UT ProDay Today

Just heard Jesse Simonton on 104.5 the zone in Nashville. Said an nfl scout told him that Tennessee’s players at the ProDay today “were an underwhelming group”.......so much for D4H’s proclamation that this UT roster was the most talented in the country. Lol.

NFL scouts are wrong in 100% of situations in which they disagree with me. -D4H

Reactions: 2 people
Just heard Jesse Simonton on 104.5 the zone in Nashville. Said an nfl scout told him that Tennessee’s players at the ProDay today “were an underwhelming group”.......so much for D4H’s proclamation that this UT roster was the most talented in the country. Lol.

All you have to do is look at their tapes the Pro day means nothing For marginal players

Good grief Daniel is a beast. 23 reps with 225...gaulden played safety and had 7. 7... I did sets of 5 with 225 in HS, and I weighed 160lbs. Wonder how many DBs, RBs, and Lbs we have that cant match that 23 reps...not lost on me that it won't help a punter, though they do make tackles when coverage breaks down. FWIW, Sebastian janickowski who has the strongest leg in the NFL for a while for the raiders could bench over 400lbs...with 23 reps, Daniel can bench 350 easy

All you have to do is look at their tapes the Pro day means nothing For marginal players

Point is, their collective athletic ability matched their on-field play. On both counts, as the scout told Simonton, “very underwhelming”.

Good grief Daniel is a beast. 23 reps with 225...gaulden played safety and had 7. 7... I did sets of 5 with 225 in HS, and I weighed 160lbs. Wonder how many DBs, RBs, and Lbs we have that cant match that 23 reps...not lost on me that it won't help a punter, though they do make tackles when coverage breaks down. FWIW, Sebastian janickowski who has the strongest leg in the NFL for a while for the raiders could bench over 400lbs...with 23 reps, Daniel can bench 350 easy

And Trevor can also jump out of the gym....saw video of him last year doing a 360 dunk. He’s a freak athlete....not something you expect from your punter. It’s amazing that twice now, Butch Jones’ most athletic player at UT’s ProDay has been a freaking kicker (Palardy and now Daniel).

Evan Berry, Brett Kendrick, Kendal Vickers, Ethan Wolf and Jashon Robertson.

Vickers has a chance to make a roster....Run Stuffer, The rest, uphill climb

Here’s a great time to remind everyone that D4H is on record saying that Coleman Thomas will be the first Center taken in the draft, that Justin Martin is a first rounder and that Ethan Wolf is a Greg Olsen (first round pick) clone. There are several other ridiculous predictions, those are 3 off the top of my head.

Reactions: 4 people
Here’s a great time to remind everyone that D4H is on record saying that Coleman Thomas will be the first Center taken in the draft, that Justin Martin is a first rounder and that Ethan Wolf is a Greg Olsen (first round pick) clone. There are several other ridiculous predictions, those are 3 off the top of my head.

Kendrick was Anthony Munoz

Reactions: 1 person
247 on Kahlil McKenzie:

McKenzie jumps into OL drills

Would it surprise anyone if KM switched to O-line and ended up being one of the best in the NFL within a few years?

Though, in all seriousness, I think KM could end up being one of the steals of the drafts if he goes in the later rounds. He was underrated while he was here. There's a track record of nearly all of our players underperforming under Butch Jones. And KM looks like he's in the best shape of his life now.

So Kelly underperformed at the combine, and stunk it up at the pro day. Smart decision to leave early on his part. Kid will be lucky to be a 3rd stringer it sounds like.

Kendrick was Anthony Munoz

Munoz was a fantastically talented college OLinemen (consensus 1st team All-American as a senior in ‘04) who had unfortunate injuries that derailed his career. Kendrick was no Michael Munoz. Pardon me if I’ve missed the sarcasm.

So Kelly underperformed at the combine, and stunk it up at the pro day. Smart decision to leave early on his part. Kid will be lucky to be a 3rd stringer it sounds like.

All that matters for a RB is making it to that second contract. As long as he gets his shot, he'll be a star in the NFL. His draft position is irrelevant.

Early in the process guys flash. But as I get more film on them my analysis becomes more precise.

The only ranking that matters is the one before the draft. And as of right now, none of those 3 players are in my first round.

So try again buddy.

Oh yes, back and fill, back and fill. Your great, fantastical prognostications gone bad.....and changed at the last minute. You just keep doing you champ.

I think I’ll wait to rattle off a list longer than a hoe handle of all your “predictions gone wrong” about all the All-Americans and 1st round/early round draft picks you said we’d have off the 2017 National Championship team until after the draft next month....would hate for the list to be incomplete. Keep watching that “film” kid. Lol.

Reactions: 3 people
Same guy probably thought Tom Brady and Antonio Brown were underwhelming considering they fell to the 6th round.

NFL scouts don't know anything. I'm much better than them. I'm telling you right now this draft class will be a lot better than their draft position.

John Kelly is an elite NFL RB. Rashaan Gaulden is an elite nickel corner. Evan Berry is an elite kick returner. Ethan Wolf, Kahlil McKenzie, and Trevor Daniel should be solid NFL starters. Kendal Vickers has a chance to be a solid NFL player. Justin Martin and Emmanuel Moseley can be reserve NFL defensive backs with spot starter talent.

