UT and Kentucky to ACC in 2012/Don't Laugh!!

There is no way in the seven levels of hades that something like this happens. Ever.

I've never seen a worse thread than this. Tennessee is a staple of SEC footbal. We will always be in the SEC.

That would mean that Tennessee would be lose over $11.5 million a year in TV contracts revenue. That's not going to happen.

I am also not sure that Arkansas is a sure thing for the Big 12, mostly because Arkansas would lose $10.5 million a year in television revenue. That's about 15% of their athletic department revenue, and not exactly chump change to them.

Missouri is so quick to jump ship because they would get $13.5 million more a year in television revenue.

Last edited:
It looks like Missouri will, in the next year or so, be invited and agree to join the Big 10. This leaves an opening for Arkansas to rejoin the Big 12, which they have been wanting to do for years. This leaves the SEC with only eleven members and unable to have the very profitable SEC Championship game.

After the next football season, which will regretably be a losing one for Tennessee, the University will have two choices: 1) Stay in a conference where several schools (most notably Auburn, Alabama and LSU) are buying top recruits right and left, and be mediocre for years or 2) take their stellar basketball program to the ACC, which geographically makes more sense. I have no doubt that the Atlantic Coast Conference would welcome them with open arms, especially if UK also joined.

The above post is a pile of "lane kiffen".

Miami will NEVER be Miami again, much less Bama... especially if they stick with Randy Shannon. And, as long as they're only willing to cough up $1-2 million for a coach (which has been the case for the last few years), they'll be stuck with him. If you've paid any attention to their recruiting class, you know they aren't poised to accomplish anything.

VT isn't about to be Florida North, either. They've pretty much plateaued. They're always competitive in the ACC, and stay around the top; but when it comes to competing at the higher levels, against programs from far superior conferences like the SEC, they just don't have the horses. And, if you've followed their recruiting over the years, you can see why. They're kind of stuck where they are; a top ACC team still only equals a middle of the road or also-ran nationally.

As for GT, they were already in the SEC, and left for the ACC, where they could be more competitive.

UT could go into the ACC right now, with the talent they already have, and be a top contender for the ACC Championship. But, that's the point... who cares about a championship from the worst conference in college football?

theys said that about miami when probation hit them...just saying..wait till nsd to judge a class..

This is how I see it.

One of the things in life you shoot for is improvement, to better your situation. If you trade, the idea is to trade up, not down.

And since UT is in the premier conference, the SEC, how can you trade up from there?

It looks like Missouri will, in the next year or so, be invited and agree to join the Big 10. This leaves an opening for Arkansas to rejoin the Big 12, which they have been wanting to do for years. This leaves the SEC with only eleven members and unable to have the very profitable SEC Championship game.

After the next football season, which will regretably be a losing one for Tennessee, the University will have two choices: 1) Stay in a conference where several schools (most notably Auburn, Alabama and LSU) are buying top recruits right and left, and be mediocre for years or 2) take their stellar basketball program to the ACC, which geographically makes more sense. I have no doubt that the Atlantic Coast Conference would welcome them with open arms, especially if UK also joined.
HaHaHaHaHa. Haaaaaaaaa.

first of all if Missouri does go to the Big 11, the Big 12 will move Oklahoma State to the Big 12 north and TCU will join the south....

since i'm still a new guy on here with not enough post just wanted to share since everyone seems to be reading this post i was at the west town mall today and seen nick stephens and daniel lincoln hang out together hope lincolns luck doesn't rub off on stephens

since i'm still a new guy on here with not enough post just wanted to share since everyone seems to be reading this post i was at the west town mall today and seen nick stephens and daniel lincoln hang out together hope lincolns luck doesn't rub off on stephens

hey we always got tyler bray,simms and lamaison(sp?) good god...i hate trying to spell that name

Miami will NEVER be Miami again, much less Bama... especially if they stick with Randy Shannon. And, as long as they're only willing to cough up $1-2 million for a coach (which has been the case for the last few years), they'll be stuck with him. If you've paid any attention to their recruiting class, you know they aren't poised to accomplish anything.

VT isn't about to be Florida North, either. They've pretty much plateaued. They're always competitive in the ACC, and stay around the top; but when it comes to competing at the higher levels, against programs from far superior conferences like the SEC, they just don't have the horses. And, if you've followed their recruiting over the years, you can see why. They're kind of stuck where they are; a top ACC team still only equals a middle of the road or also-ran nationally.

As for GT, they were already in the SEC, and left for the ACC, where they could be more competitive.

UT could go into the ACC right now, with the talent they already have, and be a top contender for the ACC Championship. But, that's the point... who cares about a championship from the worst conference in college football?
Miami will be Miami again. Miami is the only team I have ever seen that wins a national championship, falls into total obscurity, comes back and wins a national championship, then falls back into obscurity again. It's like some kind of weird cycle with them. They are either on the top of the mountain or in the lowest valley (never long in between those 2 extremes). Never ever ever count Miami out, its a mistake.

:crazy:

Good grief... This makes no logical sense. Where have you been. The SEC has signed a 15 year TV deal worth major $$$$. Not gonna happen.

VN Store

Back