Unofficial TN v UNC/Furman/WF 12/17,20,23 pre-game.

I'm not a media basher (I have a BS in Communications @ UT), but the takeover of the KNS by USAToday is a continual travesty. This morning there was no story on UT hoops with arguably one of the biggest games in TBA history 2 days away. There WAS a piece about Ark razorback basketball being on the upswing. Adams mostly steers clear of roundball and leaves it to Mike Strange, who is off getting some journalism HoF awards. Maybe there's nobody else after the massive staff cuts.

The decline of local reporting in our daily paper began before the USAToday takeover but it's in a free fall now.

Didn't Mike Strange leave the NS a few months back? I hope he is still there, god knows they need a decent writer, but I really think he has gone free lance.

Thought he “retired”?

Pennington’s twitter conversation show on Sundays had a big celebration show for his retirement.

Last edited:
Those DTs slowed Williams down in the second half of last season. He lost Fulkerson in December and Alexander wasn't very good at catching the ball when he did see the floor. Then Mostella was booted and Hubbs was injured. He didn't have a lot of options when the defense collapsed on him. Schofield didn't step up while the guards and Evans were little threat to pop open.

He definitely has a strong supporting cast this year. The defense will dominate at times Sunday. I m predicting a 9 point win.
GO BIG Orange! !!!!!

Why? What reason?

And yes -- corporate "journalism" is reducing all these outlets to shells of their former selves.

As the son of a journalist who retired from the KNS when it was still an actual newspaper, it makes me both sad and angry.

Cost cutting. Same thing has been happening at Cumulus radio... Deerstone wasn't allowed to stick around another year to retire on his terms. They've been running off on-air personalities for years (although a lot of it was necessary).

Local TV affiliates have been replacing their long time employees with cheaper, less experienced staff for years... and it shows. The weekend newscasts are crap. Ridiculous misspellings in the graphics. Clumsy directing... dead air, wrong camera, on-air staff that don't have a clue of pronunciations of local proper nouns. It's not news. It's bad entertainment.

=====================================
TN v Furman Paladins
Wednesday, 12/20/2017, 9PM
at the TBA
SEC Network

2017-18 Furman Paladins Roster and Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

2017–18 Furman Paladins men's basketball team - Wikipedia

TN at Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Saturday, 12/23:2017, 12:30PM
at the LJVM Coliseum
ESPN2

2017-18 Wake Forest Demon Deacons Roster and Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

2017–18 Wake Forest Demon Deacons men's basketball team - Wikipedia

Furman’s best player Devin Sibley is a Karns HS product. I’ve seen him play multiple times at Furman, and he can really shoot the ball and get to the rim. I’m sure he will be very motivated coming home. He was Socon player of the year last season.

Furman has turned itself into a solid program over the past few years and should compete for the Socon title this season.

Vols should win comfortably though, assuming there is no hangover from Sunday.

Reactions: 2 people
Over in the ticket forum there's a Furman lower level pair with a parking pass for $50. Don't see parking passes advertised for BB very often... in case somebody can't walk very far. But you're required to stand for the entire game... so nevermind.

Over in the ticket forum there's a Furman lower level pair with a parking pass for $50. Don't see parking passes advertised for BB very often... in case somebody can't walk very far. But you're required to stand for the entire game... so nevermind.
To old to stand that long. A few years ago my wife and I stood 4 hours at a kid rock show, couldn't work the next day. Lol

TN at Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Saturday, 12/23:2017, 12:30PM
at the LJVM Coliseum
ESPN2

2017-18 Wake Forest Demon Deacons Roster and Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

2017–18 Wake Forest Demon Deacons men's basketball team - Wikipedia

I haven't looked at the rosters yet, but TN has the advantage at the coaching position.

I assume TN takes a bus instead of flying over the mountain. How far away is that place. I also assume TN heads over on Friday instead of leaving Knoxville at 4AM or so for the 12:30 start. Stay focused boys... a win at Wake keeps the upward trajectory heading into Fayetteville.

BTW, a nice luxury jet would be a great thing to have for the basketball team. No doubt if Pat Summitt was still around the Athletic Department would be required to have two of them. I'd love to see how the rest of the league travels. Huge recruiting implications IMO.

VN Store

Back