US air strike in Syria kills nearly 60 civilians 'mistaken for Isil fighters'

It depends. If we're operating under the current paradigm, you would have to secure the borders. It starts there, then you mind your own business. It's awfully funny that the Swiss hasn't been attacked in a really, really long time. Oh yeah, they mind their own business.

must be nice for a landlocked country of 30 million surrounded by mountains. see the difference? they also have incredibly strict immigration policies, a very active internal military force (everyone is a part of it) and they want to stay the same.

not apples to apples.

and even with that it took them several hundred years to achieve isolationism.

Let's remember the words of the founding lawyers "commerce and trade with all, entangling alliances with none."

There would be a lot more Americans alive had we followed that advice.

Eventually that "commerce and trade with all" policy will bite the US in the a**. That will tend to infuriate some nations, leading them to cease with any trade agreements, which can escalate tensions from there.

Very good recruiting tool for Isis though. Wash, rinse, repeat....

My Grandfather was a WW2 vet. I remember when those Sally Struthers "Feed the Children" commercials would come on, my Grandfather would say "I'm not sending money over there to fatten them up just so they can come over here and kill us."

There's actually an end game there, but it requires the use of Thermonuclear weapons.

True... but is that an outcome anyone wants? Unlike 1945, we aren't the only kid on the block with a big stick now... I believe the term "mutually assured destruction" applies now?

must be nice for a landlocked country of 30 million surrounded by mountains. see the difference? they also have incredibly strict immigration policies, a very active internal military force (everyone is a part of it) and they want to stay the same.

not apples to apples.

and even with that it took them several hundred years to achieve isolationism.

I don't understand why people assume you're an isolationist just because you favor a non-interventionist foreign-policy.

Reactions: 1 person
Eventually that "commerce and trade with all" policy will bite the US in the a**. That will tend to infuriate some nations, leading them to cease with any trade agreements, which can escalate tensions from there.

Maybe, maybe not.

Let's look at the logic.

The US gov is involved in a "war on terror" against an enemy that has no face, no country of allegiance, and is determined to kill us all.

Meanwhile, the borders are wide open and we're letting undocumented people flood in from the very area where we are supposedly at war.

Nah, nothing wrong there.

And Europe is following this program as well. Surpassing it actually..

well, Switzerland, your example is THE example of isolationism.

Well, we could stand to learn a thing or two from the Swiss in regards to foreign-policy. Do I want us to be just like the Swiss? No. Although I think they do get a lot of things right.

OK. An become Isolationist's? If we were to pack up, load up the C-5's and 141's and bring everyone home, the ME will become hell on earth. That hell will expand to other regions quickly.

Fight them over there or fight them here?

141's?

Ooh, showing your age....

Reactions: 2 people
For something like this, an apology should be given. Perhaps even some kind of restitution. For Hiroshima and Nagasaki, no apology should ever be given.

My understanding of the nature of warfare is that once this precedent is established, the enemy will set up command ops around high density civilian populations. Restitution will be confiscated by the enemy to expand personnel, weapons, etc.

VN Store

Back