UT ProDay Today

Swain got a tweet from a listener who said he was on a plane on Monday afternoon/evening, was sitting a row ahead of a couple of NFL personnel guys/scouts who were at UTs ProDay....said he overhead then describing Tennessee’s players as “looking like HighSchool 11th graders”.

Hence, in part, 4-8 & 0-8 in the SEC in 2017.

And if you saw the video of our first practice yesterday, you’re probably like me in thinking Fitzgerald has his work cut out for him and will earn every penny of that $600k if he can get this team looking like they belong in the SEC.

Terrell Davis ran 4.7 in the 40.

Speed isn't critical for a RB. Instincts are more important. And John Kelly has elite insticts.

John Kelly will be a STAR in the NFL.

I think average and a backup. He's tiny with little burst. He did well until we played elite last year.

I think average and a backup. He's tiny with little burst. He did well until we played elite last year.

1. 5’9” 209 ain’t tiny
2. He has outstanding burst, just not elite straight ahead speed
3. The elite teams we played last year were elite because they had elite front 7s, which easily penetrated and blew past our porous OL and hit “tiny” John before he had a chance to get going. Several times he broke 1-2 tackles just to lose 2-3 yards.

VN Store

Back