US air strike in Syria kills nearly 60 civilians 'mistaken for Isil fighters'

That's because there are safe places here. Like I said, they got nothing to lose. They won't pause to hide the wife and kids. They'll just keep coming.

Because they don't give a **** about their wives or kids. If they don't GAF why should I?

Reactions: 1 person
ISIS kills regular citizens all the time, usually after torturing them. Anyone joining ISIS "because" of an air strike like this was going to join them sooner or later anyway.

Doesn't necessarily mean they join isis. Any group with violent anti American sentiments would have new ears to spread their message to. To pretend like any of us would feel differently in their shoes is delusional.

That's because there are safe places here. Like I said, they got nothing to lose. They won't pause to hide the wife and kids. They'll just keep coming.

That should tell you something about them when they forsake their families well being to fight the infidel.

Forget about compassion and right and wrong and think practically...do you not understand this is the best recruiting tool possible for ISIS?

Whatever you say. I say no, more than likely if these civilians were captured and tortured if they didn't join ISIS, they would die anyway. Most likely killed some that would join anyway. It is what it is, collateral damage sucks sometimes.

Why are you so upset about this? Hell, I don't hear you whining about illegals coming in here and killing, raping regular citizens.

If we concentrated our efforts on arming the legitimate government of Syria, instead of arming rebels to overthrow him, this would've been over years ago...

Reactions: 2 people
Doesn't necessarily mean they join isis. Any group with violent anti American sentiments would have new ears to spread their message to. To pretend like any of us would feel differently in their shoes is delusional.

Thats true. But that probably applies to both sides of the idea.

If Canada invaded us and was slaughtering civilians and Mexico came to help and accidentally killed 60 people I don't think we'd form rebel bands to go attack Mexico.

:clapping: for making an actual argument for once

bump

Damn brah, tough crowd brah.

It doesn't matter if it's ISIS, Abu Sayyaf or any other terror group. They're all the same. They're all a threat. Those that want to join are going to join regardless.

Not to mention appeasing and making nice with Islamic terrorists is the last thing we need to think about doing.

If we concentrated our efforts on arming the legitimate government of Syria, instead of arming rebels to overthrow him, this would've been over years ago...

Wouldn't have had to arm him just not try to tie his hands.

Whatever you say. I say no, more than likely if these civilians were captured and tortured if they didn't join ISIS, they would die anyway. Most likely killed some that would join anyway. It is what it is, collateral damage sucks sometimes.

Why are you so upset about this? Hell, I don't hear you whining about illegals coming in here and killing, raping regular citizens.

It's not what I say. It's what the CIA says. It's called blowback.

Damn brah, tough crowd brah.

It doesn't matter if it's ISIS, Abu Sayyaf or any other terror group. They're all the same. They're all a threat. Those that want to join are going to join regardless.

Not to mention appeasing and making nice with Islamic terrorists is the last thing we need to think about doing.

I disagree with your argument that a man who just had his family killed by a US bomb was always going to join a violent anti American group no matter what, even if his family hadn't been killed. I'm not sure how you could reach that conclusion with any degree of certainty. Seems like you're just making excuses (to steal a term from hog) to justify the killing of 60 innocents.

I disagree with your argument that a man who just had his family killed by a US bomb was always going to join a violent anti American group no matter what, even if his family hadn't been killed. I'm not sure how you could reach that conclusion with any degree of certainty. Seems like you're just making excuses (to steal a term from hog) to justify the killing of 60 innocents.

Not sure how you can reach any conclusion either.

No justification, but the number of people joining from an air strike like this, based solely on this air strike is very minimal, if at all.

This is what Lincoln said to Tennessee before we seceded. Then 650,000 Americans died.

I don't think it's practical or right.

There's a difference between what Lincoln was attempting to do and what ISIS is currently practicing.

The primary goal on defeating terrorism is not on how many terrorist you can kill, but on how you can prevent more Muslims from becoming radicalized.

Reactions: 2 people
...omg...please...stop...no....

either take up arms against isis or meet the same fate.

Not much of a choice you're giving people here. Get their heads chopped off for going after the local mafia or get blown up by the US for being in the same country as them..?

Some of you guys have a serious problem with being able to see something from another's perspective. It's easy to say fight isis with your family safely across the Atlantic. I think we all agree that these countries need to do a better job fighting these groups as a whole, but judging an individual for trying to do what he or she thinks is best for their family in this case from your cozy perspective is awfully haughty. Especially considering the "fight them or die with them" line seems to imply that they deserve to be treated no differently than the actual terrorists, which is unreasonable.

VN Store

Back