Ukraine Protests

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is ever an award for the VolNation poster who refuses to answer legitimate questions from other posters and thinks siting his own posts is authoritative proof, then I nominate Rasputin Vol.

Mods, can you help us out here?

If the 12,000 thing is an issue, then I understand.

But the SVR apparently can't take a joke (i.e., Velo's new thread title), and we're having to constantly keep an eye out on what Mister SVR posts.

Could the two threads be conjoined?

Thanks.

Reactions: 1 person
So wait, Ukraine gets a debt write off... but Greece doesn't?

Ukraine crisis: Creditors to 'write off' 20% of debt - BBC News

not that you are going to see this but I imagine a couple things here, besides what is listed in the article.

1. "if you owe the bank 100,000 you have a problem, you owe the bank 1,000,000 the bank has a problem." Ukraine is much closer to 1,000,000 than Greece was/is.
2. I don't think Ukraine has restructured its debt before, as where Greece had punted before and was having to deal with it a second plus time
3. Ukraine's government wasn't elected under the sole purpose of running up more debt like Greece was. and the unrest was started by the outsing of the people who actually started the debt issue. so on a certain level it speaks to them wanting to go a different direction.
4. Ukraine is under going a civil war at best and an invasion at worse, similar restructuring has happened in other countries based on those facts
5. Beyond number 4 Ukraine also lost a very sizable chunk of land, and one would assume income, when Crimea was illegally seized. and that has been recognized the world over sans Russia
6. going back to #2, Ukraine has a better chance of paying it back if they can get peace than Greece does/did, imo. and it seems the banks feel the same way.
7. One way or the other, joining Russian economic groups or the EU, Ukraine has a bit of an "untapped" economic growth front, that Greece lacked, again if they can get peace.

not that you are seeing this, but figured I might as well respond in case anyone was legitimately wondering.

LOL what is it with terrorists using their real passports. Reminds me of how fortunate we were to find that hijackers passport intact under all that rubble of the WTC.

That and the Charlie Hebdo guy that left his passport on the seat of the rental car.

How many more times are they going to recycle the same story about passports allegedly being left behind?

You know what, there needs to be a Terrorism Basics 101 class taught to these guys. Lesson #1 would be don't bring your real passports to a job.

Passport Found Next To Paris Suicide Bomber Belongs To Syrian "Political Refugee" Who Entered Greece

You know what, there needs to be a Terrorism Basics 101 class taught to these guys. Lesson #1 would be don't bring your real passports to a job.

Passport Found Next To Paris Suicide Bomber Belongs To Syrian "Political Refugee" Who Entered Greece

You ever stop and think that they want you to know who did it? Most of these guys have some sort of psychological problems. And iirc a lot of serial killers ultimately want their name known, and imo these guys aren't too far from that. obviously it isn't going to be all of them or even a majority but its not crazy to think someone would bring it along.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back