UT FOOT(ball) in mouth . . . TAKE 2

I would point out how stupid this is but ill save the 1200 ranting post defending stupidity.

Maybe tomorrow he can post the 5 national championship rings from other schools and talk about being a 5 time nc winning coach.

Pruitt is selling himself to recruits, that’s all. It’s not like Tennessee as a program has a lot to offer right now.

Reactions: 1 person
Pruitt is selling himself to recruits, that’s all. It’s not like Tennessee as a program has a lot to offer right now.

Highlighting other schools is always good. I remember when it was stupid when Kiffen did it and now all the sudden its a good idea.

It's being taken out of context. It's clearly about the COACHES @ UT. Not the school. It didn't say UT put 90 players in the NFL. Wish I had Twitter for these wackos sometimes.

Its not being taken out of context, its just dumb.

Funny all the folks i see on here always talking about recruiting. Last week folks were saying recrutis were not gonna come here because 100k didn't show up to a practice. But Tennessee getting bashed on social media for its continued stupidity is surely going to help lure in recruits.

Here is a noble idea, highlight vols in the nfl.

Reactions: 2 people

Funny all the folks i see on here always talking about recruiting. Last week folks were saying recrutis were not gonna come here because 100k didn't show up to a practice. But Tennessee getting bashed on social media for its continued stupidity is surely going to help lure in recruits.

The question is who should we highlight then? Kids know who Alvin Kamara is they know who Derrick Barnette is and they might know EB.

Last edited:
Highlighting other schools is always good. I remember when it was stupid when Kiffen did it and now all the sudden its a good idea.

You’re only seeing this as a fan, and not as a recruit. Recruits rarely commit to schools, they commit to coaches who can develop them. That’s why so many transfer after a coaching change.

Reactions: 4 people

We have. And it is blown way out of context. You and everyone else is making it about the school producing the talent. The damn thing is about our coaches helping develop that talent. A true coaching staff is what's been lacking in Knoxville for a decade, or have you been under a rock? It's like a resume. That's like Saban coming here and having one showing his national titles and you saying, "Show ours from 98"

We dang well better win the NC (this year) or this will go down in history as this biggest gaf ever.

Why? UT didn't create that for the approval of rival fans. It's for recruits, and it is the type of message that should resonate very positively with recruits. They know the staff didn't coach those kids while at UT, but that is irrelevant. They still know the staff coached those players and now that staff is at UT. I have zero idea why Vol fans are disturbed by rivals fan's reactions. We were the butt of some well-deserved ridicule during Currie's joke of a coaching search, and that really was embarrassing. But this? This is a positive for UT, IMO.

Recruits rarely commit to schools, they commit to coaches who can develop them. That’s why so many transfer after a coaching change.

I don't disagree, but I don't understand why its often said that coaches like, Dan Mullen for instance, did such a good job at MSU, just imagine how well he could do at a school where he could recruit better.

I don't disagree, but I don't understand why its often said that coaches like, Dan Mullen for instance, did such a good job at MSU, just imagine how well he could do at a school where he could recruit better.

Crazy ain't it lol

We have. And it is blown way out of context. You and everyone else is making it about the school producing the talent. The damn thing is about our coaches helping develop that talent. A true coaching staff is what's been lacking in Knoxville for a decade, or have you been under a rock? It's like a resume. That's like Saban coming here and having one showing his national titles and you saying, "Show ours from 98"

Cool, you should go tell the entire sports world to stop making fun at it since its actaully a really good idea.

You should also tell cjp and a large segment of our fanbase that recruiting is all about the coaches since last week it was all about fans showing up to a practice.

...tell cjp and a large segment of our fanbase that recruiting is all about the coaches since last week it was all about fans showing up to a practice.

Man, take the word "all" out of your statement everywhere you find it, and it will make a lot more sense to you.

Things are rarely "all" about any one thing. Things are usually nuanced, multi-variable, complicated. To pretend that the person you're railing against painted something as "all" about just a single variable is to play checkers when they're playing chess. You gotta raise your game.

Last edited:
Cool, you should go tell the entire sports world to stop making fun at it since its actaully a really good idea.

You should also tell cjp and a large segment of our fanbase that recruiting is all about the coaches since last week it was all about fans showing up to a practice.

1. A packed Neyland would speak volumes to recruits. 2. Recruits are going to do what they want do. Pruitt is just saying, hey, if you'll just come here, we can help take you to the next level. 3. Who cares what rivals think? We are a joke after last season. Ain't no hiding that. In the end, it only matters on the field of the current season

Shut down the Program and Fire Pruitt!!

picture.php

Last edited:

We're not even talking about a game, we're talking about practice.

Man, take the word "all" out of your statement everywhere you find it, and it will make a lot more sense to you.

Things are rarely "all" about any one thing. Things are usually nuanced, multi-variable, complicated. To pretend that the person you're railing against painted something as "all" about just a single variable is to play checkers when they're playing chess. You gotta raise your game.

Yeah, im aware it all plays a role. I was playing off the fans spring practice thread. So yeah, it all plays a role, just like our school constantly being mocked on social media and our staff providing the ammo.

1. A packed Neyland would speak volumes to recruits. 2. Recruits are going to do what they want do. Pruitt is just saying, hey, if you'll just come here, we can help take you to the next level. 3. Who cares what rivals think? We are a joke after last season. Ain't no hiding that. In the end, it only matters on the field of the current season

I agree its whats on the field. Which is why in this case, id just shut up. Tennessee has plenty to lure recruites. Nice facilities, great fan support, nice stadium, nice campus, etc. Just shut up, win games and people will want to play for you.

No doubt Pruitt or whoever is coach has a tough job at UT. The program has been a laughing stock ever since Fulmer couldn't go to Alabama without getting a subpoena 10 plus years ago. The media loves an easy target and UT is the gift that keeps on giving in that regard. Easy pickings for a lazy industry.

First the fans got called out for not coming to practice. Now this?

Twitter burns Vols football's promotion of coaching staff's NFL pedigree

You’re kidding right? People are upset by coaches selling the one thing they have at the moment, which is big time who they’ve coached in college and sent to the nfl.

There’s zero they can sell about anything that’s happened at Ut the last freaking decade....they’re a new staff trying to get the interest of top high school prospects....they’d be beyond stupid to NOT be doing this.

1. Doubt this was Jeremy's idea. He's a little busy coaching.

2. Doesn't really bother me. The UGa and Bama folks protesting it look pretty much as silly as the person in our AD office who came up with the idea. It's all just 'meh'.

I thought he was still taking roll call from the O&W game ?? :)

VN Store

Back