UK offering Calipari $500,000 for 66 months?

I get they expect to be playing for a title every year, but it’s not like he’s a horrible coach. I think they’d be stupid to part ways with him.

I mean-it's Kentucky. What else do they have to look forward to honestly? A 4-0 start in FB most years followed by 8 weeks of getting drubbed?

BB is their "thing". To see themselves being equalled or in many ways surpassed by other SEC teams kinda has to suck for them.

No surprise that Calipari is returning. The buyout is enormous for college hoops and he has another great recruiting class coming in that they secured in keeping him, but a big reason might also be that there is no compelling candidate out there in this cycle. I would guess that his leash isn't super long at this point, given the temperature of the fan base.

Reactions: Volfan1000
No surprise that Calipari is returning. The buyout is enormous for college hoops and he has another great recruiting class coming in that they secured in keeping him, but a big reason might also be that there is no compelling candidate out there in this cycle. I would guess that his leash isn't super long at this point, given the temperature of the fan base.
They are trapped. It's really expensive for UK to fire him and it is really expensive for another school to hire him.

If you can actually get rid of him, it's not really a lifetime contract.
It's as close to a lifetime contract as you can get in this business. No school is going to offer a coach a literal lifetime contract (i.e., the school can never make him go away even if they paid him all his money).

Reactions: Volfan1000
Yea no thanks. Buyout is supposedly about that much I have heard almost 35m.

If I’m Cal and you want me to leave. I will take a lump sum of oh let’s say 15m to leave and another 5 for next 4 years and oh yea maybe use of KY jet when I need it.

oh yea and if I get another job I keep It all and you keep paying. You were stupid enough to give me the lifetime contract, I ain’t leaving Without it all guaranteed.
And a lifetime supply of KY jelly

VN Store

Back