Ukraine Protests

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll make my last prediction about this crisis, and then I'll hang it up, since they've all been wrong thus far and predicting things with this crisis seems useless.

I predict that Russian forces will move into Ukraine sometime within the next 2 or 3 weeks. How far they go, I do not know.

But that's my prediction, and I'm sticking to it, at least until it's proven wrong again.

I'll make my last prediction about this crisis, and then I'll hang it up, since they've all been wrong thus far and predicting things with this crisis seems useless.

I predict that Russian forces will move into Ukraine sometime within the next 2 or 3 weeks. How far they go, I do not know.

But that's my prediction, and I'm sticking to it, at least until it's proven wrong again.

I'm with you, I think we'll see the intervention of Russian troops before the end of the month.

I watched a 12 minute YouTube video so NEENER NEENER!

Dammit! You now know more about Russian history than I do.

Seriously, though, Grand, have you ever studied Russian history closely? It will make your stomach turn. I don't mean to make lite of our nation's troubles, but Russia's makes ours look like a trip to an ice cream truck. If they weren't constantly massacring one another and others, or being massacred by others, honestly, they'd probably have a population akin to India or China right now.

I'm serious. Probably around a billion people.

I predict Russia waits it out unless NATO escalates military support. I think the sanctions will have an adverse affect on Europe and as the weather gets colder, Putin's bargaining position will only get stronger.

We said the same thing to one another, however, about the May 11 separatist referendum. As always, we'll see.

Yeah but you and I both know they are already operating in Ukraine just not officially.

I predict Russia waits it out unless NATO escalates military support. I think the sanctions will have an adverse affect on Europe and as the weather gets colder, Putin's bargaining position will only get stronger.

He just implemented sanctions against American food imports that will hurt his own population, we're dealing with a man that doesn't care for the well being of his people.

Seriously, though, Grand, have you ever studied Russian history closely? It will make your stomach turn. I don't mean to make lite of our nation's troubles, but Russia's makes ours look like a trip to an ice cream truck. If they weren't constantly massacring one another and others, or being massacred by others, honestly, they'd probably have a population akin to India or China right now.

I have studied it and I don't think there has never been a nation that's been able to bounce back like Russians do. I don't know if they'd have a billion people or not, but they would have a far more substantial population than they do today.

But they do manage to somehow bounce back and return to the world stage.

I'm with you, I think we'll see the intervention of Russian troops before the end of the month.

Barring a complete collapse of the rebel forces, I'd wager a guess it will be closer to winter. Maybe October time frame.

Barring a complete collapse of the rebel forces, I'd wager a guess it will be closer to winter. Maybe October time frame.

August has typically been Russian invasion season in history. I'm not sure the rebels will have the ability to hold out till winter, the Ukrainian army seems to be at the gates of Donetsk already.

Were most of their issues post Bolshevik revolution or have they always been that way? Didn't they have some decent czars? I've heard of Peter the Great and Catherine the Great, based on their title I've always assumed they were good leaders. I've also read that Russia had provided support to the US during its' early years.

I have studied it and I don't think there has never been a nation that's been able to bounce back like Russians do. I don't know if they'd have a billion people or not, but they would have a far more substantial population than they do today.

But they do manage to somehow bounce back and return to the world stage.

As big as the damn country is, I don't know that it could even support a population that big, given that the vast majority of it isn't even appropriate for mass farming. So my comment was somewhat hyperbole. Somewhat. Although I do believe that they'd have that many people now under ideal circumstances.

I agree though. They're a resilient, admirable bunch. As much as I criticize their govt.'s actions and the mouthbreathers among them, I do think they are really something, so to speak.

Even as a child, I remember being obsessed with all things Russia. I only caught the tail-end of the Cold War (born on the eve of '85), but even so, I've always desired to learn more about that nation. Its vastness, cultures, and history are all interesting.

It's a pity they've always preferred the lash to the individual.

Nick Paton Walsh from CNN just said that Borodai has resigned and another guy has taken over. Maybe 20Committee was right afterall.

He just implemented sanctions against American food imports that will hurt his own population, we're dealing with a man that doesn't care for the well being of his people.

It's not like the Russian people are going to starve because he banned those imports of food. The analysis I read in the wsj said that most of the banned imports were foods consumed by the wealthier populations in Russia. The majority of the Russian population relies on cheaper domestic foods.

August has typically been Russian invasion season in history. I'm not sure the rebels will have the ability to hold out till winter, the Ukrainian army seems to be at the gates of Donetsk already.

Don't use logic, I've got a thousand clams in Vegas on them invading in October.

