Vegas favorites for the new head coach

he went 10-3, 12-1, 12-2 before Mariota was his starter

also went to the national championship and only lost because of Cam Newton and a freak rolling-missed-tackle that gave Auburn's Dyer (remember him?) a long run to FG range

Like they say on here, Google is my friend lol. Thanks man. In that case I'm all in on Chip.

I don't want to piss a lot of people off on here, and there's a big chance that I'm wrong, but am I the only one who thinks that Chip Kelly's claim to fame was Marcus Mariota? Or were all of his offenses really that good? Honestly I had never followed him until Mariota.

He's an upgrade from Butch, but I'm not completely sold either. His offense was the best new thing when he started coaching. A lot of teams started running similar versions and defensive coordinators have learned how to defend it better. Also, Mariota was a lot of it. If he could bring in the right staff, I think he could have success, but I'm not convinced he is a homerun hire. That being said, if they hire him I'll be thrilled because it tells me they're at least not going after a project. He does actually have proven success.

Would not be surprised one bit of Miles gets the job.

I'm really not wanting to go through that if it happens...

Horrible at game & clock management who doesn't learn from his mistakes.

He's another, "I do no wrong" type of coach just like Butch.

Last edited:
I know it's a risk and probably an unpopular decision, but I really wouldn't be against Petrino. If we are taking a chance on an up and comer, then I like PJ Fleck, but my pipe dream is Bob Stoops. I really think he might be interested to own the SEC East, go against his brother once a year, and kick Saban's ass.

Last edited:
Chip Kelly has no interest in coming back to coach in college. He hates it, I don't understand why people keep thinking he is even a slight possibility.

I don't want to piss a lot of people off on here, and there's a big chance that I'm wrong, but am I the only one who thinks that Chip Kelly's claim to fame was Marcus Mariota? Or were all of his offenses really that good? Honestly I had never followed him until Mariota.

Mariota wasn't even his best QB. Thomas kid was when he was OC and HC that got him to the Natty.

Jeff Brohm is young, plays an exciting style of football that appeals to fans. This would be a great (dare I say) long term hire.

However, ultimately we deserve a proven winner!
Please no proven cheats and no bizarre personalities! We have terrific passionate fans, a splendid base of talent and unbelievable facilities now put them in the hands of a championship caliber coach!!

Last edited:
I'm really not wanting to go through that if it happens...

Horrible at game & clock management who doesn't learn from his mistakes.

He's another, "I don't do no wrong" type of coach just like Butch.

To use your term, "pure speculation." He got fired for not changing his philosophy. I seriously doubt he's not gonna take the 18 months of no job to not re-evaluate his philosophy. Only way he gets another job is to do so.

I like DJ Durkin as an option.

I like him to as an up and comer, just beat fellow up and comer PJ Fleck w/ a 3rd string QB, Tom Herman at Texas by 10 points and his bad loss against UCF came at the expense of losing their 2nd string QB halfway through the game. Not to mention hes a great recruiter finishing just one spot behind us last year at 18th at Maryland

Last edited:
I like him to as an up and comer, just beat fellow up and comer PJ Fleck, Tom Herman at Texas and his bad loss against UCF came at the expense of losing their 2nd string QB

And he beat Fleck with his 3rd string QB. He's won recruiter of the year, Coached under Urban and Harbough. He could definitely be had and knows the SEC. Like him and Brohm if we go young and up and comer with DJ being my first choice. He would never get the players at Maryland he could get here and would bet he could assemble a really good staff.

And he beat Fleck with his 3rd string QB. He's won recruiter of the year, Coached under Urban and Harbough. He could definitely be had and knows the SEC. Like him and Brohm if we go young and up and comer with DJ being my first choice. He would never get the players at Maryland he could get here and would bet he could assemble a really good staff.

yes. I dont know why there's not more hype around him. I also like that hes a defensive guy.

Personally I think Petrino,Miles or Mullen would do better than Kelly in the long run. But Chip is a wild card, I could be wrong if he can assemble a staff that knows what it takes to win in the SEC. His style worked in the pac, but the sec has athletes on defense that resemble the NFL more than they do the pac. Especially the best ones. The key with Kelly is can he match the Saban, Smarts and Swinney's in physicality with his teams. If the answer is yes, he can win here. If his answer is score 40 or 50 to have a chance to win it won't work. GBO!

Personally I think Petrino,Miles or Mullen would do better than Kelly in the long run. But Chip is a wild card, I could be wrong if he can assemble a staff that knows what it takes to win in the SEC. His style worked in the pac, but the sec has athletes on defense that resemble the NFL more than they do the pac. Especially the best ones. The key with Kelly is can he match the Saban, Smarts and Swinney's in physicality with his teams. If the answer is yes, he can win here. If his answer is score 40 or 50 to have a chance to win it won't work. GBO!

Kelly is a fatter Jones

VN Store

Back