Vol Nation, what is wrong with Clay Travis

Why do you say he's pretending to be a UT Fan?

Almost everything in life can be explained with a Seinfeld episode. For this one you can use when Dr Whatley converts to Judaism.

"I have a suspicion he converted to Judaism for the jokes!"

Pat Forde calls out/makes fun UT and he's an idiot who doesn't understand UT. Clay does it and he's just a realist doing his duty. See the difference?

Reactions: 4 people
he is a tool, tbh i dont mind him sometimes, but more times than not he just seeks out attention by trying to yell louder then anyone else....basically a shock jock could def be a side kick to someone like alex jones and sale snake oil to folks less intelligent and vulnerable

Before you call others less intelligent you may want to try using “sale” and “sell” correctly in a sentence.

Reactions: 11 people
Clay is the GOAT. Sports talk is really hard for me to take most of the time. I can tell you what they're going to say before they even say it. It's so dull.

Not with Clay. He's himself, and brings unique perspective that focuses on a broad range of topics. His popularity has skyrocketed the last few years, rightfully so.

Also, he's a legitimate UT fan. Anyone that has run into him at games can vouch for his passion.

Reactions: 5 people
Simple, listen closely and understand. HE WENT TO VANDY AND HE HATES UT!! He baits UT fans almost weekly and Vol Fans fall for it.. Again, the man went to Vandy. He Hates Tenn fans and says things to get them riled up while posing to be on their side. He plays to UT fans pride.

Nailed it! :hi:

He's a guy trolling the UT fanbase for clicks and cash while also pretending to be a UT fan. A wannabe Finebaum who made his mark doing the same to banners (don't think he masqueraded as a bammer fan though)

Honestly I think he is a Vols fan, but he chooses to have these outlandish takes to attract attention. Seems to embellish alot

I have mixed emotions about Travis. He SEEMS to be pro-UT and he kinda helped lead the Twitter rebellion of the decision to hire Greg Schiano.

Not too sure about his radio show, though. I like what he talks about, but it's just the most awkward exchange in a radio show i've ever heard. It's him and like 3 or 4 other guys. They RARELY ever speak. It's almost like the other 3 or 4 guys are lucky to even get a sentence in the 3-hour-long show. And whenever they DO speak, they almost always agree with whatever Clay says. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that their contract with the show requires them to agree with Clay, because on the off-chance that they do disagree, Clay cuts them off within 5 seconds.

It's just off to me...

Reactions: 1 person
Travis has modeled his radio persona after the real GOAT, Paul Finebaum. Finebaum is a huge UT fan, at heart, as well. That doesn't mean they won't call them like they sees them. I think the worst part of their shtick is they are right about the progress of UT over the last decade and its a really tough pill to swallow.

If UT ever starts winning again, you will hear both of them do an about face. That's shock jock radio's most basic premise.

Wrong

I know him. We both went to MLK

So you are arguing that he didn't go GWU for undergrad and Vandy for law school and instead went to MLK, the high school, for law school? LOLOL

"He graduated from George Washington University in 2001, majoring in history, as well as working as a student basketball manager. He then attended the Vanderbilt University Law School and graduated in 2004."

Last edited:
I like his honest takes on the Vols, he tells it like it is. A lot of Vol fans are in lala land and don't realize that we just went winless in the SEC. Probably to busy thinking about Peyton Manning and "good ole days".

Clay can be a douche but he was great during the Schiano debacle.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back