Venzell Boulware commits

One of the Boulwares played safety for Seattle in that Super Bowl I think

Correct. That would be Michael Boulware, who "is the younger brother of former NFL linebacker Peter Boulware." Michael also attended Florida State and played in Super Bowl XL vs. the Steelers (Michael Boulware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). That gives us brothers Peter and Michael Boulware, both of whom attended FSU, and younger cousin Robert Boulware, who played for us. Are there additional Boulwares who played significantly for FSU?

Last edited:
That we continue to recruit at such a high level in spite of our past 4 years of suckdom amaze me. If Butch can develop these players and make the right gameday calls, we could have something special starting up similar to 1990s.

Butch is the greatest salesman alive...he can sell anything to anyone.
sandymetcalfdotcom-ice21.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
We have...without a doubt...the BEST names for the 2015 recruiting class. It's going to be so much fun hearing some of these names being called out over the PA!

Venzell Boulware
Riley Lovingood
Cecil Cherry
Quay Picou
Andrew Butcher
Kahlil McKenzie
Rocky Reid
Shy Tuttle (fingers crossed)

Reactions: 4 people
Players like this will only give us championships. Something is going on On the Hill. What's in the water up there? 1990's Fulmer?

Reactions: 1 person
Players like this will only give us championships. Something is going on On the Hill. What's in the water up there? 1990's Fulmer?

Call me greedy, but I want to be better than that. True we won a lot of ball games, but we also left a lot of wins on the field. Should have had at least one other Natty and a couple more SEC championships. The talent some of those 90's teams had was absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: 2 people
How many Boulwares are there? I know they all have to be related. That last name has produced an insane amount of serious football talent

Boulware is a winning name. There's not one in every class but you gotta swipe 'em up when they're available.

We have...without a doubt...the BEST names for the 2015 recruiting class. It's going to be so much fun hearing some of these names being called out over the PA!

Venzell Boulware
Riley Lovingood
Cecil Cherry
Quay Picou
Andrew Butcher
Kahlil McKenzie
Rocky Reid

Amazing. Fulmer use to do this like commonplace in the 90's but I don't know if he ever had the Family feel like Butch. It feels good to be a Volunteer.

Venzell Boulware
Riley Lovingood
Cecil Cherry
Quay Picou
Andrew Butcher
Kahlil McKenzie
Rocky Reid

Great point! All of these guys sound like winners. We're a top 5 recruiting class based on names alone IMO.

Call me greedy, but I want to be better than that. True we won a lot of ball games, but we also left a lot of wins on the field. Should have had at least one other Natty and a couple more SEC championships. The talent some of those 90's teams had was absolutely ridiculous.

He did have a reputation for not developing the talent he got. I do think we will get more of our wins with Butch.

VN Store

Back