Vincent Perry ineligible

Some people just are not made for the rigors of college academics. It does not necessarily mean he didn't put in the effort, I have seen people I consider smart put in the effort and just not make it. I hope things work out for him.

Bull****, smart people who put out the effort don't flunk out of UT. Sorry...but it just doesn't happen.

Reactions: 1 person
Vince will be a decent scout team member and some talent for the practice squad. At least it is not a defensive tackle or position of prime need. One lazy often-injured freshman bit the dust which is not unusual - maybe repeating his freshman year will give him a sense of urgency to study. It will be a good story if he can win a scholarship back. Butch must see potential in the kid or they would have taken the opportunity to give him a one-way ticket to a junior college and cut their losses.

Butch must see potential in the kid or they would have taken the opportunity to give him a one-way ticket to a junior college and cut their losses.

CBJ is just putting out a politically correct press release. With the depth of academic support afforded these athletes along with some of the rather simple classes they can choose to take, they almost have to try to fail out. CBJ doesn't decide if a student athlete is kicked out of UT for academics - there's other folks taking care of that. CBJ does decide who gets those 85 scholarships and he gave Perry the boot off that when he didn't have to. Not too hard to read between the lines.

I don't see him panning out. If he can't keep his grades up while injured, how will he keep it up when more of his time is in demand!

If a player can't make good enough grades to get into a state school (with all the help afforded to them), we might be better off without them anyway. Football is certainly a physical game but to be great you have to have a good mental game as well

So this list of WRs is....

Preston Williams
Josh Smith
Josh Malone
Jauan Jennings
Jeff George
Latrell Williams
Tyler Byrd
Marquez Callaway
Brandon Johnson
Corey Henderson
Cody Blanc

(Starting TEs are Croom and Wolf)

I'm good with the top 4, for sure. But an injury to one of them would be really tough.

So this list of WRs is....

Preston Williams
Josh Smith
Josh Malone
Jauan Jennings
Jeff George
Latrell Williams
Tyler Byrd
Marquez Callaway
Brandon Johnson
Corey Henderson
Cody Blanc

(Starting TEs are Croom and Wolf)

I'm good with the top 4, for sure. But an injury to one of them would be really tough.

Never heard of a school having 7 great wrs. Usually a school has one maybe two great and three good with some filler guys. That's what we have and having this kid wouldn't change my thoughts. Also, I liked George in spring and he could be playmaker for us.

Tough blow, was really excited about him getting some playing time. still fine at WR though. Just means more Playing Time for Byrd, Williams and Callaway

Henderson is already enrolled at JUCO, and I think Latrell Williams may have beaten out Vincent Perry for time in the slot anyway

Henderson is already enrolled at JUCO, and I think Latrell Williams may have beaten out Vincent Perry for time in the slot anyway

Henderson enrolled at JUCO, but it was mentioned that it was a fallback if he couldn't get his grades in order. The possibility was still open, even if slim.

We have plenty of stand up way off to the side blockers. We will be just fine.

Could someone clear this up for me? His academic ineligibility took away his scholarship but now he's back on the team as a walk-on. Since when are walk-on's unable to play?

Bull****, smart people who put out the effort don't flunk out of UT. Sorry...but it just doesn't happen.

Some folks that come out of high school with incredibly good grades do have trouble in college. The expectations in college are a lot different than high school. Even very smart kids that don't know how to really study or exert themselves to their education can run into academic trouble.

You also have to learn when to drop a class and select a different professor.

VN Store

Back