Vols predicted LAST in SEC for 2018

Amazing ain’t it - I can’t believe how many people expect a coach that has never coached a game as a head coach to turn us into a power in one year. If he’s really good (tbd) we might be back to contending for the east in 3-4 years, going to need better recruiting than this years results

He only had 2 months...

Why even reference his recruiting?

Reactions: 4 people
Can we start the Gruden thread now........:eek:lol:

8t2AWUD.gif

Reactions: 2 people
And all that means JACK SQUAT! A write up picking a finish, may as well by my neighbor down the street. It has no bearing on nothing. GBO!!!!!

S&P+ is what you get when you turn a fool loose with numbers. Simple common sense would have told the clowns that numbers they use to "define" an SEC team don't compare to the same numbers measuring CUSA, Sunbelt, MAC, and AAC teams. Garbage in garbage out, yet somehow S&P+ is still considered credible.

Amazing ain’t it - I can’t believe how many people expect a coach that has never coached a game as a head coach to turn us into a power in one year. If he’s really good (tbd) we might be back to contending for the east in 3-4 years, going to need better recruiting than this years results

If someone at this point wants to rank Tennessee way down in the SEC, no problem; we'll all watch and learn. But to rank Tennessee lower than teams like Troy, Minn, Ark St is idiotic.

Reactions: 3 people
Any website that has bar in it can drink my bath water and give me a bottle of booze.

If someone at this point wants to rank Tennessee way down in the SEC, no problem; we'll all watch and learn. But to rank Tennessee lower than teams like Troy, Minn, Ark St is idiotic.

Troy would have kicked out arses late last season. So, until proven otherwise I don't know what about this had everyone so stirred. Take a look. We're were the worst team in the entire SEC last season.

Pruitt has a lot to do.

Reactions: 3 people

Some are setting themselves up for disappointment with unrealistic expectations. They don't realize the program came unglued and was sunk by Jones. They believe the talent is better than it might be. Even if it is, it will take 2 years to root out the Jones culture.

well, gotta start somewhere...I love to see us prove the "experts" wrong...Vol fan way of life...:)

GO VOLS!

Ignore that fodder, no way that happens. We didn't have the best recruiting class, but we have a lot of talent returning. 8-4 is my prediction with a bowl win, if we finish last I'll be here to eat my crow.

Sad but we do not have a lot of talent. Anything over six wins would be great.

This is exactly where they should be picked until they show something on the field. As fans it's also what we should want to see. This gives them an us against the world mentality with nothing to lose. They finished 0-8 last yr. What have they done to earn a better ranking?

Reactions: 1 person
Said it already...6-6 would be a great season for JP. Now maybe JG steps up a and shines. Maybe I eat may words, but KY and Vandy will be wins. Split FL and SCjr. Some reason I think Misery w/ Dooley beats us. So we won't be last SEC. Win 3of4 OoC. Thats 6 wins.

No not really.
Troy beat LSU last season.
Ark St was a 10 win team
Minn has steadily improved over the past 4 years.

So much growth needs to happen for us.
Garauntano has to elevate his play.
Jennings needs to keep his cool and be a real leader. Callaway should shine this year.

Banks and Chandler is our new Thunder and Lightning. They will give us a chance to sustain drives.

O-line has talent. Needs to really d3educate itself in the weight room

Defense..has talent.
I'm worried if Pruitt tries to transition schemes too soon.

#79 with a bullett.

We play 43, ? , ? 32, 6, 5, 2, 35, ?, 64, 30, 75. Going to be a real challenge getting to a bowl. I say we take everybody > 32. That Auburn, Georgia, Bama run is a program killer.

He only had 2 months...

Why even reference his recruiting?

Doesn’t matter, it is what it is. None of our opponents could care less. They will surely cut us no slack. We will need to recruit better, or hope we have an all time great staff. No indication of that yet. We all hope our awful performance last year was due to awful coaching. We’ll see. I didn’t see a good team on either side of the ball.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back