Vols land Drew Pember

So Burns seems to be a banger and this guy one stretches the floor. Good combo

Last edited:
Would like to see him reclassify to 2020 and grow into his frame a bit more. If he has the rim protecting ability previously mentioned in this thread to go along with the ability to stretch the floor this will likely end up being a very nice pickup

He has said that he will either redshirt or reclassify, one of the two. He knows he isn't signing next year to play as a true freshman. He knows his role in the program and has embraced it. He honestly looks like a carbon copy (size and athleticism) of Fulkerson with a better shot.

Reactions: 1 person
He has said that he will either redshirt or reclassify, one of the two. He knows he isn't signing next year to play as a true freshman. He knows his role in the program and has embraced it. He honestly looks like a carbon copy (size and athleticism) of Fulkerson with a better shot.

I can definitely agree with that comparison. Glad to have him committed already and think he'll develop into a nice player during his time here

With the pre season prediction love UT is getting for next year, does Pember get an automatic bump in rankings with this commit? I only half kid

VQ also saying Pember is already almost 6’10” and could grow a little more, you don’t find 6’10”-6’11” guys with guard skills very often.

Any time there's a prospect in the Knoxville area getting some attention there's a decent chance they are underrated.

Ty Greene lit us up when he came back to town. Bowden wasn't getting a lot of looks out of Carter even after taking them to state twice. The kid who went to Miss State a while back had a nice career.

Any time there's a prospect in the Knoxville area getting some attention there's a decent chance they are underrated.

Ty Greene lit us up when he came back to town. Bowden wasn't getting a lot of looks out of Carter even after taking them to state twice. The kid who went to Miss State a while back had a nice career.

Jalen Steele was the kid at Mississippi State. Also Dre Mathieu from Central went to Minnesota

Looks like a 6-6/7 guy. If he's really 6-9/10 then he's very athletic for that height. Wonder what his 3 point percentage is as they never miss them in highlight videos. Has a very nice looking outside shot so I won't be surprised if its 35% or higher. Also wonder how his game compares to Kent as they seem as if they are very similar?

Looks like a 6-6/7 guy. If he's really 6-9/10 then he's very athletic for that height. Wonder what his 3 point percentage is as they never miss them in highlight videos. Has a very nice looking outside shot so I won't be surprised if its 35% or higher. Also wonder how his game compares to Kent as they seem as if they are very similar?

He's WAAAY more athletic than kent

This. Kent is a 5 man that is gonna have to learn how to be physical down low, think Luke Kornet. Pember has much more of a guard skill set that will allow him to play 3/4, think Chandler Parsons.

This. Kent is a 5 man that is gonna have to learn how to be physical down low, think Luke Kornet. Pember has much more of a guard skill set that will allow him to play 3/4, think Chandler Parsons.

For some reason I think Gordon Hayward when I see him play lol think it's his dunking style.

Lot of folk are sleeping on Kent. Imo 247 had his composite just outside the top 150. And we’ve seen guys progress under Barnes so far, so other than the redshirt I’m not sure where the lack of optimism is coming from.

He seems like the first Chism like trailer we’ve got coming down the pike.

Lot of folk are sleeping on Kent. Imo 247 had his composite just outside the top 150. And we’ve seen guys progress under Barnes so far, so other than the redshirt I’m not sure where the lack of optimism is coming from.

He seems like the first Chism like trailer we’ve got coming down the pike.

If Barnes makes Kent a solid SEC hoops player he's even a better coach than I think. I don't see it

Do you know of a Kent hs highlight video to compare that displays this lack of Kent's athleticism orf have you formulated this opinion based on something else? Not calling you out, would just like to have something to compare if its out there. :hi:

Do you know of a Kent hs highlight video to compare that displays this lack of Kent's athleticism orf have you formulated this opinion based on something else? Not calling you out, would just like to have something to compare if its out there. :hi:

I have seen him play a number of times

VN Store

Back