Vols can finish 3rd place in SEC

I look it like this. If we win out and get at least 1 game in SEC tournament and 2 games in the NCAA then the team played about par for the season. In saying that there was only 1 relevant win during regular season over VA so now that makes it look like underachieving. Underachieving with an experienced and talented roster is failure by the coach & staff to get the team to another level thus causing fan uproar wanting Bruce back. So far there is no comparison between CM and BP. BP had his teams playing above and beyond most every time they took the court and that is the difference! CM has not. VA & yesterday over Candy were the best games played all season and that's not good enough. Way to inconsistent under CM!

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

Not true. I would take Bruce back if we fired Martin, but Pearl had disappointing years and lost to a bunch of underdogs including in the NCAA several times. He had two teams who were preseason top 25 who ended the season with a worse record than we will have this year if we win the last couple. They were top 25 teams and only received #9 seeds and lost first round. I understand if you aren't happy about this year. But don't act like Pearl didn't have a few years just the same as this one.

Reactions: 1 person
Someone needs to get Zo a calendar i guess. he needs to know Season doesn't start in February. I remember all the fans saying in December, "season is early doesnt matter" after losses. How's are those L's looking now?

It was very doubtful those 2 hilljacks Hart and Cheek would have fired CCM anyway

I ask this question almost every time I see someone take a jab like this and hardly ever get an answer but, what did Dave Hart do to make you dislike him so much? Why are you taking jabs at him on a message board. He hired CBJ which looks like a great hire at the moment and also our baseball coach. Seen the baseball team lately? I just don't understand why people feel the need to bash the man who is trying to get our athletics turned around and so far has done a very good job.

Someone needs to get Zo a calendar i guess. he needs to know Season doesn't start in February. I remember all the fans saying in December, "season is early doesnt matter" after losses. How's are those L's looking now?

I don't remember anyone saying that?

You really don't think Stokes is good enough to make an NBA team? He's been consistent all season, his free throwing shooting is way better, and he's a rebounding machine. Someone has a spot for Jarnell Stokes, he's so smooth for being such a big fella. There's no way Stokes is returning after this year.

Do you watch the nba? 6-7 guys play small forward In the league and they can shoot handle the ball and jump. Stokes is a bruiser but he can't get a shot off with a taller player between him and the rim. He might not return next season but if he leaves he will be playing in Europe because there is no way he will be on an NBA squad.

Do you watch the nba? 6-7 guys play small forward In the league and they can shoot handle the ball and jump. Stokes is a bruiser but he can't get a shot off with a taller player between him and the rim. He might not return next season but if he leaves he will be playing in Europe because there is no way he will be on an NBA squad.

Dajuan Blair?

Just looked, didn't find any "season is early doesn't matter" posts.

So many posters refuse to acknowledge the true sentiment of certain posts.

"I'm not gonna lose sleep about losing by 4 to Xavier on the road in the first game of the season."

This guy reads it as:

"The loss doesn't matter, it is inconsequential to the basketball team and the season."

This act is getting reallllllly old.

"I'm not gonna lose sleep about losing by 4 to Xavier on the road in the first game of the season."

This guy reads it as:

"The loss doesn't matter, it is inconsequential to the basketball team and the season."

Yup, which is why I questioned it.

Maybe when he goes back and tried to find it he'll realize how bad his reading comprehension really is.

This guy reads it as:

That's why this fire Coach Martin nonsense is premature. With where the bubble is and how this team is capable of performing it is still far too early for that. 11 losses has been a huge disappointment. But I still think we will get to the tourney and win a game or two

I ask this question almost every time I see someone take a jab like this and hardly ever get an answer but, what did Dave Hart do to make you dislike him so much? Why are you taking jabs at him on a message board. He hired CBJ which looks like a great hire at the moment and also our baseball coach. Seen the baseball team lately? I just don't understand why people feel the need to bash the man who is trying to get our athletics turned around and so far has done a very good job.

You're not going to get an answer this time, either. They have no rational reason for bashing Hart because Hart has done nothing less than outstanding so far. He worked at Bammer for a while, there ya go.

Don't EVER pull against Tennessee for Any reason!You can call yourself whatever you wish as a fan;but you can leave the hell away from here if you want Tennessee to lose at anything.Go play in your sandbox and have your mom make chocolate milk and waffles like Howard's mom on The Big Bang Theory.

That's why this fire Coach Martin nonsense is premature. With where the bubble is and how this team is capable of performing it is still far too early for that. 11 losses has been a huge disappointment. But I still think we will get to the tourney and win a game or two

Don't get me wrong, I don't expect Martin to be here much longer, but I agree :hi:. This season has been disappointing, but it's not over. If we can get in, anything could happen.

This guy reads it as:

There's a lot of things getting old here, especially the arguments made of of thin air and lots of straw.

A lot of panicking going on in this thread

the only panic that their could be is keeping this clown around for another year. Tennessee can make the dance all they want but they are going to get embarrassed by somebody. I know you are clinging onto Martin being retained and that is fine if you want Martin. But everybody else wants whats best for UT not what is best for Martin. With Martin here next year,his team will be this years Vandy. A team that is pathetic.

Dave Hart did not hire CDS.. Joan Cronin did

If they win out and Georgia loses 1 more game ( last game is at LSU). How many fans would jump back on the bandwagon if this happens and we get to the Finals of the SEC tourney? This would put them opposite bracket of FL in the tourney. Would CuonZo win back some fans if this happens. Just wondering.....

I have seen enough form Martin for me to conclude that he doesn't have the coaching knowledge, skills or abilities to be a consistent winner at UT. The SEC is so weak this season, UT should only have loses to Ky and UF at this point. Finishing second or third is completely meaningless with seven conference losses. He would have to have a sweet sixteen appearance for me to change my mind at this point.

Last edited:
I have seen enough form Martin for me to conclude that he doesn't have the coaching knowledge, skills or abilities to be a consistent winner at UT. The SEC is so weak this season, UT should only have loses to Ky and UF at this point. Finishing second or third is completely meaningless with seven conference losses. He would have to have a sweet sixteen appearance for me to change my mind at this point.

By that argument, Calipari shouldn't be coaching in the SEC this year because he's lost to USC, Arkansas, etc.

Just looked, didn't find any "season is early doesn't matter" posts.

I know you're god of this basketball forums but I had discussions with other fans about the topic of "relax it's early". I kneel to basketball Zod but I'm right and have no interesting arguing or discussing it, so good day.

VN Store

Back