UK loss

In this case, it ripped out a huge ****ing chunk of ass.

Unfortunately it's true. The coaches watch it, But players do not. Best I can tell it is a "superior athleticism, superior skills, we play our game correctly and it doesn't matter what they do" philosophy. Obviously it works 99% of the time, but that 1% will bite you in the ass. Obviously.

Unfortunately it's true. The coaches watch it, But players do not. Best I can tell it is a "superior athleticism, superior skills, we play our game correctly and it doesn't matter what they do" philosophy. Obviously it works 99% of the time, but that 1% will bite you in the ass. Obviously.

Wow - that just seems unreal. No matter how good I was as a player, I'd want to see film of my counterpart - especially if he was good. Cal might want to rethink that strategy when the opponent has 1 critical player.

To me Cal really did a disservice to those guys in several ways. Watching film, whether it be practice or game film is a learned process, you get better at it the more you do it. I know a lot of guys who will go in there and zone out in the dark and others who can utilize it to the max almost to a detriment. UKs team was great, but I feel like Cal didn't get all he could have because of little things like watching film. Why not do it for 10 minutes even? Coach Cal has forgotten more basketball than I'll ever know, but it reeks of arrogance and not maximizing your players abilities.

Let me preface all of this by saying that I made the comment to my wife the other day that I would be happy if I could see Tennessee make one Final Four before I die. So I'd be jealous of 4 Final Fours in the history of the program, let alone four in a six year span.

With all that said… Considering the insane amount of talent that Kentucky has brought in during the Calipari era, I wouldn't necessarily hesitate to say that only having won one championship is at least a little bit of an underachievement.

I basically throw out the 2013 year. Yes that team didn't even reach the tourney. But I felt we were tending upward when we lost Noel. We were a fringe top 25 team at that point.

1/6 on paper seems like underachieving. And I'm sure UK fans would rather have only 2 final fours with 2 titles instead of 4 final fours with 1 title. But on a simply a statistical level, UK has done pretty much what was expected every year. Be a title contender. The favorite doesn't always win it. We were favorites going into the tourney in 2010, 2012, and 2015. We are 1/3 for titles. 2011 and 2014 were overachievers lucky to get to the final four.

VN Store

Back