UPDATE: Urban Meyer's resignation is now a leave of absence

I am still not clear on what exactly is wrong with Meyer. Is it stressing his heart? If so, he could probably get stress management training in the off-season and not miss coaching a game. If it is more serious than that, I don't know if it would be wise to come back.

tgis makes a lot more sense than a total resignation. However, why would he not just do this in the first place? My net is that some boosters threatened foley's life for letting him walk. this should save this year's class for uf and buy time for a more permanent plan if he can't come back.
posted via volnation mobile

bingo!

Are you serious? I'm furious about this! I was already making Atlanta SEC title plans for next year! Hopefully, he changes his mind and decides to retire permanently!

I don't know why I care so much about this, but it IS big news. Urban Meyer is one of College football's most successful coaches. But the situation sounds a bit like why Men At Work broke up. on fire for a few years then was extinguished...

I wish him good health though. Gotta respect a man for doing what he loves.

this doesn't make much sense to me....alot can happen in two year span...what if he decides he wants to go to the NFL or doesn't want to come back...then what happens? IMO he is putting Fla and their current commits in a bad situation...They have the opportunity to grab Mullen or Strong to keep them stable but instead stick with Addazio who was terrible OC this yr

Addazio is the interim. He'll be back.
Something like this is sort of what I expected to happen once it came out that Meyer was staying on the payroll. Maybe a situation like Mike Kryzewski had at Duke about 15 years ago when he had sever back problems and had to take a year off.

Recruits will still bail on UF--Adazzio can't coach a lick. He's an oline type guy and that's it.

I dont see how it will work for Addazio to have the helm, but with urbie in the background pulling strings. Seems like a lot of opportunity for family dysfunction.

Like the rest of the lizard trolls that come to this site...rich.
I can't speak for the rest of the "trolls" that come here. Since I have never trolled on this site, I would hope we could have some sort of civilized conversations/debates on this topic.

Like sand through the hourglass...so are the Days of Our Live. This is getting good!! I'm afraid Urban may be hurting more than helping with this move--JMHO

CUM sees the Lane Train and others coming after him. He loses Tebow and the SEC championship. He sees a temporary downturn in the program and wants someone else to take the blame. He can then come back on his white horse and save the program.

If Meyer loves UF, he would let them go. I smell disaster for UF. Not that i'm complaining...

Tony Barnhart goes to church with me here in Atlanta and he told me that he expects bob stoops to take the job. His sunday article said basically that's were foley would start.

2009 season took its toll on Meyer | Mr. College Football

Stoops is a good coach, and could save the situation at UF.

We *ARE* showing class. I pray for Coach Meyer's health and family and I hope we are able to beat the gators a$$ every single game.

Too bad that we couldn't beat Tebow and Meyer, now we'll have to settle for beating brantley and Addazio... doesn't have the same ring does it??? :(

brian

We had a situation at Tennessee a few years back where a coach (Johnny Majors) took a leave of absense and name an assistant (Phillip Fulmer) as interm coach, and he won three games in a row and so Majors came back, but it was to late because Phillip replaced him and took his team while he was sick. Is there not a chance that Addazio could do the same to Meyer. Couldn't happen to a better team

was being mentioned earlier on some Gator boards that Addazio will be interim coach during his leave...appears to be another Billy D moment

VN Store

Back