VN Official Nascar Thread

Heh, whenever I met Bobby Jr. a few years ago at the Nashville/Lebanon Superspeedway (I dunno why they call a 1.33 mile track a "super"speedway, but that's neither here nor there), he was very friendly and sociable at his souvenir trailer before the race. Got his autograph, even though you can't read what it says, and a picture taken with him. Seemed like a nic enough guy then.

(tidwell @ Dec 27 said:
Heh, whenever I met Bobby Jr. a few years ago at the Nashville/Lebanon Superspeedway (I dunno why they call a 1.33 mile track a "super"speedway, but that's neither here nor there), he was very friendly and sociable at his souvenir trailer before the race. Got his autograph, even though you can't read what it says, and a picture taken with him. Seemed like a nic enough guy then.

Someone must have given him a sedative. :lol:

I dunno, a friend of mine went to another race and met him like that and they said the same thing.

(tidwell @ Dec 28 said:
I dunno, a friend of mine went to another race and met him like that and they said the same thing.

Then you and your friend got lucky and saw him on one of his rare good days.

If any of u guys have ever been to Talladega u would see why. Not a bad seat in on the track, except maybe the backstretch.

(Rocky Top @ Dec 28 said:
Haven't been to Dega yet but it's in the works VERY soon.
I went about 10 years in a row before i got married. I seen alot of crashes, used to have seats two rolls from the top in the Anniston Tower. I could see all of the track, and man could they get around that place in a hurry.

Always enjoy NASCAR threads. Some posters have been discussing favorite tracks. I'd be interested in reading which tracks volnation likes the most or least and why.

For my part, I enjoy Atlanta the most because they FLY down there. NO restrictor plates so it's always a good race.

I don't particalarly like Martinsville because they're too slow there and it seems you just can't pass.

Like:

Atlanta- Like you said, they haul the mail there! Also it's a very "fan friendly" track.

Bristol- Enough said!

Dega'- Never been there yet but love plate racing
Daytona- Such tradition and more plates!
Richmond- Probably my favorite

Don't Like:

Both road courses-boring as racing can get
Indy- Usually boring racing and the traffic seems to be worse there than other tracks

I'm not too fond of restrictor plate racing or the Super Speedways. I like the short tracks better. Bristol and Martinsville are my favorites.

I have been to Dega and Daytona. I would rather see the cars race the whole time instead of seeing the cars zoom by then wait & wait & wait. :snoring:

I enjoy what every track has to offer as far as racing or being challenging to the drivers.

No such thing as a bad race at Talladega. They've definitely ruined the racing at Daytona, again, but it doesn't seem to matter what they do with the rules at Talladega, they can still go flat-out all day.

Bristol is by far the WORST track for actual racing that they run on... barely one groove and unless you're a half a second or more faster, you just have to wreck people to get by them. It's a great event to watch, but for actual "racing," it's horrible.

Martinsville was great before they had to repave it again because the track jumped up into Gordon's car... now it's back to being just like Bristol, barely one groove to race on, and you just have to wreck people to pass. It was one of my favorites before they repaved it again.

They managed to ruin Charlotte this year as well. It was right up there as far as good side-by-side racing goes but they grounded/levigated/WTFever they called it and made it one groove. They fly there now and can't race because of it.

Atlanta is great... only a matter of time until they ruin it.

Richmond is my favorite short track... great racing there every time.

Darlington is probably my favorite track. Gotta enjoy it while ya can, it won't be on the schedule too much longer. They really gotta drive the car at that old place... just sliding around after about 5 laps. Good stuff. Rockingham was just as good.

The road courses are something different thus fun to watch... at least with the drivers that have a clue how to race on them. Half of them are just out there trying not to get run over or just running over people.

Phoenix has pretty decent racing for a flat track.

I'm about the only person I know that enjoys the races at California and Michigan. I just like it when the cars can run multiple grooves... I don't care if the field gets strung out, that'll happen when you've got faster cars. All I ask is that a driver be able to use another lane in order to pass someone instead of having to just ride behind them. Michigan and California both provide that.

