas is paying us a hell of a lot more right now than Nike would. We're really one of Adidas's only bigtime footprint schools in the country and I think one of the only in the SEC. They have Michgan, Notre Dame and some other big schools but not really a presence in the SEC. Adidas needs UT more than Nike needs UT. And they're paying more because of it.

Reactions: 1 person
spurrier-click-clack.jpeg

Our Adidas unis are higher quality than anything Nike has. I've had people that play at Nike sponsored schools tell me this. Also Adidas is paying us a hell of a lot more right now than Nike would. We're really one of Adidas's only bigtime footprint schools in the country and I think one of the only in the SEC. They have Michgan, Notre Dame and some other big schools but not really a presence in the SEC. Adidas needs UT more than Nike needs UT. And they're paying more because of it.

When our contract comes up for renewal, they will all bid on providing us uniforms. It all comes down to price, aesthetics and trendiness. Hopefully the decision maker bases decision on best value and not on a free promotional trip to Bahamas, etc.

"It's been no secret that UT officials have spent periods of the fall exploring maximum apparel options with representatives from adidas, and other major players in the industry we're told.

All signs point to UT moving closer and closer to a shift away from adidas; so much so that some head coaches on campus already have told recruits to expect the Vols to just do it when it comes to making a switch."

Sounds like a nike hint to me.

If I remember correctly, Adidas gave us considerably more than Nike on the last bid. Close to twice as much. Also, the another reason that was mentioned is the amount of customised merchandise that Adidas was willing to do versus Nike's "same old shirt different color" approach.

If I remember correctly, Adidas gave us considerably more than Nike on the last bid. Close to twice as much. Also, the another reason that was mentioned is the amount of customised merchandise that Adidas was willing to do versus Nike's "same old shirt different color" approach.

The thing is that Nike's same shirt different color designs look way better than any custom Adidas apparel.

Reactions: 2 people
In all honesty their stuff lasts a lot longer than Nike or Adidas. Plus much more comfortable. I don't mind paying extra for better quality and something that lasts longer.

I don't see their quality or comfort as any better than nike or adidas.

Holy cow. Not exactly what I was going for LOL! Anyone inside on this subject that can shed some light on it? Who would know? Would Skeeter know?

Holy cow. Not exactly what I was going for LOL! Anyone inside on this subject that can shed some light on it? Who would know? Would Skeeter know?

Deerpark has explained it many times how Adidas gives us alot more than was Nike is willing to give.

VN Store

Back