Vincent Perry ineligible

dont overlook this part, from Hyams: "Perry will have a chance to earn his scholarship back based on performance on and off the field, UT spokesman Ryan Robinson said."

Reactions: 1 person
Gone!

Every player should take notice, CBJ ain't foolin around. Get with the program, go to class, stay out of trouble or you're gone and I'll recruit someone better!

Still plenty of options at WR. Better him than a player that was proven. Cannot believe some of these players are unable to keep their grades in order when they have so many resources to assist them.

Some people just are not made for the rigors of college academics. It does not necessarily mean he didn't put in the effort, I have seen people I consider smart put in the effort and just not make it. I hope things work out for him.

Never good to lose a player, but it is an academic thing. Helps the new guys keep priorities in order. Teaching moment.

Perry's spot only counts against the scholarship limit-- it has no bearing on the number of recruits UT can take.

Sucks to lose him, but we're stocked at WR.

Have to cut bait with this guy. Can't make good grades even after he had to sit out a year. That shows no dedication and there's no place for someone like that on the team. Good luck Vincent.

So he sat out an entire year with injury and still **** the bed with his grades?

As those beloved ESPN sportscasters say, "COME ON MAN!"

Oh well. Double-edged sword. We lose him, but gain an extra scholly for this cycle.

I'm pretty sure you don't know what a double-edged sword is...

Reactions: 4 people
“He wants (to be here), and we want him here,” Jones told GoVols247 on Wednesday afternoon. “This is just one of those tough things. I applaud his mother. I applaud his whole family. These are situations in life that can make you better. It’s how you handle it. He has to be responsible for his schooling for now, and I commend them for doing that.

“I look forward to still having him be a part of the team right now.”

“He will be a walk-on and pay for his year, and then he’ll have the opportunity to earn that scholarship back by what he does in the classroom, off the field and on the field,” Jones said.

Reactions: 2 people
“He wants (to be here), and we want him here,” Jones told GoVols247 on Wednesday afternoon. “This is just one of those tough things. I applaud his mother. I applaud his whole family. These are situations in life that can make you better. It’s how you handle it. He has to be responsible for his schooling for now, and I commend them for doing that.

“I look forward to still having him be a part of the team right now.”

“He will be a walk-on and pay for his year, and then he’ll have the opportunity to earn that scholarship back by what he does in the classroom, off the field and on the field,” Jones said.

He screwed up and he's owning it. Willing to swallow his pride and earn his way back. I'm pulling for you young man.

Reactions: 4 people
dont overlook this part, from Hyams: "Perry will have a chance to earn his scholarship back based on performance on and off the field, UT spokesman Ryan Robinson said."

Just to cover all bases, they should still do an evaluation on him for a learning disability. Robinson's statement seems to suggest that Perry is just lazy or unfocused. But that may be just a symptom, and not the cause.

Seems if they are going to be doing so many innovative things with nutrition and sleep studies that they would check this as well. Then again, maybe they have. But if not, that is something else that should not be overlooked.

VN Store

Back