Utah State Aggies Huge Game, Establishes Tone for Season

Latest Poll update form Mountain West Publication:pOLL
What will the result be for the USU-Tennessee game?

26% Usu by 10+
(561 votes)
6% USU by less than 10
(129 votes)
12% Tennessee by less than 10
(263 votes)
56% Tennessee by 10+
(1202 votes)
2155 votes total

funny-soon-meme-pics-images-photos-pictures.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee Aggie here... Anyone that thinks you guys will blow us out of the water is crazy. I'm glad to see the majority of the posters on this sight are realistic in that this will be a tough game for both sides.

Only way this game is decided by more than 4 points either way is of there is an injury to a major player in the game.

We are a good team in a bad conference and you are a bad team in the best conference. Analyze all you want but we have very few similar opponents.

I can't wait!

Go ahead and add Paul Hornung. Notre Dame finished 2-8 that year and he still got the heisman over Johnny Majors and Jim Brown

Record should not indicate the best college player, for the Heisman. The Heisman should go to the best player, not the player on the best team.

they did not beat wisconsin. Almost did though

they also have about a dozen wins against the worst teams in FBS and FCS

Air Force
Hawaii
UNLV
New Mexico
Texas State
Weber State
New Mexico State
UT-San Antonio
Idaho
LA Tech
Southern Utah
Wyoming
San Jose State

thats why they have 20 wins the last two years. Lets not blow this up and act like they didnt lose more than we did from their starting rotation and 2 deep. This UT team knows they cant take anyone light plus its the opener. they will be more than ready.

Air Force would have beaten UT the past 5-6 years.

Scout.com - College and High School Football, Basketball, Recruiting, NFL, and MLB Front Page
Aggies will come up with the plays at the end to win at UT. So close against USC, Utah, Wisconsin and Auburn

I don't mean to stargaze, but I'm gonna stargaze. That article says one of Utah State's top newcomers is gonna be this kid named LaJuan Hunt. 2* on Scout. His biggest offers were Tulane, Navy and Air Force. I know Tennessee has been down, but good god, if our "impact newcomer" was a 2* kid with that offer list, I would die. So what I'm saying is that Utah State simply isn't bringing in the talent considering how much they lost from last year.

Vols 35, Aggies 14

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee Aggie here... Anyone that thinks you guys will blow us out of the water is crazy. I'm glad to see the majority of the posters on this sight are realistic in that this will be a tough game for both sides.

Only way this game is decided by more than 4 points either way is of there is an injury to a major player in the game.

We are a good team in a bad conference and you are a bad team in the best conference. Analyze all you want but we have very few similar opponents.

I can't wait!
Tennessee Aggie? I guess it's a notch above being a bama badwagoner.

I can't wait!

I respect the Utah State program for what it has accomplished, but this year will be different. You have lost essentially your entire offense minus a good QB and good RB who will both be seeing their first action after ACL injuries. A guy like Justin Hunter is a perfect example of how guys play after their ACL tear. They are more timid and can't plant as hard as they could. With Chuckie relying so much on running and the other guy being a RB, they will struggle early in the season.

Plus, as I already mentioned above, the talent coming into Utah State isn't exactly top-tier. Yes, Utah State coaches have shown they can develop, but I think the Aggies have lost way too much this year to be competitive against in SEC team in their home stadium.

Reactions: 1 person
Wont even be close. They lost 4 of the 5 starting oline, their 2 top Wrs, their top 2 Rbs, new TE & chuckie will be 10 months off of an ACL tear. Combine that w a Rockin Neyland & I bet they have the jet engines fired up by halftime!

Granted I think we win, be careful talking about losing players because we do as well. From what I gather they are in a similar situation in that the guys they do return, like ours, were not starters, but have some significant play time. This is no NC State if they play up to potential, but I don't think we're 2013 UT anymore either.

Last edited:

WHO has USU beaten that was ranked top 10?

In Butch Jones first year at UT, with a new system, some not great players, we beat a top 10 school last year(South Carolina) and took another one into overtime(Georgia) and lost by the tip of the ball, we are second year in CBJ's system-WE are way better this year- shocked if Vols do not win by 16.

I remember the same hype from nc state fans. That got a little ugly didn't it? that game was also on a nuetral site and with dooley as coach. this game will be close, but Tennessee pulls it out at the end!!

I can't wait!

Because of inexperience, UT would probably struggle more vs USU if a) you weren't replacing so many key contributors and starters and b) UT didn't have such a dominating match up at WR.

UT's top 9 WR's will be some combination of North, Malone, Croom, Howard, Wharton, Pearson, Smith, Bowles, and Jenkins. You cannot make a 3 man combination out of that group that your secondary can cover. If you blitz and play man... it only gets worse. UT has 4 or 5 TE's that can create problems for your back 7. Lane, Hurd, and Young are very good out of the backfield.

Your greatest weakness both in terms of relative talent and experience... is paired against UT's greatest strength. I have consistently predicted UT by 17+ and have even more confidence in that considering the reviews Worley is getting from practice observers.

Last edited:

I can't wait!

This Tennessee team will not be very good and we have been a bad team in the best conference for several years. Inexperience will be all over the field and in key positions. That said, Tennessee is far more talented than USU. CK will make plays and I like the USU linebackers but I can't see this game being in question too far past halftime.

VN Store

Back