Utah State Aggies Huge Game, Establishes Tone for Season

Based on this, Utah State can be worn down. Keeton is impressive, but he loses some luster.

Chuckie Keeton vs Utah (2013) - YouTube

This is only one game, but it's a game they played an equal or superior opponent.

I'm having trouble embedding video. I just have to insert a [youtube ] [/youtube ] around the link, right?

Last edited:
The NC State opener from a few years ago proves that even if we beat USU handily, it doesn't necessarily bode well for the rest of the season.

But if we lose, then yeah...it won't be good.

Heisman trophy truly represents how great you are as the best college player...Signed

Ty Detmer
Gino Torrreta
Charlie Ward
Rashaan Salaam
Danny Wuerffel
Ron Dayne
Chris Weinke
Eric Couch- Classic
Jason White-Really Classic
Troy Smith

Are you saying Danny Wuerffel wasn't the best college player?

The NC State opener from a few years ago proves that even if we beat USU handily, it doesn't necessarily bode well for the rest of the season.

What Nc State proved was that fans need to be rational about who we beat and who we have left on schedule.

Based on this, Utah State can be worn down. Keeton is impressive, but he loses some luster.

Chuckie Keeton vs Utah (2013) - YouTube

This is only one game, but it's a game they played an equal or superior opponent.

I'm having trouble embedding video. I just have to insert a [youtube ] [/youtube ] around the link, right?

now add in the fact that the main RB in that video is coming off the same knee injury and during every USU offensive play theres btw 6-9 guys who are not with them anymore. Entire OL, Both TEs, Top Two receivers, both RBs that replaced the starter. Another 1 to 2 top returning WRs facing discipline. Chuckie and the original starting RB coming off injury

Reactions: 2 people
What Nc State proved was that fans need to be rational about who we beat and who we have left on schedule.

That's true. But that NC State team did end-up having a pretty successful season, if memory serves. I still consider that a good victory for us. It just didn't translate into a good season.

Reactions: 1 person

Of course it won't be good if we loose, but I don't think that Butch is a coach who will ever throw in the towel.

No, the dose of stupidity is still there are as Charles Woodson will possibly go into the NFL HOF.

So his NFL credentials prove that he was better than Peyton in college? Might want to re-think that logic, particularly in light of Peyton's far more impressive NFL credentials.

they did not beat wisconsin. Almost did though

they also have about a dozen wins against the worst teams in FBS and FCS

Air Force
Hawaii
UNLV
New Mexico
Texas State
Weber State
New Mexico State
UT-San Antonio
Idaho
LA Tech
Southern Utah
Wyoming
San Jose State

thats why they have 20 wins the last two years. Lets not blow this up and act like they didnt lose more than we did from their starting rotation and 2 deep. This UT team knows they cant take anyone light plus its the opener. they will be more than ready.
Great post. UT's weakness is inexperience and especially with Fr being needed to round out the two deep. That could have made this game competitive except for one match up where UT should absolutely dominate- UT's WR's vs USU's secondary.

Because I think that is such a lopsided contest... I believe UT wins by 17+. Their only hope is to get to UT's QB and disrupt the passing game... but to do that they have to blitz and give UT single coverage. UT could probably have to get down to their 4th group of WR's before USU could cover all 3 receivers at once.

Reactions: 2 people
I think this game is being hyped up way too much. Just as was Western Kentucky, Montana, NC State and Cincinnati. Sure they are a good team, but no match for our Vols. We win by 3+ scores

I'd also like to add that when we do whoop that azz, it does not mean we're going to go on and whoop everyone else, just like those previous games above. I do believe we'll finish top 2-3 in the east, though

Last edited:
No, the dose of stupidity is still there are as Charles Woodson will possibly go into the NFL HOF.

I was more speaking to the fact that he wasn't as good a college player as Peyton was. But feel free to continue to stir the pot:good!:

Heisman trophy truly represents how great you are as the best college player...Signed

Ty Detmer
Gino Torrreta
Charlie Ward
Rashaan Salaam
Danny Wuerffel
Ron Dayne
Chris Weinke
Eric Couch- Classic
Troy Smith

:lolabove: :lolabove: The Heisman curse, also notable is not one, but two time winner archie griffin. :post-4-1090547912:The Heistman vote of '97 tarnished the award forever(for me anyway). Can't recall last year's winner….doesn't matter anyhow. :no:

I was more speaking to the fact that he wasn't as good a college player as Peyton was. But feel free to continue to stir the pot:good!:

Agree. The voters chose woodson 'cause he made a few plays on offense. :jpshakehead: :crazy:

So his NFL credentials prove that he was better than Peyton in college? Might want to re-think that logic, particularly in light of Peyton's far more impressive NFL credentials.

Where did I say that? Players such as Dy Detmer and Eric Crouch were listed and this guy added "Rod" Woodson to the list. :crazy:

Clearly, he meant Charles Woodson, but Charles Woodson had both a great college and pro career. He doesn't belong on the list of Heisman winners that didn't pan out.

It sucks that Peyton didn't win the Heisman but that's what happens when you have too much hype. The media won't let "foregone conclusions" happen. They must stir the pot.

Ty Detmer
Gino Torrreta
Charlie Ward
Rashaan Salaam
Danny Wuerffel
Ron Dayne
Chris Weinke
Eric Couch- Classic
Troy Smith

Go ahead and add Paul Hornung. Notre Dame finished 2-8 that year and he still got the heisman over Johnny Majors and Jim Brown

Last edited:
Opener is always a huge game especially when you look at our SEC schedule. We need this game hopefully we play well enough to win.

Where did I say that? Players such as Dy Detmer and Eric Crouch were listed and this guy added "Rod" Woodson to the list. :crazy:

Clearly, he meant Charles Woodson, but Charles Woodson had both a great college and pro career. He doesn't belong on the list of Heisman winners that didn't pan out.

It sucks that Peyton didn't win the Heisman but that's what happens when you have too much hype. The media won't let "foregone conclusions" happen. They must stir the pot.

Ah, I think I see the problem. I didn't take it as a list of college players who flopped in the NFL. I took it as a list of players who didn't deserve to be called the best player in cfb in the year in which they won the award. So, if that's how you interpreted it then I can see what you're saying.

And I agree with you about Peyton being a victim of the media's perception that he was over-hyped. I think that played a huge part in the vote.

VN Store

Back