Vols out of Taxslayer Bowl consideration

My guess would be the Music City Bowl, UT fans are excited enough to travel anymore

That makes sense and you have to also consider opponent. Nobody wants to see UT play iowa again. or UT-Northwestern.

Could be UT-Nebraska or UT-Minnesota in that game.

Sorry to see how things turned out for the Vols, I've been watching since the Hawkslayer bowl 2 years ago. I know ya'll are dissapointed.

Reactions: 1 person
Music City is pushing hard for UGA. I think we end up at the Liberty Bowl if aTm gets the TX bowl.

No they're not, and I have that on good authority. Nashville has no problem selling out hotels on New Years weekend...concerts

If UT gets a bid to the Music City Bowl, it will be interesting to see if fans turn out in full force for the game.

damn that kinda of stinks, would have made it an easy trip for the wife and I to attend......Outback seems out the question as well then.

As much as we would actually love to go to Memphis i just dont know if want to attend that game its like a Thursday or something rite?. Charlotte works cause its close to my hometown (im from the boonies in Virginia) and I could visit some family and knock out xmas in Virginia, which i dont really want to do, but whatever.....i prefer Fla winters....

you been to Nashville...:)

GO VOLS!

Heck, yeah ill join ya. Short drive, military gets free tickets. Id be all for that.

And since we didnt when the state championship in Tennessee, maybe we can win the state championship in Alabama.

Party in Birmingham...could be, but wouldn't doubt Nashville

GO VOLS!

Jen Smith
‏@jenheraldleader

TaxSlayer Bowl release said it’s choosing between SEC teams: Kentucky, Auburn, Florida and Arkansas

They don't want to bring in the same 4 teams who were there the past 2 years.

If UT gets a bid to the Music City Bowl, it will be interesting to see if fans turn out in full force for the game.

Those fans who don't show for the reasons you imply need to follow Tech, UTC, ETSU, or another school instate. Or go out of state. If you aren't all in all the time, you don't deserve to be a part of the triumphs when they happen.

I have often felt that is why there are times players don't give their all. Not just at Tennessee, but at any program that cannot sustain success. I try to imagine how many times a player has looked into the stands, and for at least a moment wondered if representing those jerks is really worth it? Probably a few on every team every year. But how often are those thoughts justified?

Music City and Belk are long shots for the reason that Bowl committees want to sell hotel rooms AND tickets. That's also why they don't want Tennessee in Jacksonville again. Look for Outback or Texas with Citrus in play if for some reason Florida upgrades out of it.

From what I heard tonight from a person who is friends with someone on the inside at one of the SEC bowl locations (yes a friend of a friend and no I'm not saying which bowl the friend works for) is Butch refuses to play NC and TCU. He has made this clear to the bowl committees. Thus, this is why UT is out of the running for the Taxslayer Bowl and probably the Liberty Bowl. The way things are looking it's down to the Music City or Belk Bowl.

Just putting it out there. I know this is my first post ever so you can take it with a grain of salt if you wish. Just repeating what I heard. I guess time will tell if the source is reliable.

VN Store

Back