Ukraine Protests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russians are an interesting bunch, kind of like a large family of brothers. They tend to pick fights with each other and squabble like brothers do. But when someone from the outside comes in and picks on the little brother, you get the whole family coming after you.

Right now, Putin is like the eldest brother that keeps kicking the bully on the block to the curb, figuratively speaking. And the other brothers look up to him for it. Sure, others want to be in his place as the biggest and baddest brother, but nobody can take him off the throne at the moment and are happy he's keeping the family name relevant at the moment.

We're partially to blame for what we're currently witnessing in Russia right now. We should have tried to integrate them into the world that we all live in better after the fall of the Soviet Union. For whatever reasons (partially us, partially them), that didn't happen.

And now we have a state that is speaking the rhetoric of 1930s Germany. I doubt it comes to that end point, but the language is certainly the same.

We're partially to blame for what we're currently witnessing in Russia right now. We should have tried to integrate them into the world that we all live in better after the fall of the Soviet Union. For whatever reasons (partially us, partially them), that didn't happen.

And now we have a state that is speaking the rhetoric of 1930s Germany. I doubt it comes to that end point, but the language is certainly the same.

I don't agree. We did everything possible to keep them on the world stage during the 90s. Being that the Russian economy was in the shambles back then and they were experimenting with the idea of capitalism in the modern world, they were expected to take a few steps back. But even then, Clinton attempted to keep them at the forefront in the power vacuum created after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

And even Bush treated them as equals rather than contempt. Other than Georgia in 2008, which could have been either side's fault, Putin didn't try crap like this and was happy to share the world stage since he respected Bush as well.

Unfortunately, when Obama got into office, they saw what appeared to be a political infant in world affairs and went after him like a shark once Putin returned to office. Putin judged our kindness for weakness, and rightly so as we are bumbling about in the dark.

They honestly sound like 1930s Germany. And I'm not just saying that for some sort of effect. Putin has stirred them up into a whirlwind.

I don't agree. We did everything possible to keep them on the world stage during the 90s. Being that the Russian economy was in the shambles back then and they were experimenting with the idea of capitalism in the modern world, they were expected to take a few steps back. But even then, Clinton attempted to keep them at the forefront in the power vacuum created after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

And even Bush treated them as equals rather than contempt. Other than Georgia in 2008, which could have been either side's fault, Putin didn't try crap like this and was happy to share the world stage since he respected Bush as well.

Unfortunately, when Obama got into office, they saw what appeared to be a political infant in world affairs and went after him like a shark once Putin returned to office. Putin judged our kindness for weakness, and rightly so as we are bumbling about in the dark.

Honestly, I have no clue, and I'm not going to try to psychoanalyze him. But one could also argue that he was using the time to build up his military, which was weak at that point.

Honestly, I have no clue, and I'm not going to try to psychoanalyze him. But one could also argue that he was using the time to build up his military, which was weak at that point.

Even you can see our foreign policy is bumbling around. I know you try to ride the fence on political issues, but we are not perceived as a world leader anymore. From crisis to crisis, we do little more than limp from one to the next and have zero strategy in world affairs.

wow i laughed the entire time reading this. jesus. I know our media is biased but holy effing donkey turds.

-UN=NATO now
-the fins and swedes should love russia, even after all the wars they fought in the past, its only because of American propaganda that public opinion is turning.
-we are going to shoot down one of our planes or a neutral plane and frame Russia
-we are going to start a rebellion in Russia (sound like they are already laying tracks and back story for when some Russians want their rights back?)
-The US is puppet mastering all the nations in the world at this moment except for Russia
-I am sure i missed some other funny stuff

i might half believe some of that stuff if we were even half capable of pulling any of that off. with how inept our government has lately Russia must think we are goofing off and giving a false face to the world.

Even you can see our foreign policy is bumbling around. I know you try to ride the fence on political issues, but we are not perceived as a world leader anymore. From crisis to crisis, we do little more than limp from one to the next and have zero strategy in world affairs.

Well, I've already asked you what you would suggest doing in this situation, and I gave you the feedback that we'd probably already be in WWIII.

In my opinion though, if we were going to stick our rears in this one, I think we've pursued it fairly well. Thus far.

One could also argue that we should just keep our rears out of it. Rasputin comes to mind. I do think, however, if it weren't for us sticking our rears in it, that Vlad would probably already be running roughshod across Ukraine.

The Russian people would probably already be getting shots of Vlad posing bare-chested atop a T-90 while stroking a Siberian tiger cub somewhere on the outskirts of Kiev on their nightly news.

wow i laughed the entire time reading this. jesus. I know our media is biased but holy effing donkey turds.

-UN=NATO now
-the fins and swedes should love russia, even after all the wars they fought in the past, its only because of American propaganda that public opinion is turning.
-we are going to shoot down one of our planes or a neutral plane and frame Russia
-we are going to start a rebellion in Russia (sound like they are already laying tracks and back story for when some Russians want their rights back?)
-The US is puppet mastering all the nations in the world at this moment except for Russia

i might half believe some of that stuff if we were even half capable of pulling any of that off. with how inept our government has lately Russia must think we are goofing off and giving a false face to the world.

Laugh if you want, but just you see what the US Zio-fascists are capable of. Just ask Rasputin.

And the Ukraine will just have to take it.

