Vols Fall Practice #2

Alvin Harper, Carl Pickens and Vince Moore. Best WR Tandem in UT history.

Anthony Morgan was in that group too and played extremely well. Played several years in the NFL with Chicago and Green Bay. Got to know him a bit at UT in a couple of classes. Just an all around great guy.

e.cain

p.brown

r.schumpert

r.sylvia

Thanks!

Anthony Morgan was in that group too and played extremely well. Played several years in the NFL with Chicago and Green Bay. Got to know him a bit at UT in a couple of classes. Just an all around great guy.
You’re right!! I can’t believe I forgot about him. Didn’t he catch a huge bomb in the ‘90 cotton bowl?

Reactions: Vol737
You’re right!! I can’t believe I forgot about him. Didn’t he catch a huge bomb in the ‘90 cotton bowl?

He sure did! It’s at the 4:30 mark. I had forgotten Carl Pickens was playing both ways and had a pick on defense to stop an Arkansas drive. Then Kelley went over the top to Morgan.

Edit: Watching this, I thought I recognized the voice. Jim Nantz was the play by play announcer with Pat Haden. I think it sounds like Greg Gumbel doing the intro for the game from the studio just prior to kickoff.

Last edited:
Thanks, but that comes up blank for me. That's the reason I asked. Is it working for you?
It was blank on my first click, but second time it appeared after a second or two delay.

Note that by switching from grid view to list view, you can access Bios on each player, with a face photo.
Note also that bios may be incorrect, as the first paragraph of Donte Thompson's bio probably should belong to Slaughter.

Reactions: Orange.
Can’t tell if this is serious or not, but Lawrence wasn’t a selfish locker room cancer like Hurd was.
You don’t know that about Hurd - no players came out with “good riddance” type statements about Hurd. Maybe he wasn’t a natural team leader but that is part of the culture a coaching staff is supposed to develop. Jones sucked

He sure did! It’s at the 4:30 mark. I had forgotten Carl Pickens was playing both ways and had a pick on defense to stop an Arkansas drive. Then Kelley went over the top to Morgan.

Edit: Watching this, I thought I recognized the voice. Jim Nantz was the play by play announcer with Pat Haden. I think it sounds like Greg Gumbel doing the intro for the game from the studio just prior to kickoff.

In his time here, Carl had touchdowns by receiving, kick returning, Int return and a punt return.

Reactions: Vol737

VN Store

Back