UK loss

4/6 Final Fours. Not sure how that's underachieving. Duke losing to Mercer/Lehigh might fit under that label better. So far, knock on wood, Cal has been very consistent in the tourney/

There is enough talent on that team to field two possible three D1 teams. And probably get them all in the tournament. For him to lose to a team they beat last year with far superior talent is underachieving. With the talent he's had there is no reason he shouldn't have 2 more NCAA championships. No reason at all. So the underachieving title he's been given fits him perfectly.

Because you don't create threads is beside the point. Many a UK fan has enjoyed seeing UT down in football and they've talked ish for the last 7-8 years thinking they had a chance come the last week of November. We don't celebrate your "failures" because we're jealous of your program, we celebrate them because you're a conference rival that many of us despise, especially the KY residents.

Do I wish we had 8 titles? Of course! But I'd still revel your losing even if we did, because I dislike all things UK.

Your football program absolutely blows, yet I love seeing 2-10 seasons. Surely that's not out of jealousy and a stream of mediocrity from our program is it?

But you don't count because you're an anomaly, an outlier that screws up the curve. You hate everything. :)

Which again speaks directly to my point, you have such a lack of substance to your program that your only joy is from watching another program fail, ignoring the fact that you've rowed your boat down the mediocrity stream since the beginning.

I don't recall anyone creating threads to laugh at your football losses over the years. But it's okay, you can continue to laugh at O'Charlies while other squads are going to final fours. And don't even say Barnes will be the savior, please spare me that.

IMO, you must be into machoism to spend so many years here on a totally biased UT site. Most of us HATE UK basketball, BAMA football, and various other teams such as Vandy. We will always revel in their losses and the worse the better. Personally, I do not 'pull for the SEC' when it is a hated rival. That is what makes us 'fan'atics in sports. Therefore, I do not go to a rivals site, I know I would not like to read what they say about UT

Reactions: 1 person
But you don't count because you're an anomaly, an outlier that screws up the curve. You hate everything. :)

Haha. I don't hate the Commonwealth, in fact I miss it very much, just not the state income tax. I went back to BG the week before last for the WKU-UK baseball game. Damn Western owns UK when they play at BG Ballpark!

Haha. I don't hate the Commonwealth, in fact I miss it very much, just not the state income tax. I went back to BG the week before last for the WKU-UK baseball game. Damn Western owns UK when they play at BG Ballpark!

Haha. Yeah. Did you go to the 25-3 (or whatever it was) BEATDOWN a few years ago? Ugly.

IMO, you must be into machoism to spend so many years here on a totally biased UT site. Most of us HATE UK basketball, BAMA football, and various other teams such as Vandy. We will always revel in their losses and the worse the better. Personally, I do not 'pull for the SEC' when it is a hated rival. That is what makes us 'fan'atics in sports. Therefore, I do not go to a rivals site, I know I would not like to read what they say about UT

I've discussed this ad nauseam over the years, but I'll give you the cliff notes version.

I know EVERYTHING that will be said on UK sites. The truth, the hyperbole, the damn asinine things they say. It's boring. Would you continue going to a US History 120 class after completing it 5 times?

I come here, knowing full well there are the same close minded turds that will trash Kentucky. But there is also rational discussion to be had (though it's dwindling over the years), and sometimes a great result comes out of it. Sometimes I learn something, sometimes you guys learn something.

I couldn't care less about what people say on the Internet. I respond like that sometimes just to provoke some discussion. I could go to sleep tonight and never think about or give a **** about VN again, doesn't matter. But I do like to go against the norm, so here I am.

On a side note, I'm on my way down to gulf shores, and each stop I make in Bama I feel dumberer.

Reactions: 3 people
Haha. Yeah. Did you go to the 25-3 (or whatever it was) BEATDOWN a few years ago? Ugly.

Yep never seen anything like it. It was something like 16-0 before UK made an out. If we played every game there and could move the CWS to BG, Western might be national champs.

HF what's your take on the morons who are lamenting over the FT discrepancy? I'll readily say the officiating was piss poor, but it was all around and has been the entire tournament. But there's a 2 page thread on Cats Illustrated where they're rehashing the 22-10 discrepancy but not one person has acknowledged that 8 of those 22 came intentionally in the last 24 seconds. It's as if they didn't even watch the last minute of the game, they just looked at a boxscore and assumed they were robbed royally at the line.

Last edited:
Yep never seen anything like it. It was something like 16-0 before UK made an out. If we played every game there and could move the CWS to BG, Western might be national champs.

HF what's your take on the morons who are lamenting over the FT discrepancy? I'll readily say the officiating was piss poor, but it was all around and has been the entire tournament. But there's a 2 page thread on Cats Illustrated where they're rehasing the 22-10 discrepancy but not one person has acknowledged that 8 of those 22 came intentionally in the last 24 seconds. It's as if they didn't even watch the last minute of the game, they just looked at a boxscore and assumed they were robbed royally at the line.

Meh, I don't agree, just blind hate looking for excuses. Basically, I have no issue with hardly any of the fouls that led to free throws for UW. I'm more raw about all the fouls called leading up to the bonus situation. There were just some bad bad calls on Harrison and co.

