Vols land Drew Pember

Don’t shoot the messenger but I was told by someone who would know that Duke was trying to set up an unofficial for this weekend...I’m not suggesting they were offering but they were ready to at least bring him in on an UOV.

They need tall practice squad players for their elite players to shoot over.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes.

He’s got loads of potential and is rising up the rankings, add in that he’s fully on board with either redshirting or prepping for a year and it’s an even better get.

You’re not going to fill 13 scholarships with all Top 50 kids, these are the kinds of kids you hope and wish you can fill the back end of the roster with.

The prepping for a year sounds like a good idea.

I don't expect all top 50 kids. Based on the year we had, I just thought he would go after recruits that are on Burns and Mann's level.

Don’t shoot the messenger but I was told by someone who would know that Duke was trying to set up an unofficial for this weekend...I’m not suggesting they were offering but they were ready to at least bring him in on an UOV.

Pember? Just checking lol.

Burns was a great get. Excited about him, and I did post about him in one of the threads.

DP might be a solid contributor. RB has got a few that proved to be better than their ranking. When he said higher level, I wasn't thinking of kids with Wofford and Florida Atlantic offers, but he might be better than his offer list. I'm not going to build him up just because he chose UT.

Just answer yes or no. When you think of higher level recruiting, is this the type of player that comes to mind?

A. No one is building him up solely based on him committing to Tennessee.

B. If you want a simple yes or no answer to your question, I won't give it. As I said, he is rising in the rankings, he has a unique skillset, he is on board with redshirting or reclassifying, and not every kid Tennessee recruits is going to be an all-American. If he's the headliner of the class in 9 months, fire away. Take that how you want.

He does a good job inside the top 50. Outside not so much

What was eval if Matan and Williams?

Bruin we’ve went over this before. They are gonna miss kids at times. Your stupid 50-150 argument has been destroyed before. Next.

The prepping for a year sounds like a good idea.

I don't expect all top 50 kids. Based on the year we had, I just thought he would go after recruits that are on Burns and Mann's level.

And we are, but with 4 scholarships you are saying 1. You expected all 4 to be Top 100? And also saying Pember won’t get a bump?

So what happens if in August they update rankings and Pember moves to #95, is he a better player than today??

Yeah. Jerry Meyer is a nerd behind a computer screen.

There’s a huge component that his current ranking is leaving out...the fact he’s almost certainly 2020 whether he reclasses or redshirts, so with another year under his belt where would he rank? Imo let’s say the 173 ranking is legit, you give him another year and put him into 2020 and his ranking absolutely is in the Top 150 range.

There’s a huge component that his current ranking is leaving out...the fact he’s almost certainly 2020 whether he reclasses or redshirts, so with another year under his belt where would he rank? Imo let’s say the 173 ranking is legit, you give him another year and put him into 2020 and his ranking absolutely is in the Top 150 range.

To me this kid is a guy you take and hope he pans out the way you are optimistic that he can. If not then at worst you’re getting a good local kid who will likely bust his tail and be a great practice player and team member for 4 years.

If he pans out then you’ve got a stretch 4 who can really shoot.

To me this kid is a guy you take and hope he pans out the way you are optimistic that he can. If not then at worst you’re getting a good local kid who will likely bust his tail and be a great practice player and team member for 4 years.

If he pans out then you’ve got a stretch 4 who can really shoot.

Plus, u have a foothold with all the Bobby Maze AAU kids, which can't hurt

I am just excited about this kid as I am Burns. Mann would be on another excitement level though

A. No one is building him up solely based on him committing to Tennessee.

B. If you want a simple yes or no answer to your question, I won't give it. As I said, he is rising in the rankings, he has a unique skillset, he is on board with redshirting or reclassifying, and not every kid Tennessee recruits is going to be an all-American. If he's the headliner of the class in 9 months, fire away. Take that how you want.

I hope you are right. The reclassifying sounds like a good idea. If RB lands bigger names in this class, then I'm ok taking DP.

Not even close unless you are comparing athleticism.
If this guy has Fulkerson athleticism this a great get. He's taller and an outside threat

Aren't they the same height at this point? If he shoots the 3 well, and has all the other skills as Fulkerson, all he needs to add is muscle, and he is good to go.

Edit: Film looks good, though competition is not pushing him to get better.

Last edited:
Aren't they the same height at this point? If he shoots the 3 well, and has all the other skills as Fulkerson, all he needs to add is muscle, and he is good to go.

It's always hard to know the heights of guys but iirc we listed Fulkerson at 6-ft-8 his first year while this guy is being mentioned at 6-ft-10. Who knows though really

VN Store

Back