US air strike in Syria kills nearly 60 civilians 'mistaken for Isil fighters'

Yep.

If some country bombed your family to a billion pieces on accident, no one here would have the "It's war, casualties happen" mindset. They'd take up arms.

I wouldn't deliberately walk up and swat a grizzly on the ass and would get away from someone who would.

Not the way to get Muslims on our side in the region. Very sad.

As opposed to ISIS' methods, which are to murder the men, rape the women, and force the sons into suicide bombings.

But yes, we are the greater enemy.

ISIS has murdered tens of thousands of people, 60 accidental deaths is a drop in the bucket compared to the intentional mass slaughter of civilians.

Reactions: 4 people
As opposed to ISIS' methods, which are to murder the men, rape the women, and force the sons into suicide bombings.

But yes, we are the greater enemy.

ISIS has murdered tens of thousands of people, 60 accidental deaths is a drop in the bucket compared to the intentional mass slaughter of civilians.

I didn't say they have a good reason to like isis, or that we are the greater evil. We're just giving them good reasons to hate us too.

"If they don't want to get killed by a foreign country, they should leave their homes, even though they did nothing wrong. No excuses."

Such logic, hog.

I understand the point. Take your family out of a bad neighborhood if you want to keep them safe. Well, sometimes the whole country is a bad neighborhood and you can't bring everyone, so you stay. To call that an excuse and shifting the blame for their deaths is ridiculous.

Reactions: 2 people
Again, I ask YOU, the one bringing up collateral damage (which is a facet of WAR), what country is the United States at war with?

You do know that the term is used outside of a declared state of war or is this one of those "light bulb" moments?

Reactions: 1 person
"If they don't want to get killed by a foreign country, they should leave their homes, even though they did nothing wrong. No excuses."

Such logic, hog.

I understand the point. Take your family out of a bad neighborhood if you want to keep them safe. Well, sometimes the whole country is a bad neighborhood and you can't bring everyone, so you stay. To call that an excuse and shifting the blame for their deaths is ridiculous.

You do what you have to do to keep your family safe.

Do I feel bad for those "innocents" killed? Sure but I'm not loosing any sleep over it.

Yet they ignore it.

They don't think like you do and that's why this approach to terrorism will never eliminate it. They aren't afraid because they have little to lose. Just because you'd throw in the towel doesn't mean they will.

Our foreign policy should reflect that reality.

Forget about compassion and right and wrong and think practically...do you not understand this is the best recruiting tool possible for ISIS?

considering ISIS' own record against civilian populations, I'm not sure they can use this as a recruiting tool.

Reactions: 2 people
So what is a greater recruiting tool, a mistaken bombing with mass casualties or GITMO?

They don't think like you do and that's why this approach to terrorism will never eliminate it. They aren't afraid because they have little to lose. Just because you'd throw in the towel doesn't mean they will.

Our foreign policy should reflect that reality.

I wouldn't throw in the towel, I would get my family to a safe place then resume my fight.

considering ISIS' own record against civilian populations, I'm not sure they can use this as a recruiting tool.

Yeah I don't see how that plays. Lets join the group oppressing and killing our people to fight against the people that killed some of our people trying to kill that group.

Forget about compassion and right and wrong and think practically...do you not understand this is the best recruiting tool possible for ISIS?

ISIS kills regular citizens all the time, usually after torturing them. Anyone joining ISIS "because" of an air strike like this was going to join them sooner or later anyway.

They have, and will continue to kill more civilians over there than we ever will.

Yeah I don't see how that plays. Lets join the group oppressing and killing our people to fight against the people that killed some of our people trying to kill that group.

Man that's logic, no place for it around here.

I wouldn't throw in the towel, I would get my family to a safe place then resume my fight.

That's because there are safe places here. Like I said, they got nothing to lose. They won't pause to hide the wife and kids. They'll just keep coming.

If 1% of Iraq would rise up against ISIS they would absolutely crush them. I can't understand the mentality of simply running away or taking whatever punishment your conquerors hand out. They seem to have no real will to fight. It's not like ISIS has fighter jets or battalions of tanks. It's mostly small arms and some crew served weapons. In other words stuff easily obtainable for the average man to arm himself equally.

VN Store

Back