Chicago and Kansas are slowly getting better as the get older.

If they'd just leave Texas alone and not repave it every couple of years, it'd be just as good as Atlanta and Charlotte pre 2005.

there is only one king in nascar and tha is talladega. i go to the spring race every year. i love the race, the people, the atmsopher, the weather.......everything. camping is free. traffic isnt that bad b/c u can get to the track by lot 4 different directions.

i also go to both bristol races and i like it there too. more family oriented than dega though. the parties in dega are out of this world.

but the race in dega is so good it will put hair on your chest.

(checkerboard_charly @ Dec 28 said:
there is only one king in nascar and tha is talladega. i go to the spring race every year. i love the race, the people, the atmsopher, the weather.......everything. camping is free. traffic isnt that bad b/c u can get to the track by lot 4 different directions.

i also go to both bristol races and i like it there too. more family oriented than dega though. the parties in dega are out of this world.
but the race in dega is so good it will put hair on your chest.
I heard that charly no place like talladega, you are liable to see anything happen outside that track, if u know what i mean :cool: :cool: :cool:

Favorites:

Bristol; non stop action the entire 500 laps.
Daytona and Talladega; I just like plate racing

Least favorite:

The road courses to me are boring. They're ok for open wheel, but not a good fit for stock cars imo.
Pocono; whoever gets the lead is able to pull away and nobody else can do anything with them. It's hard to pass and to me it's the most boring track on the Nascar circuit.

(checkerboard_charly @ Dec 28 said:
NASCAR will tinker with regional divisons.

nascar.
They've had these series for years. Sounds like they're going to restructure the Busch North and Winston West (I think they call it Auto Zone West now). They're also eliminating the late model elite divisions :cry:

I don't like the road courses either! :bad:

I DID like Dega & Daytona when I was a kid and went with my dad ever year.
Now that I know what goes into it and how it works, I'm not impressed. It's pretty much get behind someone, get the aero push, and follow them to the front.....that isn't racing to me. Plus, you get these yahoos out there like Jimmie Johnson that wants to wreck everyone around him. It's a big wreck-fest. I know that some people go to see the wrecks, but I'm not one of those people. I want to see some side by side, door to door banging, getting to the front on your own racing.

I don't like the infield at Dega, too many drunks and women flashing their ta tas for beads. I can see why the men like it though. LOL

I have been to all of the tracks in the Southeast and to Indy. The only other tracks that I would like to go to are Texas, Phoenix, and Chicago.

I guess the reason I always liked the plate races was that no matter how bad the season was going for Dale, he was always strong on the plate tracks. Funny, as good as he was at plate racing he always said that he hated it lol.

(MyBloodRunnethOrange @ Dec 29 said:
I guess the reason I always liked the plate races was that no matter how bad the season was going for Dale, he was always strong on the plate tracks. Funny, as good as he was at plate racing he always said that he hated it lol.
how could he be called an Earnhardt and not be strong at plate tracks, his daddy could see the air on those tracks.

(bleedingorange @ Dec 29 said:
how could he be called an Earnhardt and not be strong at plate tracks, his daddy could see the air on those tracks.
I was actually talking bout daddy, but Jr is really strong @ plate racing too. Another reason I like it :dance2:

(MyBloodRunnethOrange @ Dec 29 said:
I was actually talking bout daddy, but Jr is really strong @ plate racing too. Another reason I like it :dance2:
These days it looks like these other teams have really caught up if not passed DEI on the plate tracks, especially Hendricks

True, but DEI was in disarray everywhere last year. DEI needs to get back to what made Daytona DEItona, which is working together. Hopefully that will happen with Truex coming on board.

Hendrick was strong at the first two plate races, but faded after that. Of course, having Diet Jeffy take out half the field makes it much easier to win those things. :lol:

VN Store

Back