Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile

Your average phone user is barely pushing 1-2GB of data a month. People who are burning through 5-10+GB have to be streaming Netflix on their phones or transferring a LOT of data back and forth. You really have to be trying hard to burn through data usage like that or you are not utilizing your wifi connections like you should be.

Nothing like being able to watch college basketball while sitting in an auditorium waiting for a cheerleading competition to start. 😀

I don't think it's throttled. It's depriotitized. Which all carriers do as far as I know.

Who are you with currently?

Yeah I know what they call it now... :)

I'm on Verizon now and haven't run into any issues on months I've used a lot more data (usually when I'm on the road). I'm usually approaching 20gb/mo right now

I'm on Verizon now and haven't run into any issues on months I've used a lot more data (usually when I'm on the road). I'm usually approaching 20gb/mo right now
We have used around 23gb on average every month and I have noticed any throttling......we shall see if there are any with the unlimited

Nothing like being able to watch college basketball while sitting in an auditorium waiting for a cheerleading competition to start. 😀

ESPN mobile app was the greatest thing ever created. I use it some on the road but most of my data use goes to Spotify since I haven't listened to the radio in over a year lol

I gotcha. So you've had yours for a while then.

The de-prioritization doesn't seem like a big deal to me, where throttling is more matter of fact. But you don't have either if you're on the old Verizon UDP, so.... 😀

ESPN mobile app was the greatest thing ever created. I use it some on the road but most of my data use goes to Spotify since I haven't listened to the radio in over a year lol

For me, it's YouTube and ESPN. Maybe some Twitch here and there. Lol.

Just to clear things up about deprioritization on Verizon. You will only see an impact if a) you're over your limit, and b) the site you're attached too is congested. All it means is you have to wait for other users to get their data first and then you'll get yours. There's no limits on speed, it'll be whatever the site can support given the usage at that moment. The only exception is hotspots or tethering which will be limited in speed.

Last edited:
My Wifi has quit working on my LG G3 and the GPS thinks Im nowhere near where I am sometimes (I was in Nashville in December and it thought I was in Biloxi, MS so I couldn't get an Uber). I'm with Sprint, took it to their main center here and asked the tech to look at it. They refused because there's a crack on the screen that's been there since 2 days after I got the phone. So now I'm looking into new phones. Thinking I might buy anused Nexus 5X, anyone have one of those or have suggestions that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

My Wifi has quit working on my LG G3 and the GPS thinks Im nowhere near where I am sometimes (I was in Nashville in December and it thought I was in Biloxi, MS so I couldn't get an Uber). I'm with Sprint, took it to their main center here and asked the tech to look at it. They refused because there's a crack on the screen that's been there since 2 days after I got the phone. So now I'm looking into new phones. Thinking I might buy anused Nexus 5X, anyone have one of those or have suggestions that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

Nexus 5X
Moto X
Nexus 6p
OnePlus 3T
Honor 8
Samsung S6, S7
Note 5

There's a few good phones with a range of prices.

Also, how much mobile data do you use? A Nexus on Google Fi would save you money if you're using less than 3 or 4 gigs.

Last edited:
Nexus 5X
Moto X
Nexus 6p
OnePlus 3T
Honor 8
Samsung S6, S7
Note 5

There's a few good phones with a range of prices.

Also, how much mobile data do you use? A Nexus on Google Fi would save you money if you're using less than 3 or 4 gigs.

A lot of data, but I have an unlimited plan - BUT I also almost always have Wifi access so it would be cut down a lot if I had a phone capable of accessing Wifi again.

The OnePlus and Honor aren't compatible with Sprint's networks, unfortunately. I had my eyes set on the Asus Zenfone 3 Laser before learning it wasn't compatible.

Last edited:
You said Sprint and I knew you were Sprint, but I didn't even think about them being cdma. I was just thinking FI gives you Sprint + TMo so coverage would be fine for you.

I don't stream Netflix.

Not really trying hard to burn through data.

Like I should be? Are you the holy father of Internet use? Lol

I have 5 lines on my account....I can promise you that 15 to 20 GB get used up pretty quickly,
Especially with utorrent and xhamster.

You said Sprint and I knew you were Sprint, but I didn't even think about them being cdma. I was just thinking FI gives you Sprint + TMo so coverage would be fine for you.

Ah. Google Fi isn't available in my area, if I'm reading it right. Area code 61265.

Ah. Google Fi isn't available in my area, if I'm reading it right. Area code 61265.

This seems to indicate pretty good coverage in your area.

https://fi.google.com/coverage?q=61265

ps. my referral link nets us both money if you join...just sayin. :thumbsup: You prob know it uses both Sprint and TMo. There's also apps available that will allow you pick which one to use.

Last edited:
I don't stream Netflix.

Not really trying hard to burn through data.

Like I should be? Are you the holy father of Internet use? Lol

I have 5 lines on my account....I can promise you that 15 to 20 GB get used up pretty quickly,

Yes! You use too much data! You might have a problem. Now go sit in the corner! :)

Especially with utorrent and xhamster.

xhamster :lol:

This seems to indicate pretty good coverage in your area.

https://fi.google.com/coverage?q=61265

ps. my referral link nets us both money if you join...just sayin. :thumbsup: You prob know it uses both Sprint and TMo. There's also apps available that will allow you pick which one to use.

So when I get to the point where it asks me to input my zip code after "get started" it says Project Fi isn't available in my area, although it indicates I have plenty of coverage.

Just to clear things up about deprioritization on Verizon. You will only see an impact if a) you're over your limit, and b) the site you're attached too is congested. All it means is you have to wait for other users to get their data first and then you'll get yours. There's no limits on speed, it'll be whatever the site can support given the usage at that moment. The only exception is hotspots or tethering which will be limited in speed.
Not to mention, that 22gb threshold is per line, not account.

VN Store

Back