Unofficial TN v UNC/Furman/WF 12/17,20,23 pre-game.

Maye has as many as their 2nd and 3rd (Manley and Pinson) combined. I hope he get's into early foul trouble.

I think Fulk and Walker might both see season highs in minutes. Unless GW and KA are just killing it and staying out of foul trouble.

I like the idea of Pons on Maye...I think Pons can stay with him...likely foul a good bit but also might frustrate Maye just having this long arm kid with major hops sticking to him like glue. Worth a shot, imo.

I like the idea of Pons on Maye...I think Pons can stay with him...likely foul a good bit but also might frustrate Maye just having this long arm kid with major hops sticking to him like glue. Worth a shot, imo.

Pons can’t guard at this level yet. Imo If he could, especially with his athletic skills, he would be seeing more time.

He also struggles knowing what to do within the offense. Spacing/movement etc.

Reactions: 1 person
Pons can’t guard at this level yet. Imo If he could, especially with his athletic skills, he would be seeing more time.

He also struggles knowing what to do within the offense. Spacing/movement etc.

Yea, he's probably the best physical matchup to Maye, but he's way too inexperienced and would be smoked by the veteran. I'd like to see him get a shot though if Bowden, Schofield, Williams, and Fulkerson aren't effective. Whomever draws Maye will get help when he gets into the painted area. Maybe Bowden will be the best at chasing him around the perimeter.

Yea, he's probably the best physical matchup to Maye, but he's way too inexperienced and would be smoked by the veteran. I'd like to see him get a shot though if Bowden, Schofield, Williams, and Fulkerson aren't effective. Whomever draws Maye will get help when he gets into the painted area. Maybe Bowden will be the best at chasing him around the perimeter.

I would say Admiral, but he doesn’t seem to be seeing the ball and man right now.

I would say Admiral, but he doesn’t seem to be seeing the ball and man right now.

I think that Maye would burn Admiral on the perimeter. He'd at least get open looks, but if he's cold he won't be able to push AS into the paint. Whichever player is guarding Maye, he'll get a lot of help. But that could leave those two guards with a lot of the open looks. Bone/Turner/Daniel/Darrington better come to play defense as well. I don't think that TN is outmanned at the post, but Alexander/Williams need to stay out of foul trouble and Fulk/Walker need to be ready to contribute if either or both do get whistled.

Last edited:
The people posting in the Tickets Forum looking for a pair is kind of pathetic. There were plenty of tickets available before the season started. I guess they figured TN was going to be 13th in the SEC and they weren't going to waste their time going. Now they've suddenly become fans. I suppose they'll want a pair for KY in a few weeks too.

The people posting in the Tickets Forum looking for a pair is kind of pathetic. There were plenty of tickets available before the season started. I guess they figured TN was going to be 13th in the SEC and they weren't going to waste their time going. Now they've suddenly become fans. I suppose they'll want a pair for KY in a few weeks too.

😂 😂 😂 I’ve already been to 3 games this year and barely broke the bank. I’m good watching the UNC game at home.

Good news? North Carolina isn’t a very good shot blocking team. If Kyle can get going they can’t stop him imo

Should be the best atmosphere TBA has seen in at least 7 years. Can't wait to be part of it.

Who's drawing the assignment on this white boy? He can jump.

Luke Maye College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

I'm guessing Admiral, but he's been hurt. Or maybe Bowden. Both give up 3 or 4 inches of height. It might be a good time to use a zone and hope that they struggle knocking down 3s in the TBA. But the Dean Dome might have similar optics... the perspective might not be a factor at all. Without looking at their stats, I'm sure they have no shortage of 3-point threats.

Walker, Williams, Alexander, and Fulkerson probably can't chase him on the perimeter. Bone, Turner, Daniel, and Darrington all give up too much size.

I'll tell you who could become an instant legend. Pons seems to be the physical matchup to Luke Maye. He's got two weeks to prepare.

I believe Williams will draw the matchup to start. Williams is a solid defender he just struggles with foul trouble. If you look at the rest of there lineup he doesn't matchup with anyone else. Schofield will draw pinion and Alexander will draw Brooks and be available to help. I could see us playing small a lot with Williams at the 5 and move Schofield onto him.

I believe Williams will draw the matchup to start. Williams is a solid defender he just struggles with foul trouble. If you look at the rest of there lineup he doesn't matchup with anyone else. Schofield will draw pinion and Alexander will draw Brooks and be available to help. I could see us playing small a lot with Williams at the 5 and move Schofield onto him.

That makes sense. I don't know if Williams can keep up with Maye when he's catching and shooting off of high screens though. Maybe take our chances that his 3-pointers won't be dropping or he can be double teamed off of the screens while not finding Berry and Williams spotting up unmolested.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Luke Maye #32 JR F 6-7 227 19.9 Pts, 10.5 Reb, 2.7 Ast (G Williams/AS/Bowden/Pons)
=====================================
Joel Berry #2 SR G 6-0 195 16.0 Pts, 2.4 Reb, 3.7 Ast (Bone/Turner/Daniel)
Kenny Williams #24 JR G 6-3 166 13.4 Pts, 3.6 Reb, 2.1 Ast (Bowden/Turner/Darrington)
Theo Pinson #1 SR F 6-6 195 9.4 Pts, 5.1 Reb, 4.4 Ast (Schofield/Pons/Fulkerson)
Garrison Brooks #15 FR F 6-9 215 6.2 Pts, 4.4 Reb, 0.8 Ast (Alexander/Fulkerson)
==================================
Sterling Manley #21 FR F 6-11 240 6.8 Pts, 5.4 Reb, 0.3 Ast (Walker/Alexander)
Andrew Platek 3 FR G 6-3 195 4.4 Pts, 1.6 Reb, 1.0 Ast

Jalek Felton 5 FR G 6-3 190 4.3 Pts, 1.1 Reb, 1.9 Ast

Brandon Huffman 42 FR F 6-10 250 3.6 Pts, 2.8 Reb, 0.0 Ast

Brandon Robinson 4 SO G 6-5 162 3.5 Pts, 2.6 Reb, 1.0 Ast

Seventh Woods 0 SO G 6-2 180 2.4 Pts, 1.4 Reb, 1.7 Ast

Last edited:
UNC's 3 tallest (6'9"+) are all freshmen. Their backcourt has a lot of experience. Pinson at 6'6" leads UNC in assists. He must find Maye and those two guards a lot.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back