Vols out of Taxslayer Bowl consideration

damn that kinda of stinks, would have made it an easy trip for the wife and I to attend......Outback seems out the question as well then.

As much as we would actually love to go to Memphis i just dont know if want to attend that game its like a Thursday or something rite?. Charlotte works cause its close to my hometown (im from the boonies in Virginia) and I could visit some family and knock out xmas in Virginia, which i dont really want to do, but whatever.....i prefer Fla winters....

Reactions: 1 person
damn that kinda of stinks, would have made it an easy trip for the wife and I to attend......Outback seems out the question as well then.

As much as we would actually love to go to Memphis i just dont know if want to attend that game its like a Thursday or something rite?. Charlotte works cause its close to my hometown (im from the boonies in Virginia) and I could visit some family and knock out xmas in Virginia, which i dont really want to do, but whatever.....i prefer Fla winters....

I would have happily spent 1500 to go to the Sugar Bowl.
I will cap my spending limit to 300 to go to the Liberty or Music City, only to see Dobbs, Barnett and Co in their final game.

I will not consider going to any other bowls.

Does anybody really give a darn what bowl we go to? I sure as hell don't. I can't see me breaking my neck to watch it either. If I was Barnett I wouldn't risk getting hurt in such worthless game. He's got a big future.

I hope Ky fans get Nashville. They love Nashville so much in bb season, they can just come here again in football season.

I will cap my spending limit to 300 to go to the Liberty or Music City, only to see Dobbs, Barnett and Co in their final game.

Exactly! and when the thing is half empty, maybe UT will realize they made a HUGE mistake by keeping this DII staff. Wouldn't be the first time they've made HUGE mistakes..lol!

Reactions: 2 people
Kentucky is 4th in the SEC East. How the hell will they get Tax Slayer Bowl? That is just damn laughable....they also have no fans.....

Kentucky needs to go to Nashville. They will travel well only couple hours away......

rite there with you, we usually do xmas in New Orleans

love it actually always stay at the St Charles and take the bulldog...great time

nothing better then this on xmas morn....

Attachments

• Jaime_Beau.jpg
    Jaime_Beau.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Kentucky is 4th in the SEC East. How the hell will they get Tax Slayer Bowl? That is just damn laughable....they also have no fans.....

Kentucky needs to go to Nashville. They will travel well only couple hours away......

Nah UK travels well, even for football. But I agree you'd have even more go to Nashville. We've been there plenty before, for basketball as well.

TN in Texas Bowl?? Houston at Texans stadium, would be warmer at least! :toast:

Word down here is that their top choice is unfortunately a Florida vs. Miami match up.

I'm not a fan of that at all. It's going to be bad enough losing 3 straight games to end the season again, but having 2 out of 3 come at the hands of in-state rivals would be even worse. Our recruiting, which already trails both FSU and Miami, will likely take an even bigger hit, and Richt would be licking his chops to send a message on the same field he had so many frustrations against us at UGA. It's not like they even need the extra motivation, though, because Miami already hates us with a passion and feels we try to duck playing them. We're one of two games (FSU being the other) for which their pathetic fan base will actually show up.

It's just a bad set up. I hope the Taxslayer representatives understand that Gator Nation wants no part of this game and won't support it. We already play UGA there, so it's a repeat trip for a lot of us as it is. We have no incentive to go back up there and get abused by the Thug U fans - they treat us like crap and we aren't going to put up with it. So, the committee can answer to all the disappointed Jacksonville hotels, restaurants, etc., if they make us play Miami. We aren't coming.

Let UK, Tennessee, Arkansas, or Auburn deal with The U. We'd much prefer the Outback against a Big Ten team.

Tennessee can't play in tax slayer bowl Due to a clause of not being able to play in that bowl.more then once every four or five years.

First of all I'm not putting UT down so know what you're talking about before running off at the mouth (thank you). Second of all, you can't sit there and tell me that you would EVER have thought that Kentucky would be an option over Tennessee

I do agree with this
You really think the reason the Taxslayer Bowl might be choosing UK over UT is because they're a better option? Either you haven't paid any attention to college football this year or you don't know the basics of the selection process. Either way, I think you might be the one who needs to figure out what they're talking about (Thank you).

Kentucky is tied for 2nd in the SECE and just beat Louisville. Ask yourself if we really deserved to go to the Taxslayer when went? We were 4th in the east that year.

Reactions: 3 people
Kentucky is tied for 2nd in the SECE and just beat Louisville. Ask yourself if we really deserved to go to the Taxslayer when went? We were 4th in the east that year.

My guess would be the Music City Bowl, UT fans are excited enough to travel anymore

VN Store

Back