Vols predicted LAST in SEC for 2018

Uh...Neither will We...And we got smoked by 2 of those teams last year and lost in the final seconds against UF...No game is a gimmie this upcoming season...UTEP won't even be a cakewalk..Reality is a swift kick in the face sometimes.

or the 'nads...

Cakewalk, or gimme, I don't think Pruitt is going to let this kind of thinking take hold in any game planning. But UTEP? Come on... they will get a nice paycheck but won't get a sniff at a victory against the Vols, this I believe we can count on.

Last edited:
This ain’t kool-aid drinking, it’s confidence that with new leadership, we won’t repeat literally the worst season in Tennessee’s long, tradition-rich, storied history. I’m cautiously optimistic about Pruitt....and downright giddy that one of the worst head coaches in program history is no longer here. And, as a lifelong fan of Tennessee football, I have faith that our program will rebound from the horrors of 2017 and win 6-7 games this year. That’s hardly “drinking Kool-aid” chief.

I'll have some kool-aid with you KB... got any Orange flavored?

or the 'nads...

Cakewalk, or gimme, I don't think Pruitt is going to let this kind of thinking take hold in any game planning. But UTEP? Come on... they will get a nice paycheck but won't get a sniff at a victory against the Vols, this I believe we can count on.

After nearly losing to UMass last season I don't count any game a sure win.

Reactions: 1 person
After nearly losing to UMass last season I don't count any game a sure win.

How many do you count as a sure loss?

New coaches and new schemes are two facts to consider.

I expect us to be better than last year based off those two facts alone.

How much better will be determined by the amount of work the players are willing to put into being a championship team.

8 wins are waiting for us as low hanging fruit.

I like our chances with the others.

How many do you count as a sure loss?

New coaches and new schemes are two facts to consider.

I expect us to be better than last year based off those two facts alone.

How much better will be determined by the amount of work the players are willing to put into being a championship team.

8 wins are waiting for us as low hanging fruit.

I like our chances with the others.

Lol, 8 wins low hanging fruit. Lol, youll never learn.

Reactions: 2 people
You have to see it from his side.

2016 he beat VT, Fl, Ga, Nebraska. He thinks he had earned some equity(He didn't realize the loss to Vandy cost him any that he had.).

He led me to believe that he would be evaluated at the end of each year. Not after each game. He was wrong.

JP knows he has to have a high sense of urgency about everything but mostly winning football games.

If he flops against WVU.

Dude says the dislocated his ankle spring of Jr year couldn't get back into football shape. Ended up not going to UT. One of the hardest working young men I've worked with ever.

JP has to find the what motivates each player on the team. Who says no when asked? Would you like to help your team win a Super Bowl?

He can't pull a Holtz(0-11 1st year at SC.) and expect to have a job. JM Majors started 0-6 in 88. That year is a blur. We beat Memphis. Breathing life into the program.

Auto Fire should be in effect for Vandy, KY, SC, and Mizzu. Although SC and Mizzu have improved.

It's never been about them when we lose to them. It always due to our super poor play. Although they all seem to be making far fewer mistakes than they used to. And the players are developing.

I'm counting on JP to figure out how to beat these guys year in and year out. I consider those 4 to be the low hanging SEC fruit. They are not the level of the gumps, chumps, chomps, and all burn.

All we have to do is get better and avoid injury. JP has said a few things on how to do this and they all seem to make sense. I've yet to see any outrage for how he is going about winning us NCs. Other than the ranking of his 1st class. Either win with top 20 or win with #1, the losing has to end.

There is a "putting the band back together" type vibe coming from The Hill. They all know this is there shot at greatness. It could be the one and only shot they need. All these new guys getting promoted to the big league put that with a few veteran type coaches, and an AD that had a passion for Vol wins.

Sept. 1st can't get here soon enough. Bring on WVU. JP was handed the keys to an exotic sports car. I'm anxious to see how drives it. Like he stole it! Is my wish.

2018 is going to be a fun year .

“All we have to do is get better and avoid injury”

I think you finally found the secret to winning football. And it was right there all along. Simple.😎

Reactions: 1 person
“All we have to do is get better and avoid injury”

I think you finally found the secret to winning football. And it was right there all along. Simple.😎

I expect to be right about 60% of the time. It doesn't hurt to pad the stats with a little fluff to help the cause.

If Chryst comes in June things change quite a bit for us this year. A solid QB can make a big difference.

VN Store

Back