Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile

Has anyone tried the T-Mobile “getoutofthered” promotion? Where you can switch from Verizon and they’ll pay off your phone up from up to $650 if you have a newer phone? You get to keep your phone and number.

Thinking about it, get Netflix free with T-Mobile and other cool extras
T-Mobile is awesome, WHERE they have service. I’m going back to AT&T from T-Mobile right now. The difference in coverage isn’t worth Netflix.

*Again, unless you live somewhere where they have service

Last edited:
T-Mobile is awesome, WHERE they have service. I’m going back to Verizon from T-Mobile right now. The difference in coverage isn’t worth Netflix.

*Again, unless you live somewhere where they have service
It would be cheaper for me and my wife even if we get the unlimited plan, plus would be nice to have my phone paid off. I live in Jacksonville, I’ll definitely check the coverage map

It would be cheaper for me and my wife even if we get the unlimited plan, plus would be nice to have my phone paid off. I live in Jacksonville, I’ll definitely check the coverage map

It's great in urban areas. But once you drive five feet outside any city, coverage sucks.

Had it, dropped it. The company still has it as our cell provider and it still blows.

Looked at T-Mobile and Sprint. ATT not worth the switch from the V. Great deals from the other two. but, we live outside Cookeville going toward Gainesboro. Our road is kind of the petering off point for Sprint and T Mobile coverage. And we spend a lot of time in Gainesboro (School). Verizon coverage also sketchy. US Cellular is only carrier that you get really good coverage out there.

I know that. We've limped along on a borrowed hotspot when up there, but that isn't a permanent solution at all.

Wifi isn't an option, DSL and satellite are the only broadband options as far out as it is and it just isn't needed at a weekend place.

TMO is fantastic...where it works. There's just too many dead spots (not weak, dead). It doesn't appear they're quite built out enough for rural areas yet, and for whatever reason they're dragging their feet on roaming agreements.

Call me silly, but if I have a weekend place on Douglas, screw cell service. Just my world view. lol..

The price of phones is following the path of football coach buyouts. I've always gotten mine for free or a nominal charge, including this Moto Droid (which I love) close to two years ago. My son's recent iPhone was $700, and my wife paid about that much for her Android phone last month, and that was with a "discount!" Now, I hear of people paying a grand for the new Apple phones. I just don't get it, with the insane amount you still have to pay for monthly service.
I've got a LG cheapo, k20 or something. $200 cash so easy to replace. The cost of insurance + deductible, combined with the limited scope of repair actually paid for, made me just say F it to high end phones. This one does the trick.

The price of phones is following the path of football coach buyouts. I've always gotten mine for free or a nominal charge, including this Moto Droid (which I love) close to two years ago. My son's recent iPhone was $700, and my wife paid about that much for her Android phone last month, and that was with a "discount!" Now, I hear of people paying a grand for the new Apple phones. I just don't get it, with the insane amount you still have to pay for monthly service.
Some of us have an issue. It's a sickness.

There are some really good budget Android phones out right now though. I really love the One plus 6. They've done a good job with getting out the latest Android updates too. A big issue I've always had with Samsung phones.

Republic Wireless

We have two Moto X's, about $300.00 each. We have one phone with talk+Text+ wifi, one with Talk+Text+wifi+data. Total monthly bill with taxes for both $47.76, no contract

We've been with Republic for over four years

Republic Wireless

We have two Moto X's, about $300.00 each. We have one phone with talk+Text+ wifi, one with Talk+Text+wifi+data. Total monthly bill with taxes for both $47.76, no contract

We've been with Republic for over four years
Similar for Total Wireless. It uses the Verizon system which works best for use here. unlimited talk, text, 15 Gig of data. The most we have ever used is less than 6. Wife has Samsung 7, I have a 3. Hers cwas. $500, mine $150. Hers has a great camera. Otherwise, pretty much the same. Total bill is $64/mo.
We had att, and I ocassionally had to walk out to the front yard to use it, and we live in Davidson County.

Reactions: Zues1
Similar for Total Wireless. It uses the Verizon system which works best for use here. unlimited talk, text, 15 Gig of data. The most we have ever used is less than 6. Wife has Samsung 7, I have a 3. Hers cwas. $500, mine $150. Hers has a great camera. Otherwise, pretty much the same. Total bill is $64/mo.
We had att, and I ocassionally had to walk out to the front yard to use it, and we live in Davidson County.

I believe Republic utilizes Sprints network. Republic started the wifi calling plan concept and my wife was a beta tester. She still gets a 10% discount on everything after all these years :)

IMO the small start up Republic pushed the big players to come up with alternatives to what I consider to be overpriced calling plans. Now many of them offer no contract, lower cost rate plans.

Let's all face it, we've become a generation that can't seem to exist without technology. With that we've become sheep to overpriced programs and contracts., Internet, cable, cell plans.
Without these small start up companies with innovative ideas we would be prisoners of Time Warner, Verizon etc.

Who would have believed twenty years ago people today would be paying and accept as the norm $200+ to watch TV and $100+ to have phone service. $1000.00 for a phone, Not me.
I'm not paying that now for either service., nor am I willing to.

I believe Republic utilizes Sprints network. Republic started the wifi calling plan concept and my wife was a beta tester. She still gets a 10% discount on everything after all these years :)

IMO the small start up Republic pushed the big players to come up with alternatives to what I consider to be overpriced calling plans. Now many of them offer no contract, lower cost rate plans.

Let's all face it, we've become a generation that can't seem to exist without technology. With that we've become sheep to overpriced programs and contracts., Internet, cable, cell plans.
Without these small start up companies with innovative ideas we would be prisoners of Time Warner, Verizon etc.

Who would have believed twenty years ago people today would be paying and accept as the norm $200+ to watch TV and $100+ to have phone service. $1000.00 for a phone, Not me.
I'm not paying that now for either service., nor am I willing to.

It really is "sad" what people think they have to have.
should be 570, not 57.
[/QUOTE]

Not a Big Springsteen fan so I've never heard this. Bit different for him, but it is spot on.[/QUOTE]
Ha, I've never been a fan either. I wanted the Dire Straits song, but Bruce is what poped up. I don't recall having heard bthat song before, but I don't recall a lot these days, crs. If more of his songs were similar I might have likeed him more. Actually, nothing wrong with him, just not my cup of tea.

Reactions: Zues1

VN Store

Back