Sure toe to toe they won't stand a chance but if he intends to occupy the east it won't be pretty and the Ukrainians will resist mightily. They won't let the Kremlin do another land grab laying on the ground. Putin has made a vast miscalculation with his Ukraine gambit. He thought it would be quick, easy, and leave the Ukrainian state fractured. Instead Russian intervention has unified the Ukrainian people finally united them against Russian aggression. Putin has reawakened dormant Ukrainian patriotism and nationalism and has created a nation-state that will be resistive to the Kremlin in the future. The Ukrainians may lack technology and weapons but they have the fighting spirit that will make an invasion deadly for Moscow.

Sure toe to toe they won't stand a chance but if he intends to occupy the east it won't be pretty and the Ukrainians will resist mightily. They won't let the Kremlin do another land grab laying on the ground. Putin has made a vast miscalculation with his Ukraine gambit. He thought it would be quick, easy, and leave the Ukrainian state fractured. Instead Russian intervention has unified the Ukrainian people finally united them against Russian aggression. Putin has reawakened dormant Ukrainian patriotism and nationalism and has created a nation-state that will be resistive to the Kremlin in the future. The Ukrainians may lack technology and weapons but they have the fighting spirit that will make an invasion deadly for Moscow.

All true, I was implying that they would be faced with either fighting back which will be costly to both parties or rolling over and taking it. Because the EU and the US won't be stepping in to help.

All true, I was implying that they would be faced with either fighting back which will be costly to both parties or rolling over and taking it. Because the EU and the US won't be stepping in to help.

Hey, Grand Vol, since you're apparently keeping tabs in here today, did you get a chance to watch that CNN documentary on the Space Race?

I generally agree, though I think you overstate this.

You all still have time to get on the right side of history. Face it, America is not the good guy anymore.

And by the way, I'll start the countdown right now... we'll see how long these so-called sanctions last and we''l see if America or Europe blinks first or Russia...

I wouldn't put it past us at this point to bomb ships filled with South American products going through the Bosphorus.

Hey, Grand Vol, since you're apparently keeping tabs in here today, did you get a chance to watch that CNN documentary on the Space Race?

That one you posted in the other thread? Not yet, trying to find the time to sit down and watch it at one time.

I'm keeping tabs waiting on my summarization of testimony from this morning.

Did I mention lawyers suck?

You all still have time to get on the right side of history. Face it, America is not the good guy anymore.

And by the way, I'll start the countdown right now... we'll see how long these so-called sanctions last and we''l see if America or Europe blinks first or Russia...

I wouldn't put it past us at this point to bomb ships filled with South American products going through the Bosphorus.

Would you please just renounce your citizenship and move away for crying out loud?

Our country isn't perfect, but it is ours.

Reactions: 1 person
That one you posted in the other thread? Not yet, trying to find the time to sit down and watch it at one time.

I'm keeping tabs waiting on my summarization of testimony from this morning.

Did I mention lawyers suck?

Yeah, that one. Make sure to watch it sometime if possible. It's probably not going to provide you with much information you don't already know (other than maybe a specific chronology of events that might be a good refresher), but it is very well made. It's really beautiful actually.

And unlike Rasputin, it will make you proud to be an American.

Would you please just renounce your citizenship and move away for crying out loud?

Even then, you are mistaken. This country has been taken over by the banks. They privatize profits and socialize the losses. That was why the tax payer paid the tab of the banker bailout in 2008/2009, yet Goldman-Sacks was able to be re-paid dollar for dollar in bailout money from the taxpayer on their bad derivatives bets.

This country hasn't been about "by the people, for the people" in a long time.

Maybe some have, but I've not given up on the project that is the United States of America yet.

Even then, you are mistaken. This country has been taken over by the banks. They privatize profits and socialize the losses. That was why the tax payer paid the tab of the banker bailout in 2008/2009, yet Goldman-Sacks was able to be re-paid dollar for dollar in bailout money from the taxpayer on their bad derivatives bets.

This country hasn't been about "by the people, for the people" in a long time.

We know. Your problem, however, is that you seem to think that things are somehow different elsewhere.

-UN=NATO now
-we are going to shoot down one of our planes or a neutral plane and frame Russia [Russia nor the Eastern Rebels had nothing to gain by shooting down that plane. But The Ukraine & US had motive because now they could portray Russia as the bad guys. The problem is, most of the world doesn't buy it. Only sheeple in "Murica buy it.]
-The US is puppet mastering all the nations in the world at this moment except for Russia [John Kerry and Victoria Nuland were in The Ukraine forming up and meeting with anti-govt forces 4 months before the Ukrainian coup. Nobody here has been able to spell out any convincing reason why The Ukraine decision to join or not join the EU was of significant American interest.]

I would agree with you that we are inept and sloppy. The problem is that they continue to run the same plays in the playbook, yet still continue to think they are fooling the majority of the world. The only people that are delusional are the 'Muricans that look at FOX News or CNN/MSNBC...

We know. Your problem, however, is that you seem to think that things are somehow different elsewhere.

No, not different, but better in certain things than here in this country. I realize corruption is worldwide, but the steps we've taken over the last 15-20 years has moved this country from being a liberating force to an occupying force... all in an effort to protect the fiat US dollar.

Maybe some have, but I've not given up on the project that is the United States of America yet.

If we continue on our current path, this country will blow up and we will have to start from scratch. This country is a Ponzi scheme, built on top of a Ponzi scheme. Everything we have going right now just about is unsustainable. SS, the military campaigns worldwide, the QE dollar printing, a growing aging population/fewer working youth...

Thats why I support Hillary Clinton in 2016. She will drive the car over the cliff and start the reset faster than if we allow Christie or one of the other GOP candidates get in and just kick the can down the road even longer. Hillary will put us out of our misery earlier and we can rebuild afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back