Vol Nation, what is wrong with Clay Travis

liberal azzhat, and a total ME ME ME douche

He doesn't sound all that liberal to me. If anything, he comes off as a limited government free market type guy to me. His outspoken stance against the social justice warrior movement and the (95% liberal) mainstream media bias alone got me on board.

It's funny, I had never listened to Clay until about 1.5 years ago but knew he was a loser because Volnation said he was. Then I started listening to him on my morning commute and haven't stopped since. Just because some people don't like to hear what he says doesn't make him wrong. The guy is on point more often than not, unless it's his betting picks.

Reactions: 2 people
So you are arguing that he didn't go GWU for undergrad and Vandy for law school and instead went to MLK, the high school, for law school? LOLOL

"He graduated from George Washington University in 2001, majoring in history, as well as working as a student basketball manager. He then attended the Vanderbilt University Law School and graduated in 2004."

No, Im arguing that he is NOT a UT fan, He loves Vandy.. Literally had a man crush on James Franklin

Reactions: 1 person
Simple, listen closely and understand. HE WENT TO VANDY AND HE HATES UT!! He baits UT fans almost weekly and Vol Fans fall for it.. Again, the man went to Vandy. He Hates Tenn fans and says things to get them riled up while posing to be on their side. He plays to UT fans pride.

I don't pay attention to him, partially because I can't listen to him anyway. But if he's regularly baiting Vols fans, and they're stupid enough to continually be baited, they deserve it. I used to know a person who seemed to drive into every freaking darn pothole on the road. Including ones he had been in time and again. A guy riding with us even remarked, "Hey Sleepy, back up, you missed one." People who won't learn, can't learn. Exploit the heck out of them, I say.

No, Im arguing that he is NOT a UT fan, He loves Vandy.. Literally had a man crush on James Franklin

Lol. You are a nut case. For as much as "he loves Vandy" he sure does never talk about them or go to any of their events. Hell, he threatened to give back his Law School Papers/Diploma after that horrible decision to sand blast "Confederate" off one of the school buildings. The guy is clearly a UT Fan.

Also about James Franklin. Are you saying its bad to be a fan of a great coach? Clay has said quite a bit that Franklin should have been the hire after Dooley. Why would a Vandy fan want their best coach in decades to leave for the big brother school in the same state?

You're a boob.

Reactions: 6 people
I don't pay attention to him, partially because I can't listen to him anyway. But if he's regularly baiting Vols fans, and they're stupid enough to continually be baited, they deserve it. I used to know a person who seemed to drive into every freaking darn pothole on the road. Including ones he had been in time and again. A guy riding with us even remarked, "Hey Sleepy, back up, you missed one." People who won't learn, can't learn. Exploit the heck out of them, I say.

Do you think UT Fans are stupid for following his lead on stopping the Schiano hire?

Simple, listen closely and understand. HE WENT TO VANDY AND HE HATES UT!! He baits UT fans almost weekly and Vol Fans fall for it.. Again, the man went to Vandy. He Hates Tenn fans and says things to get them riled up while posing to be on their side. He plays to UT fans pride.

He went to Vandy for their Law Program, he's a huge Tennessee fan. If you're wanting to be a doctor and had the opportunity to study at the Mayo Clinic or at UT which would you choose?

You have been with Volnation since 2012...This can't be the 1st you are hearing about Clay Travis. He has been building a click-bait career around the Vols for a very long time.

Nope, have read plenty about him here but I have moved to an area that carries his broadcast plus the vehicle I drive no longer has Sat radio. Just curious about what to listen for.

He's a guy trolling the UT fanbase for clicks and cash while also pretending to be a UT fan. A wannabe Finebaum who made his mark doing the same to banners (don't think he masqueraded as a bammer fan though)

This is what I am beginning to hear from him.

I really don't think baiting UT fans is even true. Just some UT fans with hurt feelings and heads in the sand. Anyone can take an objective look at the past decade of UT football or even UT athletics in general and know it has been a disaster. Clays is/was not wrong pointing this out; some UT fans just don't want to accept reality of the past 10 years. As a sidenote, I do believe Pruitt will change the trajectory.

I am able to now get him on the radio. What has been the problem with him? I kinda like him.

Opinions sought.....

He’s evolved over the years. I now actually enjoy most of his content. He has his own schtick though, can be a bit of an acquired taste, but the guy, now how he presents things, is usually spot on.

Lol. You are a nut case. For as much as "he loves Vandy" he sure does never talk about them or go to any of their events. Hell, he threatened to give back his Law School Papers/Diploma after that horrible decision to sand blast "Confederate" off one of the school buildings. The guy is clearly a UT Fan.

Also about James Franklin. Are you saying its bad to be a fan of a great coach? Clay has said quite a bit that Franklin should have been the hire after Dooley. Why would a Vandy fan want their best coach in decades to leave for the big brother school in the same state?

You're a boob.

Seriously,

You've called me names in like three posts.. You like him, you trust him, hell go rub his neck and shoulders.

I don't like him, I don't fall for his shtick, but you go right ahead.. Also check the rules of the forum.. If you cant disagree with someone without going personal and calling them names, maybe you should self exam that..

Reactions: 3 people
Seriously,

You've called me names in like three posts.. You like him, you trust him, hell go rub his neck and shoulders.

I don't like him, I don't fall for his shtick, but you go right ahead.. Also check the rules of the forum.. If you cant disagree with someone without going personal and calling them names, maybe you should self exam that..

So you get offended when called a "boob"?

Reactions: 3 people
He doesn't sound all that liberal to me. If anything, he comes off as a limited government free market type guy to me. His outspoken stance against the social justice warrior movement and the (95% liberal) mainstream media bias alone got me on board.

It's funny, I had never listened to Clay until about 1.5 years ago but knew he was a loser because Volnation said he was. Then I started listening to him on my morning commute and haven't stopped since. Just because some people don't like to hear what he says doesn't make him wrong. The guy is on point more often than not, unless it's his betting picks.

He went on a rant about MSM this morning and their favorite "political topics" and about how his MSESPN shirts weren't garnering legal attention from ESPN like his Bamer shirts were. I definitely can say he IS NOT a liberal. I have enjoyed him but it's not football season yet.

PJ, I got what I was after, please move to the Pub or somewhere if you want.

Thanks

He’s a BIG fan of UT, but he’s publicly called out the university for every stupid decision they’ve made. I remember him roasting us during the Dooley years. I think many of us, myself included, had the orange shades on and didn’t want anything he was saying to be true (partly because it would mean we were going to suck at football). In hindsight, he’s been correct in many of his assessments and isn’t the enemy of the program he’s been made out to be.

It's more important than ever to speak truth to power.

He’s a source of info and I’ll listen to him. But his professionalism is ridiculous. He doesn’t need to speak like a crusty sailor to get his point across. And in his field I think that’s a negative on his messaging. Take for example Trey Wallace. Also does podcasts but just a much clearer and straight forward message. Treys no where near as great a guy as Clay though. Just as Clay what a great guy he is !

VN Store

Back