UT FOOT(ball) in mouth . . . TAKE 2

It's being taken out of context. It's clearly about the COACHES @ UT. Not the school. It didn't say UT put 90 players in the NFL. Wish I had Twitter for these wackos sometimes.

This all day. Fields and all the other yahoos on Twitter claiming this is about the school or the player is just flat wrong. I question if they can even read and comprehend what they are looking at. The picture even has coaches name on each player.

This is a huge nothing. And quite frankly, wtf cares what anybody else thinks. We are UT, and Pruitt is our coach. Other school fans and media can walk off a cliff for all I care.

I thought he was still taking roll call from the O&W game ?? :)

:lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove::lolabove:

giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
I would point out how stupid this is but ill save the 1200 ranting post defending stupidity.

Maybe tomorrow he can post the 5 national championship rings from other schools and talk about being a 5 time nc winning coach.

You know what dude, you’re right.

Pruitt, who’s been a part of 5 national title teams should never, ever bring that up to a recruit when trying to sell himself, his experience and his vision on why that recruit should come play for him.

He and the coaches on his staff, should never, ever talk about the players who they’ve coached who went on to wild college and professional success as a reason to come to Tennessee and play, where they, TOO, can be coached and mentored by coaches who have recruited, developed and won at the highest level with some of the greatest college players of the last 12-15 years.

He should clearly ONLY say, “this is UT....we ain’t won ish since before you were born, but we got a nice weight room and a big stadium and you can play early cause we ain’t got no players on this team”...... and if that don’t work, why, we didn’t want those kids anyway....just let em go ahead on to Alabama and Georgia, we dont need em.

Reactions: 7 people

Pruitt, who’s been a part of 5 national title teams should never, ever bring that up to a recruit when trying to sell himself, his experience and his vision on why that recruit should come play for him.

He and the coaches on his staff, should never, ever talk about the players who they’ve coached who went on to wild college and professional success as a reason to come to Tennessee and play, where they, TOO, can be coached and mentored by coaches who have recruited, developed and won at the highest level with some of the greatest college players of the last 12-15 years.

He should clearly ONLY say, “this is UT....we ain’t won ish since before you were born, but we got a nice weight room and a big stadium and you can play early cause we ain’t got no players on this team”...... and if that don’t work, why, we didn’t want those kids anyway....just let em go ahead on to Alabama and Georgia, we dont need em.

I'm reminded of one of my favorite songs by the Eagles.

Wasted Time.

Reactions: 1 person
I didn't click the link. Is it basically "somebody on twitter said something dumb so WE HAVE TO TALK ABOUT IT" ?

You can only sell what you've got to sell! Right now, the collective success of the staff is the Key selling point.

On paper this staff is very impressive. If the kids aren't too familiar with them their Dads, Uncles, etc. sure will remember them.

Reactions: 2 people

So there is no middle ground between a coach setting in a living room and selling his accomplishments to a kid and plastering players from other schools on social media in an effort to bring attention to Tennessee?

You’re kidding right? People are upset by coaches selling the one thing they have at the moment, which is big time who they’ve coached in college and sent to the nfl.

There’s zero they can sell about anything that’s happened at Ut the last freaking decade....they’re a new staff trying to get the interest of top high school prospects....they’d be beyond stupid to NOT be doing this.
The point is that Saban alone has more players in the NFL than our coaching staff collectively. Furthermore, Alabama used this exact strategy (making a poster showing how many players came through him who are now in the NFL) 5 years ago, hence the light-hearted reference to plagiarism.

Here's how it plays out in real life:

Saban: "Well son, we're glad you visited and we think you can really contribute to our program. Do you have any questions for me?"

Alabama recruit: "Yes, I do have one question. Why should I come here when Tennessee's coaching staff has already put 90 players in the NFL?"

Saban: crickets

Alabama recruit: "Sir . . . ?"

Saban: "Run along now. Don't call us, we'll call you."

It was a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford...

Getting back to Behr and KB both breaking up with KB's girlfriend, that one says she's a friend of mine, though she comes from the cheatin' side of town. The others want to own me or stone me.

Haha, this whole conversation is making me laugh so hard my belly hurts.

Butchna is probably sitting back at his computer, drinking a mint julep or some jager, saying "what the f....?"

VN Store

Back