Seriously though, I could see them moving in under the guise of "peacekeepers" as mentioned before. Or a false flag operation that happens on the other side of the border that creates a situation where Russia moves in to "stabilize" the situation.

And the Ukraine will just have to take it.

Don't use logic, I've got a thousand clams in Vegas on them invading in October.

Seriously though, I could see them moving in under the guise of "peacekeepers" as mentioned before. Or a false flag operation that happens on the other side of the border that creates a situation where Russia moves in to "stabilize" the situation.

And the Ukraine will just have to take it.

Ot GV but do you have an email address you would care to share? I have something interesting to send you .

Were most of their issues post Bolshevik revolution or have they always been that way? Didn't they have some decent czars? I've heard of Peter the Great and Catherine the Great, based on their title I've always assumed they were good leaders. I've also read that Russia had provided support to the US during its' early years.

Way too much to unpack from this post. Way too much. I don't even know where to start, since you've obviously not read a 600-page book on Russian history like myself.

Bolsheviks? No, they're just another wrung on the ladder of slaughtering thousands and millions of people.

Peter the Great? He is considered the modernizer of Russia. Some hated him for this and some still do. He's probably the only reason why they aren't a complete backwater though, even now.

Catherine the Great? Kind of the same as Peter, although they weren't related. (Both Romanovs, but Catherine was actually German.) Like Peter, she sought to modernize and liberalize the nation.

Both still had numerous people killed.

Did Russia provide support to the US in its early days? Yes. This was a strategic ploy to keep Western powers in check.

Regarding my earlier comment, I'll just say this. Imagine that a Viking married a Mongol. A marriage of the Rus and the Horde. Can you picture that? Well, if so, then you have Russia.

As big as the damn country is, I don't know that it could even support a population that big, given that the vast majority of it isn't even appropriate for mass farming. So my comment was somewhat hyperbole. Somewhat. Although I do believe that they'd have that many people now under ideal circumstances.

I agree though. They're a resilient, admirable bunch. As much as I criticize their govt.'s actions and the mouthbreathers among them, I do think they are really something, so to speak.

Even as a child, I remember being obsessed with all things Russia. I only caught the tail-end of the Cold War (born on the eve of '85), but even so, I've always desired to learn more about that nation. Its vastness, cultures, and history are all interesting.

It's a pity they've always preferred the lash to the individual.

Russians are an interesting bunch, kind of like a large family of brothers. They tend to pick fights with each other and squabble like brothers do. But when someone from the outside comes in and picks on the little brother, you get the whole family coming after you.

Right now, Putin is like the eldest brother that keeps kicking the bully on the block to the curb, figuratively speaking. And the other brothers look up to him for it. Sure, others want to be in his place as the biggest and baddest brother, but nobody can take him off the throne at the moment and are happy he's keeping the family name relevant at the moment.

Ot GV but do you have an email address you would care to share? I have something interesting to send you .

Listen, if I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, I don't want the selfies of you!

Edited cause I don't want selfies from VP either.

I don't want to know how much peanut butter you wasted the last time I saw a picture of you and the dog.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Way too much to unpack from this post. Way too much. I don't even know where to start, since you've obviously not read a 600-page book on Russian history like myself.

Bolsheviks? No, they're just another wrung on the ladder of slaughtering thousands and millions of people.

Peter the Great? He is considered the modernizer of Russia. Some hated him for this and some still do. He's probably the only reason why they aren't a complete backwater though, even now.

Catherine the Great? Kind of the same as Peter, although they weren't related. (Both Romanovs, but Catherine was actually German.) Like Peter, she sought to modernize and liberalize the nation.

Both still had numerous people killed.

Did Russia provide support to the US in its early days? Yes. This was a strategic ploy to keep Western powers in check.

Regarding my earlier comment, I'll just say this. Imagine that a Viking married a Mongol. A marriage of the Rus and the Horde. Can you picture that? Well, if so, then you have Russia.

Good analogy. Speaking of Viking/Mongol offspring, how do the men look like cavemen while the women are sooo hot?

Good analogy. Speaking of Viking/Mongol offspring, how do the men look like cavemen while the women are sooo hot?

It's more than an analogy; it's the composition of their nation. Sprinkled in with some Slavs who apparently maintained the language and decided they were too weak to rule themselves so they needed some outsiders to help.

And I don't know. Why?

Listen, if I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, I don't want the selfies of you!

Edited cause I don't want selfies from VP either.

I don't want to know how much peanut butter you wasted the last time I saw a picture of you and the dog.

My selfies would poke a viewer's eye out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back