Vols out of Taxslayer Bowl consideration

spudvol

Jen Smith
‏@jenheraldleader

TaxSlayer Bowl release said it’s choosing between SEC teams: Kentucky, Auburn, Florida and Arkansas

Seems like they are saying Arkansas or Kentucky then, because Auburn will be in the Sugar and Florida should get the Citrus.

Reactions: 4 people
They figure Vol fans are bored with going to bowl games.

Time to fire the coach that got us to 3 in a row with the chance of winning all three.

I don't know what's gonna happen with Butch, but I hope it works out for the best of the program.

Butch is a grown man that has a stacked bank account, but the young men that have given their all for the Vols these past few years while Butch has been there, that's who we should be the most concerned about.

I haven't heard if Butxh has lost this team from my inside source, until I hear that, the timing is bad for a change at HC.

Get it together Butch!

Go Vols!

Reactions: 7 people
It is exactly the not repeating teams in a bowl for 2-3 years.

Tax Slayer had us 2 years ago and would eliminate us from consideration. Music City has been 6 or 7 years, so that is an option, as is the Liberty.

Hopefully our fanbase isn't too disgusted and they can sell all the allotment of tickets to wherever we go.

I will be watching on TV likely unless someone gives me free tickets.

Reactions: 1 person
I kind of hope we go back to the Outback just so I can hear Butch say "Our goal was to get back to Tampa, and here we are, back in Tampa :)."

Reactions: 11 people
A fan base this disappointed isn't great for ticket sales

I don't think TN will travel well this time especially considering most fans will view whatever bowl TN gets as a step back this year and it will be.

That said, the most realistic option that will also improve ticket sales is the Music City Bowl and I'd guess that's where TN will go when its decided.

UK should be excited and one would think the Taxslayer would opt for UK over ARK based on the way UK finished.

Whether we get the Music City or Belk, the ENTIRE broadcast is going to be the complete opposite of what last year's Outback Bowl was.

Last year's Outback Bowl broadcast: "How great is 2016 going to be for the Vols, wow!"

This year's bowl broadcast: "How disappointing was 2016 for the Vols? Wow."

Its a sad day when a basketball school (Kentucky) has become a better option than Tennessee

true, but also read that bowls aren't likely to have repeat teams in same bowl games as previous years.
No more UT in Citrus:ermm:

That's not exactly right, but whatever helps you put UT down.

First of all I'm not putting UT down so know what you're talking about before running off at the mouth (thank you). Second of all, you can't sit there and tell me that you would EVER have thought that Kentucky would be an option over Tennessee

true, but also read that bowls aren't likely to have repeat teams in same bowl games as previous years.
No more UT in Citrus:ermm:

I do agree with this

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
First of all I'm not putting UT down so know what you're talking about before running off at the mouth (thank you). Second of all, you can't sit there and tell me that you would EVER have thought that Kentucky would be an option over Tennessee

UT was just there but would still sell more tickets than UK

Reactions: 4 people
Its a sad day when a basketball school (Kentucky) has become a better option than Tennessee

Kentucky overachieved and both the bowl and SEC will look to capitalize like it did with Tennessee in the Taxslayer when it didn't deserve it. Tennessee underachieved and there is zero excitement surrounding the program. I think we go Liberty Bowl, but we may get the Music City, although I would think the Music City will do everything to avoid it.

VN Store

Back