Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile

Thanks to those that posted about the roll over data. I hadn't seen that. Got the same amount of data for less money.

Holy Toledo Batman, ya'll are crazy. Just for $#!+S and giggles I looked up what it would cost on Verizon to equal my data and my monthly cost would almost double. Yikes. That doesn't account for the fact I would have to also pay for a phone, which could triple my costs.

If I ever find myself needing more than 100 minutes of talk, Cricket would be the place to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
It's 100 minutes month. Unl text. 5gig of LTE data, then unl throttled 3G data. Includes BingeOn and weekly freebies. Pre-paid. Walmart sells a kit. Search google for "Walmart $30 tmobile" and it'll autocomplete the search it's so popular.

Also, I agree device payment plans are ok (interest free, why not?). But, it does cause some people to buy more than they need. An iphone 16g might have been good enough but interest free payments make that 64g model seem like "just a couple more dollars".

Awesome, thanks. I'll check it out.

Meh. Stick with AT&T. Especially if your phone is paid and you're happy with it. International travel is easier than with any other carrier in the US market - activate Intl roaming with a phone call, or buy a short-term plan if you anticipate heavy usage. Keep the same SIM card. No hassles. No wasted $$.

Well, except for TMo and Google Fi where your phone just works overseas without you doing anything special and no extra charges.

Reactions: 2 people
Except it's throttled at 22gb. Did add tethering though which is interesting

I'm still not sure I trust them enough to give up my current UDP

My current plan is 10 GBs (shared between 2 lines) plus I get carryover data wich is almost always at least 5-7 GB. This month I have 17.44 GB alotted. I would only switch if it made my bills cheaper.

My current plan is 10 GBs (shared between 2 lines) plus I get carryover data wich is almost always at least 5-7 GB. This month I have 17.44 GB alotted. I would only switch if it made my bills cheaper.
If you are only using 3-5 GBs of data a month, I would say that you have absolutely no use for an unlimited plan.

Verizon. better coverage and better signal. I have had it happen dozens of times where I am sitting with friends (Tmobile & AT&T) and been the only one with a signal. and usually its not just 1 or 2 bars. full blow LTE everything. Even in cities you will find fewer dead spots. Southern Knox was real bad for my friends but literally zero problem for me, in big cities, Atlanta, signal will sometimes drop in big buildings or stadiums but not for Verizon.

I am still on my family's plan because the 5 person plan we are on is cheaper than a 4 person, even by others.

If you are only using 3-5 GBs of data a month, I would say that you have absolutely no use for an unlimited plan.

Purdy much. Wife and I are both on wi-if most of the day. When we were on 2GB each it was fine for years. Then last year we both started going over almost every month. When I upgraded in the fall I changed our plan and it came out almost the same price after wife's job discount applied (didn't for old loyalty plan).

Except it's throttled at 22gb. Did add tethering though which is interesting

I'm still not sure I trust them enough to give up my current UDP
I don't think it's throttled. It's depriotitized. Which all carriers do as far as I know.

Who are you with currently?

I ageee.

For me, though, my kids use an absolutely ridiculous amount of data. It's crazy.

My life has been so much simpler since we switched to unlimited a while back. No more talks about "how have you used 90% of your data in a week?" followed by "you are going to have to pay your own overage fees. I'm not doing it anymore." Lol. Good times.

Reactions: NWGVol

Your average phone user is barely pushing 1-2GB of data a month. People who are burning through 5-10+GB have to be streaming Netflix on their phones or transferring a LOT of data back and forth. You really have to be trying hard to burn through data usage like that or you are not utilizing your wifi connections like you should be.

I ageee.

For me, though, my kids use an absolutely ridiculous amount of data. It's crazy.

My life has been so much simpler since we switched to unlimited a while back. No more talks about "how have you used 90% of your data in a week?" followed by "you are going to have to pay your own overage fees. I'm not doing it anymore." Lol. Good times.
I hear ya with the kids. Dang Snapchat and instagram!

Verizon now has unlimited data plan. Ends up being the same price I have been paying for 24GB

Verizon also has some great trade-in deals for those porting in, such as trading in an iPhone 6 for an iPhone 7.

Your average phone user is barely pushing 1-2GB of data a month. People who are burning through 5-10+GB have to be streaming Netflix on their phones or transferring a LOT of data back and forth. You really have to be trying hard to burn through data usage like that or you are not utilizing your wifi connections like you should be.
I don't stream Netflix.

Not really trying hard to burn through data.

Like I should be? Are you the holy father of Internet use? Lol

I have 5 lines on my account....I can promise you that 15 to 20 GB get used up pretty quickly,

I don't stream Netflix.

Not really trying hard to burn through data.

Like I should be? Are you the holy father of Internet use? Lol

I have 5 lines on my account....I can promise you that 15 to 20 GB get used up pretty quickly,

Preach, man.

There's no wifi where I work. A lot of times at the gym I'll avoid their wifi when it gets bogged down. That's just a couple examples of how I use it.

Unlimited data has been a fantastic change (we're trying TMobile for a while), especially when travelling. Wife and I are usually at about between 20-30GB a month.

I can't help but think...there was a time not to long ago when minutes and number of texts were limited. I imagine in the not too distant future we'll be laughing at the data limits of the last few years. I realize there will be throttles and prioritization, but I would think caps will eventually die.

VN Store

Back