That's 9 players with solid NFL prospects. That scout as is normal knows nothing. They are typically fools.

Kelly has a good chance to be a good nfl running back....same for Gaulden as a nickel or safety. Is Evan the same after all the injuries? Ethan Wolf will never play a down in the nfl, KMac may stick as a backup DL or OL, will most likely spend more, much more time on someone’s practice squad. Daniel will surely be someone’s outstanding punter, we agree there. Vickers is a long shot, Moseley and Martin are the longest of long shots, but anything is possible after seeing Justin Coleman have success with the Pats and Seahawks. Wouldn’t bet the allowance your parents give you on it though.

All that said, the Scout was 100% right today at UTs ProDay....no one was particularly physically impressive besides Gaulden in his backpedal drills and Trevor Daniel on the bench. Empirically speaking, which is what the Scout was referencing, the UT group was definitely underwhelming.

By the way, how did Coleman Thomas, your projected #1 center taken in the 2018 draft do today? Lol.

Kelly has a good chance to be a good nfl running back....same for Gaulden as a nickel or safety. Is Evan the same after all the injuries? Ethan Wolf will never play a down in the nfl, KMac may stick as a backup DL or OL, will most likely spend more, much more time on someone’s practice squad. Daniel will surely be someone’s outstanding punter, we agree there. Vickers is a long shot, Moseley and Martin are the longest of long shots, but anything is possible after seeing Justin Coleman have success with the Pats and Seahawks. Wouldn’t bet the allowance your parents give you on it though.

All that said, the Scout was 100% right today at UTs ProDay....no one was particularly physically impressive besides Gaulden in his backpedal drills and Trevor Daniel on the bench. Empirically speaking, which is what the Scout was referencing, the UT group was definitely underwhelming.

By the way, how did Coleman Thomas, your projected #1 center taken in the 2018 draft do today? Lol.

Who cares about pro day? Tape matters most. All pro day is good for is finding diamonds in the rough. Guys you're not aware of that test well athletically and then force you to go and watch their tape.

That is what Dylan Cole (Texans LB) did last year. I never heard of him since he's a D2 kid. He tests like a freak athlete at his pro day. I watch his tape on YouTube and I'm blown away. I said he had Zach Thomas potential and should be drafted. He goes undrafted and I called him a steal. Then as a rookie he play significant snaps for the Texans as an undrafted rookie and even flashed on Sunday Night Football.

Anyone that knocks a player they liked on tape based on a Pro Day is simply bad at their job. There is nothing John Kelly and Rashaan Gaulden could do at the combine or pro day that would make me thing any less of them given their incredible film when football was actually being played.

Hope Fingers does the practice threads always so good to see the links of videos and interviews and excerpts or quotes. Fingers you’re always do great work. Practice one tomorrow let’s go!!!!

Terrell Davis ran 4.7 in the 40.

Speed isn't critical for a RB. Instincts are more important. And John Kelly has elite insticts.

John Kelly will be a STAR in the NFL.

No.
He's to dependent on hungry running.
Doesn't set up blocks well. His vision isn't that great.
Hands are suspects as well.

He's no Kamara.

" Kelly said many teams have asked him “character questions,” specifically citing his arrest from the fall."

Here's a valuable tip for college players.

Who cares about pro day? Tape matters most. All pro day is good for is finding diamonds in the rough. Guys you're not aware of that test well athletically and then force you to go and watch their tape.

That is what Dylan Cole (Texans LB) did last year. I never heard of him since he's a D2 kid. He tests like a freak athlete at his pro day. I watch his tape on YouTube and I'm blown away. I said he had Zach Thomas potential and should be drafted. He goes undrafted and I called him a steal. Then as a rookie he play significant snaps for the Texans as an undrafted rookie and even flashed on Sunday Night Football.

Anyone that knocks a player they liked on tape based on a Pro Day is simply bad at their job. There is nothing John Kelly and Rashaan Gaulden could do at the combine or pro day that would make me thing any less of them given their incredible film when football was actually being played.

Only tape matters eh? How many times have we had to endure one of your posts on here discussing someome’s draft positioning where you said “if he runs a the great 40 that I’m expecting him to run at the combine/his pro day, I think he’ll be picked even higher”?? Answer....about a million. You said it last so many freaking times last year alone.....Kamara and Malone are just two examples? Would you like me to go back and find the exact quotes??

247 on Kahlil McKenzie:

McKenzie jumps into OL drills

Would it surprise anyone if KM switched to O-line and ended up being one of the best in the NFL within a few years?

Though, in all seriousness, I think KM could end up being one of the steals of the drafts if he goes in the later rounds. He was underrated while he was here. There's a track record of nearly all of our players underperforming under Butch Jones. And KM looks like he's in the best shape of his life now.

Well if he doesn't think enough of UT to get "in the best shape of his life" before now... NOT a VFL.

Well if he doesn't think enough of UT to get "in the best shape of his life" before now... NOT a VFL.

He could have been in the best shape of his life (at the time) when he was playing at UT. He may just be in better shape now. I don't think it would be unexpected for a senior to be in better shape than a freshman, do you?

VN Store

Back