Vols land Drew Pember

Do you know of a Kent hs highlight video to compare that displays this lack of Kent's athleticism orf have you formulated this opinion based on something else? Not calling you out, would just like to have something to compare if its out there. :hi:

There's one out there, can't remember how to find it tho.

If Barnes makes Kent a solid SEC hoops player he's even a better coach than I think. I don't see it

Kent was higher rated out of high school than Schofield, Alexander, Fulkerson, Bowden, and Walker.

The orthopedic institute play of the week. 😂😂😂

That video was painful to listen to. Also, I don’t see how that can be the best play they had all week. Watching a 6’10” person casually dunk is like watching a layup.

It’ss still East TN basketball. Lol

When RB said UT needs to recruit at a high level to sustain success, was he talking about this type of recruit?

sorry. wish he had gone to The Peay!

I kinda like this kid.

Last edited:
I just don't see any athleticism in his game

He doesn’t need as much as 6’7 does. He will have been playing against our first team for over a year when he sees regular minutes on the floor. You’ve been as big a proponent as anybody for what Barnes has done, so no offense but your answer sounds foolish.

When RB said UT needs to recruit at a high level to sustain success, was he talking about this type of recruit?

It just feels like it kills you to look for the bright side of anything.

Kid is 6-9 with guard-like skills, a solid shot, and pretty substantial defensive athleticism at 16 or 17 years old. Not to mention he is ranked in the top-200 and rising.

This isn't the kind of kid who will headline our class, and if he is, then it's reasonable to question recruiting coming off the season we just had. If he is the wildcard of the class, then we have little to lose by getting in on him early.

We literally just landed a borderline top-100 kid in Burns and I haven't seen you mention one positive thing about that.

Reactions: 3 people
It just feels like it kills you to look for the bright side of anything.

Kid is 6-9 with guard-like skills, a solid shot, and pretty substantial defensive athleticism at 16 or 17 years old. Not to mention he is ranked in the top-200 and rising.

This isn't the kind of kid who will headline our class, and if he is, then it's reasonable to question recruiting coming off the season we just had. If he is the wildcard of the class, then we have little to lose by getting in on him early.

We literally just landed a borderline top-100 kid in Burns and I haven't seen you mention one positive thing about that.

Burns was a great get. Excited about him, and I did post about him in one of the threads.

DP might be a solid contributor. RB has got a few that proved to be better than their ranking. When he said higher level, I wasn't thinking of kids with Wofford and Florida Atlantic offers, but he might be better than his offer list. I'm not going to build him up just because he chose UT.

Just answer yes or no. When you think of higher level recruiting, is this the type of player that comes to mind?

Just answer yes or no. When you think of higher level recruiting, is this the type of player that comes to mind?

Yes.

He’s got loads of potential and is rising up the rankings, add in that he’s fully on board with either redshirting or prepping for a year and it’s an even better get.

You’re not going to fill 13 scholarships with all Top 50 kids, these are the kinds of kids you hope and wish you can fill the back end of the roster with.

Reactions: 1 person
Don’t shoot the messenger but I was told by someone who would know that Duke was trying to set up an unofficial for this weekend...I’m not suggesting they were offering but they were ready to at least bring him in on an UOV.

VN Store

Back