Vols Switching to Nike?

I'd rather stick to Adidas not only because they give us a better deal but also because going Nike means supporting Oregon's Football team - no thanks. Under Armour is too expensive and are responsible for some of the most godawful combos ever seen. Nike and UA also often demand you wear their ugly suit - that once a year ugly azz design that they apparently don't give anyone at the school's a say in because they're often just freakshows the teams can't wait to get out of wearing.

Reactions: 1 person
Pretty sure they take bids every time the contract comes up. The current one ends in 2015 and gives a lot of stuff to UT that Nike won't to a 2nd tier program

Tennessee Tech is a 2nd Tier Team, not UT. MTSU, another Nike school is also a 2nd Tier team. UT def isnt.

Doubt that...Doubt many SEC teams are considered 2nd Tier. It isnt like just football is considered. Got Football, Basketball, Baseball, Softball..

DeerPark has posted several times in the uniform thread that there are only a handful of first tier Nike teams who get complete creative control over their uniforms. You can probably make a decent guess as to who they are. He's also said that Nike doesn't consider UT a part of that group, and signing with them would require us to be more or less at Nike's mercy with regards to our Gameday attire.

Reactions: 2 people
The whole "they cannot get the Orange color right" excuse is invalid IMO. They did great this year and did anyone see the ACC Championship Game? Nike did not get Duke's blue to match either.

I doubt it and doubt you know anyone at Nike. Just sayn..Guess we will see when the bids are put in, but would guess it isnt a 2nd Tier Bid.

People from UT's side said it. We simply get more money and support than Nike would give us

DeerPark has posted several times in the uniform thread that there are only a handful of first tier Nike teams who get complete creative control over their uniforms. You can probably make a decent guess as to who they are. He's also said that Nike doesn't consider UT a part of that group, and signing with them would require us to be more or less at Nike's mercy with regards to our Gameday attire.

Doesn't mean this go around isnt different. I dont recall seing UK having to wear anything out of the normal. And no way Vandy is considered top tier. UK maybe because of basketball but the only out the normal uniform designs are lower tier teams and Oregon, and they wear what they want. Just doubt many schools that selected Nike are held hostage and made to wear what Nike wants them to wear. We had Nike before Adidas and guessing we have them or UA the next go around. We have an AD that isnt an idiot also.

People from UT's side said it. We simply get more money and support than Nike would give us

I get that part that Adidas offered more but that doesn't make them the better option, especially for uniforms and Fan Gear. Adidas has the cheapest made and worst fan gear outside of some of the scorch gear they madr.. very poorly made shirts.

Thought we were locked in with Adidas for te next century?

We are...Just a bunch of kids with wishful thinking..We are NOT switching to Nike or under armor..We will be Adidia's until your kids have grand kids and probably long after that. :yes:

Reactions: 1 person
Adidas sucks. Recruits prefer Nike or Under Armour and if you've ever shopped for CFB apparel for a rival friend/family member you may have noticed they have alot cooler options than we do. Adidas clothes suck, IMO. I recently bought an Adidas UT jacket for myself and an Auburn Under Armour jacket for my stepdad and I'm seriously envious. His jacket is way nicer than mine :(

I get that part that Adidas offered more but that doesn't make them the better option, especially for uniforms and Fan Gear. Adidas has the cheapest made and worst fan gear outside of some of the scorch gear they madr.. very poorly made shirts.

Nike still makes fan gear if that's what you want but it is no better. Just admit youve bought into the marketing

Reactions: 5 people
Adidas sucks. Recruits prefer Nike or Under Armour and if you've ever shopped for CFB apparel for a rival friend/family member you may have noticed they have alot cooler options than we do. Adidas clothes suck, IMO. I recently bought an Adidas UT jacket for myself and an Auburn Under Armour jacket for my stepdad and I'm seriously envious. His jacket is way nicer than mine :(

Yes thats why all these top recruits UT has coming in love Nike because UT is Nike school....Oh wait...No they aren't!...Well i'll be gadgum...Seems the 2nd ranked recruiting class is commited to what?...An Adidas school...Your argument holds no water...None...Zero

VN Store

Back