Unofficial TN v UNC/Furman/WF 12/17,20,23 pre-game.

He hasn't played yet.

That's because of his injury. With TN's luck he'll be back for Sunday's game and have a career night.

Roy had him eligible even though he's a junior and played at Pitt last year. Is he a grad transfer? If so, I didn't know that they could take advantage of that rule and have two years of eligibility... I guess it may not matter as long as they've graduated.

Pinson is a slasher/point forward type player

Too bad J. Johnson is struggling to find the court. He matches up physically. Bowden might draw the assignment. Schofield may not be able to keep him from going around him, but that's what the help defense if for. However, Maye is going to draw their attention.

How in the hell does Roy get a junior transfer from another ACC team and he's eligible to play IMMEDIATELY?

Cameron Johnson, UNC basketball guard, has surgery after knee injury | News & Observer

He's a grad transfer, but he also had a medical redshirt, so he is a little unusual being a grad transfer that has two years of eligibility remaining. Roy did nothing special to get him eligible. It's well within NCAA rules. Pitt was trying to be difficult and not allow him to transfer within the ACC but eventually caved to public pressure and common decency. I haven't seen any recent updates about when he'll be ready to play. It could be this Sunday, but the last I heard several weeks ago was it would be closer to Christmas, so more than likely not until next weekend.

Reactions: 1 person
I think CRB will look to take the ball at Mays on defense and try to get him in foul trouble and make someone else try to beat UT. It will be a very exciting game Sunday.

I think CRB will look to take the ball at Mays on defense and try to get him in foul trouble and make someone else try to beat UT. It will be a very exciting game Sunday.

It's kind of an odd take, but that could work against TN. If Maye sits then the rest might step up big. With Maye on the floor they're more predictable. But Maye does present a potential matchup problem as I've been harping on for a while now.

Finally. Wondered reading thru these if Fulky would get his due.

Seems to me you'd run he and Admiral at Mayes all night. You don't want to chance losing Grant to foul troubles.

Yep. It may be the best chance he’s had to get his feet under him. 1 assignment, to shadow and contain.

Last edited:
Finally. Wondered reading thru these if Fulky would get his due.

Seems to me you'd run he and Admiral at Mayes all night. You don't want to chance losing Grant to foul troubles.

But Fulkerson's playing time has been declining. Only 3 and 8 minutes in the last 2. He's been struggling to get back to his pre-injury form. I'm not expecting to see a lot of him until late in the season. He is really good at drawing charges though... maybe he can
get one or two.

John Fulkerson 2017-18 Game Log | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

That's because of his injury. With TN's luck he'll be back for Sunday's game and have a career night.

Roy had him eligible even though he's a junior and played at Pitt last year. Is he a grad transfer? If so, I didn't know that they could take advantage of that rule and have two years of eligibility... I guess it may not matter as long as they've graduated.

Grad transfer, but it took awhile for him to be cleared as Pitt tried to block

Upset Carolina Sunday and we get in the dance with 19 wins. Our strength of schedule would be outstanding, not to mention the quality wins We would have. Lose and it will take 11 wins in the regular season and one in the tournament to make sure we get in.

Upset Carolina Sunday and we get in the dance with 19 wins. Our strength of schedule would be outstanding, not to mention the quality wins We would have. Lose and it will take 11 wins in the regular season and one in the tournament to make sure we get in.

Isn't the 7 already won plus 11 plus 1 also 19?

Confused why it will take more wins with a win and less wins with a loss. Are you talking about the NCAA or the Not In Tournament Tourney?

Nobody should be making definitive claims on the number of wins needed in December, pretty foolish.

stripes-thats-the-fact-jack.jpg

Haven't gotten to pay too much attention yet..team seems to be playing very well..noticed that Pons hasn't played much..he hurt or just not ready yet?

Isn't the 7 already won plus 11 plus 1 also 19?

I'm hoping we at least go 9-3 OC and 11 wins in reg,plus 1 in tourney. With a win Sunday ,I was saying it would be possible to reach the jig with just 19 total wins.

Last edited:
If they double Williams on d, he'll have a ton of assists and get our guards freed up for those killer 3's. Alexander could get loose a few times to.

I'm hoping we at least go 9-3 OC and 11 wins in reg,plus 1 in tourney. With a win Sunday ,I was saying it would be possible to reach the jig with just 19 total wins.

Oh, I think I see. You're calling the conference games reg. instead of the regular season games.

Haven't gotten to pay too much attention yet..team seems to be playing very well..noticed that Pons hasn't played much..he hurt or just not ready yet?

Both. His injury put him behind schedule. Don't know what's up with Kent, but Johnson has been slowed by injury. Walker had progressed very well which limits opportunities for Kent. It's a long season, it won't be surprising to me if any or all three work their way into the rotation before the season is over.

If they double Williams on d, he'll have a ton of assists and get our guards freed up for those killer 3's. Alexander could get loose a few times to.

Those DTs slowed Williams down in the second half of last season. He lost Fulkerson in December and Alexander wasn't very good at catching the ball when he did see the floor. Then Mostella was booted and Hubbs was injured. He didn't have a lot of options when the defense collapsed on him. Schofield didn't step up while the guards and Evans were little threat to pop open.

I'm not a media basher (I have a BS in Communications @ UT), but the takeover of the KNS by USAToday is a continual travesty. This morning there was no story on UT hoops with arguably one of the biggest games in TBA history 2 days away. There WAS a piece about Ark razorback basketball being on the upswing. Adams mostly steers clear of roundball and leaves it to Mike Strange, who is off getting some journalism HoF awards. Maybe there's nobody else after the massive staff cuts.

The decline of local reporting in our daily paper began before the USAToday takeover but it's in a free fall now.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not a media basher (I have a BS in Communications @ UT), but the takeover of the KNS by USAToday is a continual travesty. This morning there was no story on UT hoops with arguably one of the biggest games in TBA history 2 days away. There WAS a piece about Ark razorback basketball being on the upswing. Adams mostly steers clear of roundball and leaves it to Mike Strange, who is off getting some journalism HoF awards. Maybe there's nobody else after the massive staff cuts.

The decline of local reporting in our daily paper began before the USAToday takeover but it's in a free fall now.

100% agree.
The only logical excuse for not offering more coverage from them, is that they have to compete and win a basketVol trivia contest(against other outlets) to be able to report anything. And they just can’t buy a win.

VN Store

Back