Vols 2012 Football Record

What is our record in 2012

• Total voters
For some.reason I'm starting to like him a little more myself. Maybe I should drink less?

Neh, fade is legit. Not a negavol like some would say. More like a pessivol (pessimistic). But always entertaining, at least to me.

9-3

4-0 going to Ga.

Losses to GA. AL, and SC would be my guess, but I'm sure it won't go like I expect.

I REALLY want to beat FL and GA this year.

I want to beat AL too, but, well, you know.

Ok, I don't post much but i've been around since Christ was a Corporal. Let me say if Hunter and Bray had stayed healthy last year we would have won 8, beating uga, uscjr, and kensucky.
This year I really want to say 11-1 but I went with 10-2. uga loss was by 8 with no Hunter and Bray going down. uf loss was by 10 with Hunter down. Kensucky was a fluke. uscjr was 11 points with no Bray no Hunter and for all these games very little experience and no depth.
This years Big Orange Team will be much better. I feel even with some injuries we should be able to win games like ga, uf and uscjr, unlike last year.. GO BIG ORANGE!!

The only problem with that analysis is that it does not take into account the relevant injury issues faced by opponents. For instance, USC was without their Heisman candidate RB, had just kicked their starting QB off the team a few weeks earlier and had 2 starting OL out for the game with UT due to injury. And teams like USC, UF and UGA did not "air it out" vs UT because they were able to gring out yards on the ground and control the clock while they had leads. If Bray and Hunter play all those games and score some additional points, those other teams would have responded appropriately.

I just look at basic "tone" of the game and see how it was played and coached. the USC game was low scoring for instance, however, USC rushed the ball something close to 50 times very effectively and chewed the clock up. Why? Because they could and it was a safe way to win a road game with a new QB under center. Their true frosh RB, starting for the first time after the lattimore injury ran for 140 something yards. USC owned the trenches that day and the tone was set. They were stronger than UT that day. So each game has its on tone and decisions are made based upon the flow of a game, but the one steady fact in all those games was that UT could NOT run the ball (negative yards in two of those games!) and the opponents ran it effectively. Common thread, common outcomes.

Im going 8-4 but i think 9-3 is very possible. If we get to 9-3 it will have been an amazing season and we may have the chance to go 11-3.(SEC Championship and Big Bowl)

You are crazy...I hate uga and can still admit uga will probably win the east. Murray has beaten UF and destroyed Aub. Bray has beaten Cincy.

Murray did not beat UF/Auburn, and Bray did not beat Cincy. UGA beat UF/Auburn and UT beat Cincy. FWIW, UF and Auburn were both mediocre at best last year.

I still haven't seen a guy who can handle a pass rush or consistently move the chains with his arm when needed. He's young so he could improve, but I don't think he's a top 3 SEC QB.

9-3

Losses to Alabama, UGA, and South Carolina. However, I do believe we could lose to Florida, and Mizzou, but I also believe we could beat Bama, Uga, and SC.

8-4 with losses to Bama, UGA, USCjr, and the fourth I can't decide between UF, Mizzou, and Miss St. For us to go 10-2, we will have to play like we did vs Cincy every single week. Just don't see it. Still lots of questions on D, and our running game is no lock to see a big improvement.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I had the same thoughts but decided on a 10-2 simply because I think our D will be vastly improved this year. I could give you a multitude of reasons as to why I believe they will be vastly improved - but will be brief - Lathers is a team leader and maker. AJ and Maggit will feed off his leadership. It will be contagious. Out of UF, Miss St, and Mizzou,,the florida game will be the litmus test. We need to keep the game a touchdown ahead so we don't lose the kicking battle. By the time we play Mizzou, I think our defense will have been battle tested enough to keep franklin in check. The key to this season is to go into Ga at 4-0 and show them what an SEC QB (TB) did to a solid Florida defense. Gonna make the dawgs piddle a wee bit.

Murray did not beat UF/Auburn, and Bray did not beat Cincy. UGA beat UF/Auburn and UT beat Cincy. FWIW, UF and Auburn were both mediocre at best last year.

I still haven't seen a guy who can handle a pass rush or consistently move the chains with his arm when needed. He's young so he could improve, but I don't think he's a top 3 SEC QB.

So you dont consider Murray a top 3 qb in the SEC? Tyler Wilson, Franklin and Murray are top tier.

I voted 10-2.

The losses coming from Alabama and Georgia.

Which to me Georgia could be a toss up.

With the only for sure loss coming from Alabama, just because of the pure talent deficiency between Alabama and Tennessee at the moment.

That's just my opinion, and that all really depends on the first two games of the season. NCSU being a confidence boost for Tennessee with a win and then with a win against Florida which hits the switch for Tennessee. If neither are wins, i can't really say where this team ends up. Oh and no injuries to the starting guys of course.

A lot of variables i know, but here's to a great season on the hill. GO VOLS!!

VN Store

Back