UK offering Calipari $500,000 for 66 months?

I think that is what was in his existing contract. If they “offered” him that then they are making a change.

No telling who they might be thing about as a replacement. It's not Self. Wright's not coming out of retirement for that job. Few? Sampson? It would be just like them to offer that sleaze. May?🤭 Oats? That would be all time laughable

Reactions: LibertyVol
No telling who they might be thing about as a replacement. It's not Self. Wright's not coming out of retirement for that job. Few? Sampson? It would be just like them to offer that sleaze. May?🤭 Oats? That would be all time laughable

Few would be a fool to leave Gonzaga for Kentucky.

Oats? Maybe.

Sampson likely stays put.

Reactions: Plecoptera
If Kentucky throws the package at Sampson like they did to Barnes, Ole Kelvin would be there in 1 day. If they offer

Ehh, Sampson is close to 70 years old.

I can’t see him jumping ship this late into his career, especially with a stressful job like Kentucky.

I’ve been wrong before though.

Local radio here also said Cal has a mitigation clause, so if he isn’t done with coaching, then UK would not pay the entire buyout.

Probably doesn’t mean anything.

Technically he’s still employed so there’s really not much else he could have said.
I agree. He supposedly meets with Mitch tomorrow. They were smart enough to not take calls. Haha. I was excited to hear them.

Yeah, of course. May? Oats? Hurley? Smart? His stint at Texas was brutal, but has reinvigorated Marquette
They'd probably be glad to get Hurley but I doubt he'd take the job. I doubt May would ditch Michigan now, for career reasons. Smart, maybe but that Texas stain hasn't washed out yet. I'd guess Oats. They've shown with Calipari that they'll hire someone with less than stellar character.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back