• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Vols Fall Practice #2

From 8 years old to 18. I never recall a player entering fall camp already hurt unless they had a bike accident or twisted an ankle playing another sport or something along those lines. I acknowledged that some of this could've been carry over from the previous season, which I understand. But anything beyond that seems like it should be preventable.
They've been practicing/working out all spring

These updates and videos are fantastic - thanks Fingers! The WR group is so impressive right now AND as we have seen over the last 2 years - these young men are developing at an incredible rate!

Tillman was a complete non factor before this staff arrived - Hyatt did very little his first year and exploded last year using Tillman as an example. Keaton had languished in obscurity before last season and flourished once Tillman went out. So…the “second 4” who rarely play in our system are getting better. We all wanted to see Webb last year and it sounds like he’s improving - we’re plenty deep at WR and we know someone can step in if need be!

Give Joe time…and it’s on!

Crazy how good our WR group is. We lose 2 great WR last year, bring back Bru who was clutch last year including making one of the greatest catches against bama in program history, bring back Keyton who made one of the greatest catches against Florida in program history, bring back Squirrel whose last game was a 100+ yard performance against a good Clemson defense and the big buzz it seems is for Thornton.
Man I really wish Jauan Jennings would have been able to play in this offense.

Imagine Meachem, Swain, and Smith in this offense

How about Cedric Wilson, Donte Stallworth, and David Martin? IMO, that trio in 2000 was a very underrated receiving corps. They were handcuffed due to our inexperience at QB, but they made freshman Casey Clausen look REALLY good at times that season.

Reactions: Noni
From 8 years old to 18. I never recall a player entering fall camp already hurt unless they had a bike accident or twisted an ankle playing another sport or something along those lines. I acknowledged that some of this could've been carry over from the previous season, which I understand. But anything beyond that seems like it should be preventable.
Jaylen Wright started last year working with trainers, not practicing. It happens. A tweak here, a tweak there. No need to risk making it worse. Heupel mentioned exactly that in his presser.

Things have changed a lot in the last several years. Nowadays these guys spend the summer with the strength and conditioning/training staff. That means conditioning (sprints, agility, etc), weight training, plus working together with passing drills or whatever their position calls for. Easy to pull something or strain something or even tear something doing that stuff. College football ain't the same game we old-timers played when we were young..lol.

I don't want this comment to generate any list of names, but just for thought...
how many Vols from the past would never have even been recruited by Heupel's staff, for culture/character reasons?

If this staff can maintain this level of recruiting character, mentoring, preparing and polishing, the label "Tennessee player" is going to become a brand.

Any of you guys old enough, remember back in the '60s when they'd interview some player who was articulate and displayed a natural personality along with appropriate humility... and you'd start guessing, "I wonder, is he from Notre Dame or UCLA?"

Savor these days. These are special times, and a great time to be a Vol!

I don't want this comment to generate any list of names, but just for thought...
how many Vols from the past would never have even been recruited by Heupel's staff, for culture/character reasons?

If this staff can maintain this level of recruiting character, mentoring, preparing and polishing, the label "Tennessee player" is going to become a brand.

Any of you guys old enough, remember back in the '60s when they'd interview some player who was articulate and displayed a natural personality along with appropriate humility... and you'd start guessing, "I wonder, is he from Notre Dame or UCLA?"

Savor these days. These are special times, and a great time to be a Vol!

"Most Definitely..."

How about Cedric Wilson, Donte Stallworth, and David Martin? IMO, that trio in 2000 was a very underrated receiving corps. They were handcuffed due to our inexperience at QB, but they made freshman Casey Clausen look REALLY good at times that season.

Eric Parker too during that time.. Parker had a few good NFL years too.

This team could be very very special, especially if Milton finally has put it all together

Reactions: Noni

There have been multiple sets of WR corps that would absolutely explode in this offense - that crew was fun to watch! I’d like to see Gault, Hancock, Woods, Pickens…
we’ve been a run based offense for my 50 years of fandom. to have this fast, wide open offense is incredible - of course, we run more than we pass in this offense which is another crazy fact.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back