UPDATE: Urban Meyer's resignation is now a leave of absence

Tony Barnhart goes to church with me here in Atlanta and he told me that he expects bob stoops to take the job. His sunday article said basically that's were foley would start.

2009 season took its toll on Meyer | Mr. College Football

Stoops is a good coach, and could save the situation at UF.

We *ARE* showing class. I pray for Coach Meyer's health and family and I hope we are able to beat the gators a$$ every single game.

Too bad that we couldn't beat Tebow and Meyer, now we'll have to settle for beating brantley and Addazio... doesn't have the same ring does it??? :(

brian

Not quite up to snuff on the current situation are we there MR Barnhart.

I think this is better than him just stepping down. He may be gone a year or two. you think that is what a recruit wants to hear. Come play for UF no idea who your coach will be frome year to year but maby Cum will be back at some point. The coaches will eat this up.

THE KIFFIN EFFECT. He is in his head and maybe the final staw for the stress out. With recruiting and coming to Knoxville next season. Maybe he is waiting on the second coming of TEBLOW. I know I would be pissed if my coach quit on me in the middle of my career.

If his job is causing so much stress, I'm sure sitting back and watching someone else try to do it is gonna be a lot better. :unsure:

Wierd situation.

Not sure gators like Addazio taking the reigns, especially with Strong leaving the same year.

Well, Im not sure I would.

If his job is causing so much stress, I'm sure sitting back and watching someone else try to do it is gonna be a lot better. :unsure:

with the pending mass exodus from the jr's to the NFL and atleast a 3 or 4 loss season next yr he can come back and save the day while Addazio takes the heat for next yr:question:

I wonder how he will feel when he gets back and Addazio has run the program in the ground. Also, he is kinda bailing on his players. I know it's his health but look at Poe Paterno. That guy has been through a ton and is still coaching. It would be weird to be a player in this situation. You got to wonder how they feel.

So this whole thing is just typical narcissistic drama-queen BS after all. Shocking.

Either walk away or don't. This is like a 14 year old girl taking a bunch of pills to let everybody know how sad she is.

So this whole thing is just typical narcissistic drama-queen BS after all. Shocking.
As much as I'm inclined to give the guy the benefit of the doubt due to health concerns, it is a little hard to believe that Meyer and Foley didn't get together and think this through a little better and avoid this becoming a soap opera.

I didn't think this could get any better yesterday, but it does..... as Beatle Juice would says "and it just keeps getting better and better, everytime I watch it"

How is this better? He's coming back... That defeats the whole purpose of him leaving. Please tell me, seriously.

CUM sees the Lane Train and others coming after him. He loses Tebow and the SEC championship. He sees a temporary downturn in the program and wants someone else to take the blame. He can then come back on his white horse and save the program.

^^This^^^

I wouldn't put it past him.... this has been my nagging suspicion since I heard about this mess. Don't know the man, but I am skeptical of this sudden change in his world view. Admittedly, he's been dealing with this for a long while and doing just okay. I have to say that I find it a little suspicious....

That being said, if he's really got health issues then he's got plenty of cash to take the rest of his life "off" and enjoy it. Maybe do some broadcasting...heck he can't be any worse than Fulmer...

If CUM returns I hope it's the year he brings a bedraggled team into Neyland and gets the worse beat down of his life thus definitely sending him into retirement. GBO!!!

VN Store

Back