Vegas favorites for the new head coach

To use your term, "pure speculation." He got fired for not changing his philosophy. I seriously doubt he's not gonna take the 18 months of no job to not re-evaluate his philosophy. Only way he gets another job is to do so.

Miles had chances to save his job at LSU but refused to change his offensive philosophy.

Himself is the reason why he's not employed right now.

You don't get fired from a big time program like LSU after winning 10+ games every year for no reason at all.

LSU fans eventually got fed up with the guy cause he refused to change. Same with us Vol fans.

Butch is about to get fired for the exact same reason.

Reactions: 1 person
Jeff Brohm is young, plays an exciting style of football that appeals to fans. This would be a great (dare I say) long term hire.

However, ultimately we deserve a proven winner!
Please no proven cheats and no bizarre personalities! We have terrific passionate fans, a splendid base of talent and unbelievable facilities now put them in the hands of a championship caliber coach!!

What appeals to real fans is winning. It does take a team that plays well at the LOS. I could care less what style we when with, the working style that's the one I want. And I think most reasonable fans think the same way. GBO!!!!

A national championship? Hell, an SECe Division title would do it.

People don’t want to admit it, but this is all it takes to get 5-6 years here.

If Butch had won the SECe last year we wouldn’t even be having this conversation right now (fans wouldn’t have even cared if we got beat down by Bama, we just wanted to be there). We would write this year off as a bad year and see how things go next year.

Miles had chances to save his job at LSU but refused to change his offensive philosophy.

Himself is the reason why he's not employed right now.

You don't get fired from a big time program like LSU after winning 10+ games every year for no reason at all.

LSU fans eventually got fed up with the guy cause he refused to change. Same with us Vol fans.

Butch is about to get fired for the exact same reason.

Yet, LSU would take Les Miles back right now if they could. But back to your point, you don't get fired from a big time job like LSU and keep the same philosophy and hope to get another job. There is a reason why Les wasn't actively chasing jobs like Purdue and other lower tier gigs. The guy ain't a chump. Once again, as an AD, you make his buyout low if we fire him and make him hire a proven OC.

Who really believes that Tennessee will go out and hire a proven winner at this level?

If,and I mean If, they decide to fire Jones, I totally expect another "let me Google that" hire.

Reactions: 1 person
I know I'm in the minority but I still want Mullen. If you can win games at Miss State you can win anywhere. He has done all he can there and the resources he would get here would tap his full potential.

But has not won @ MS ST. Mullen's W-L SEC record, 2009 -> present is 30-37. This is not the SEC record of a "winning" coach. If you can't win your SEC games, the rest is all BS.

2009: 3-5
2010: 4-4
2011: 2-6
2012: 4-4
2013: 3-5
2014: 6-2
2015: 4-4
2016: 3-5
2017: 1-2 (to date)

My personal choices from that list would be Jeff Brohm (Realistic) and Bob Stoops (Not realistic)

Brohm is no where near a realistic chance. He isn’t bolting after one year at Purdue given his buyout. Some people are dumb.

But has not won @ MS ST. Mullen's W-L SEC record, 2009 -> present is 30-37. This is not the SEC record of a "winning" coach. If you can't win your SEC games, the rest is all BS.

2009: 3-5
2010: 4-4
2011: 2-6
2012: 4-4
2013: 3-5
2014: 6-2
2015: 4-4
2016: 3-5
2017: 1-2 (to date)

You can only win so much going against Bama, LSU, Auburn, A&M every year. Imagine his record if he could swap them for Mizzou, Vandy, Kentucky, and South Carolina every year.

I don't want to piss a lot of people off on here, and there's a big chance that I'm wrong, but am I the only one who thinks that Chip Kelly's claim to fame was Marcus Mariota? Or were all of his offenses really that good? Honestly I had never followed him until Mariota.

He only was the coach while Mariota was there,

If they decide to keep CBJ until the end of the year, can we at least get a replacement OC in the meantime? Scott is CLEARLY in over his head.

Why in the hell would Chip Kelly want to go to Tennessee? Like you say, he's an elite head coach.

Les Miles is like 3 years younger than Fulmer.

What's in the water in Tennessee that makes you even think that you can do better than Butch Jones? You people are like the WWE booger eaters acting all indignant when the Undertaker loses.

Army and Navy were powerhouses in the 30s too, but they realize they're not that level anymore and they got over it. Tennessee fans should take notes.
Welcome to Volnation, I'm sure you will enjoy!

If they decide to keep CBJ until the end of the year, can we at least get a replacement OC in the meantime? Scott is CLEARLY in over his head.

How is it Scott that's in over his head? It's Butchs system. /
Scott's just the latest puppet.

I'm a little surprised Venables isn't on the list. He will be a HC come next season imo.

That is what I was thinking as well. Unless we go with a very proven winning head coach, I think he would be my pick.

It seems that Kelly's offenses struggled a lot against really good defenses, and we have plenty of those every year in the SEC. I don't think I would hate the hire, but I would hope that he brings in a really top-notch Defensive Coordinator.

Miles=rich man's Butch Jones. Might be better than I think, but it just has the feel of other people's rejects.

Petrino=Too risky, and not likely to be a crowd favorite, from the get-go.

VN Store

Back