Vanderbilt-Tennessee football game needs a name (The Tennessean)

It should be called the "Your ass is fired bowl" as a warning shot fired at the UT coaching staff if they were to somehow lose the game....

Reactions: 1 person
The writter is wrong on many fronts. We should be breaking down his article and pointing out the flaws.

He starts by stating...many of the biggest rivalries.....welp, this isn't a rivalry.....

He goes on to say both have passionate fanbases. Welp, Tennessee has one and Vandie doesn't even have a fanbase....they have a fan or two

Seriously? After playing for 100 years they NOW want to give it a name? Leave it alone.

Just win baby bowl.

Tennessee usually just wants to win and get it over. Candy just wants to win to make a lifetime memory.

In my best TV announcer voice:

The George Cafego Who Gives A Sh*t About These Nerds Trophy

Brought To You by Broken Toasters! Broken Toasters, because only one side gets burnt in those, too.

Reactions: 3 people
We shouldn't name the game. I know we've always played them and they've always been around, but am I the only one that wishes vandy wasn't in the sec? I mean, it makes no sense as to why they are in our conference. We should be the only school in the state representing the best conference in the ncaa. Also, Mississippi state....they were decent two years ago, and good last year (football) but are vandy like IMO. Why not drop them for 2 other "football" schools like Clemson and VT? That's my 2 cents. Naming the vandy game is a waste of time IMHO.
GO VOLS!!!!

We shouldn't name the game. I know we've always played them and they've always been around, but am I the only one that wishes vandy wasn't in the sec? I mean, it makes no sense as to why they are in our conference. We should be the only school in the state representing the best conference in the ncaa. Also, Mississippi state....they were decent two years ago, and good last year (football) but are vandy like IMO. Why not drop them for 2 other "football" schools like Clemson and VT? That's my 2 cents. Naming the vandy game is a waste of time IMHO.
GO VOLS!!!!
It could be worse, we could still have GT, Tulane, AND Candy in the SEC.

"The Commodore Cup"

1) It sounds classy.

2) The cup is originating in Nashville with The Tennessean.

3) If each year's winner is engraved on the trophy, it needs to have some reference to Vanderbilt on it somewhere.

Last edited:
GO VOLS!!!!

Vandy is decent at other sports.

Also, vanderbilts spectacular academics makes the SEC look a lot better. Kicking them out would be unfair to how much they contributed to the conference (I mean, before 1960)

VN Store

Back