Vincent Perry ineligible

Some of the things some of you are saying about this kid is just wrong. You do not know what his major is. You do not know his situation.

I suppose some of you have never failed at anything in your life.

Could someone clear this up for me? His academic ineligibility took away his scholarship but now he's back on the team as a walk-on. Since when are walk-on's unable to play?

You have the cause-effect out of order.
  • His academic ineligibility means he can not play. That's the NCAA talking.
  • Because he is not eligible to play, UT took away his scholarship (don't know if that's a hard rule of the program, or is decided case by case).
  • Butch did not, however, close the door in the kid's face. Told him he could stay with the team as a walk-on and try to win back his scholarship by good academics and comportment.
So that's where he is, as I understand it. Off the playing field for this coming fall, but still on the practice field and on campus in classes.

Reactions: 2 people
You have the cause-effect out of order.
  • His academic ineligibility means he can not play. That's the NCAA talking.
  • Because he is not eligible to play, UT took away his scholarship (don't know if that's a hard rule of the program, or is decided case by case).
  • Butch did not, however, close the door in the kid's face. Told him he could stay with the team as a walk-on and try to win back his scholarship by good academics and comportment.
So that's where he is, as I understand it. Off the playing field for this coming fall, but still on the practice field and on campus in classes.

Gracias

Per Hubbs

Of course Vincent Perry is coming back to the team likely in August for the fall semester as a walk-on and is ineligible for this season. Perry can regain his scholarship if he handles his business in the classroom.

Just to cover all bases, they should still do an evaluation on him for a learning disability. Robinson's statement seems to suggest that Perry is just lazy or unfocused. But that may be just a symptom, and not the cause.

Seems if they are going to be doing so many innovative things with nutrition and sleep studies that they would check this as well. Then again, maybe they have. But if not, that is something else that should not be overlooked.

If you go back to his high school days, academics have always been an issue - due to lack of effort versus learning difficulties. UT does an amazing job supporting student athletes, it is a shame that these resources seem to sometimes be wasted by some.

Henderson is already enrolled at JUCO, and I think Latrell Williams may have beaten out Vincent Perry for time in the slot anyway

You are correct on both sir. I'm telling all of you guys something. Tyler Byrd is going to be really good at both WR & the return game. I say right now that he's better than Jennings at WR.

To be perfectly honest, the only WR on our roster for 2016 that's better than Byrd is Preston Williams. He has more skills than both Malone & Josh Smith plus Jeff George. He's faster than all of them.

He might become our 2nd best WR by middle of the season or so. This kid has so many skills. He's going to be a joy to watch in everything he does on the field.

You are correct on both sir. I'm telling all of you guys something. Tyler Byrd is going to be really good at both WR & the return game. I say right now that he's better than Jennings at WR.

To be perfectly honest, the only WR on our roster for 2016 that's better than Byrd is Preston Williams. He has more skills than both Malone & Josh Smith plus Jeff George. He's faster than all of them.

He might become our 2nd best WR by middle of the season or so. This kid has so many skills. He's going to be a joy to watch in everything he does on the field.

Cool, Tony. So where you getting your insights? Are you hanging out with the team at all?

Reactions: 1 person
Cool, Tony. So where you getting your insights? Are you hanging out with the team at all?

Now! Now! I've just watched a ton of videos on Tyler Byrd. I mean a ton. This guy is going to amaze us. I'm telling you. He did some stuff on punt & kick returns that Dale Carter, Evan Berry, Dante Stallworth, & many others couldn't do.

He is just so athletic & agile. He has speed on top of that in which you can't teach. I just see what I see. No, I'm no insider. I just know what I see in talent & he has it. He wasn't the #1 ATHLETE in the country for nothing.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back