UK wouldn't force the issue down low to get their free throws.

My gut tells me if the shot clock violation has been called against UW we win, but that's not an excuse.

1) you're up 4 with the ball and less than 3 minutes to play. You're elite, get it done.
2) kaminsky is good but also predictable with that damn spin move. So predictable. Cals fault for not identifying help D needed.
3) Rebound.

Reactions: 1 person
Meh, I don't agree, just blind hate looking for excuses. Basically, I have no issue with hardly any of the fouls that led to free throws for UW. I'm more raw about all the fouls called leading up to the bonus situation. There were just some bad bad calls on Harrison and co.

UK wouldn't force the issue down low to get their free throws.

My gut tells me if the shot clock violation has been called against UW we win, but that's not an excuse.

1) you're up 4 with the ball and less than 3 minutes to play. You're elite, get it done.
2) kaminsky is good but also predictable with that damn spin move. So predictable. Cals fault for not identifying help D needed.
3) Rebound.

The spin move flat ate them up. Wisconsin did a good job of getting some of those in mismatch situations. I believe Booker got stuck on Kaminsky a time or two as well as Dekker. Booker had no business trying to guard Dekker, he was just too physical for him.

Whereas you guys are remembered for having your men's home court named after the women's coach. Lots of rich history and tradition there for you to lean on as you talk ****.

I get you're just trying to take a dig to get under people's skin, but Pat Summitt is one of the best people, men or women, to set foot on a basketball court. I'm proud to have a court named after someone who demanded excellence in all areas of her program from on court to academic to becoming better people.

IMO we're lucky to have someone like her forever associated with our school.

The spin move flat ate them up. Wisconsin did a good job of getting some of those in mismatch situations. I believe Booker got stuck on Kaminsky a time or two as well as Dekker. Booker had no business trying to guard Dekker, he was just too physical for him.

When a guy KNOWN for a spin move puts his head down and runs wide ass open to the elbow, exposing the block, HE'S GOING TO SPIN. Someone slide to the block and put that weak **** in the 3rd row.

4/6 Final Fours. Not sure how that's underachieving. Duke losing to Mercer/Lehigh might fit under that label better. So far, knock on wood, Cal has been very consistent in the tourney/

Let me preface all of this by saying that I made the comment to my wife the other day that I would be happy if I could see Tennessee make one Final Four before I die. So I'd be jealous of 4 Final Fours in the history of the program, let alone four in a six year span.

With all that said… Considering the insane amount of talent that Kentucky has brought in during the Calipari era, I wouldn't necessarily hesitate to say that only having won one championship is at least a little bit of an underachievement.

Cdywolfe;11347170 With all that said… Considering the insane amount of talent that Kentucky has brought in during the Calipari era said:
This is what irks me. You, I, nor anyone on a message board is qualified to make this statement. How would you know what it takes to win a championship? How hard it is to run through a one and done tourney? Talent always wins out in a series. UK beats UW in best of 7 probably every time. It's talent and a ton of luck.

I agree one more title could have been realized in this run.

This is what irks me. You, I, nor anyone on a message board is qualified to make this statement. How would you know what it takes to win a championship? How hard it is to run through a one and done tourney? Talent always wins out in a series. UK beats UW in best of 7 probably every time. It's talent and a ton of luck.

I agree one more title could have been realized in this run.

Oh I completely agree… The NCAA Tournament (all the games collectively) is probably the best sporting event each year. Though I feel if football goes to 8 teams that might change but for now it is.

With all that in mind… It's a completely ridiculous way to pick a champion. The fact that 68 teams make the field is really retarded when you think about it. After 30+ regular season and conference tournament games, it should be fairly obvious that UC Irvine, Albany, and E. Washington aren't cut out to win a national championship.

And though a series would be a far more efficient way to find out who the better team is, it completely would alter the current tournament format. Nobody is going to do an office pool for a 12 to 16 team tournament that consist of 5 to 7 game series. Without the office pools, you lose about 90% of the interest in the tournament which means you lose about 90% of the interest in college basketball, as most people don't watch the regular season.

I actually would've won my pool at work this year (which I've never done btw) if Kentucky just wins the last two games. With that said… If they restarted this tournament again next week, I'd pick Kentucky to win it again and wouldn't hesitate.

Oh I completely agree… The NCAA Tournament (all the games collectively) is probably the best sporting event each year. Though I feel if football goes to 8 teams that might change but for now it is.

With all that in mind… It's a completely ridiculous way to pick a champion. The fact that 68 teams make the field is really retarded when you think about it. After 30+ regular season and conference tournament games, it should be fairly obvious that UC Irvine, Albany, and E. Washington aren't cut out to win a national championship.

And though a series would be a far more efficient way to find out who the better team is, it completely would alter the current tournament format. Nobody is going to do an office pool for a 12 to 16 team tournament that consist of 5 to 7 game series. Without the office pools, you lose about 90% of the interest in the tournament which means you lose about 90% of the interest in college basketball, as most people don't watch the regular season.

I actually would've won my pool at work this year (which I've never done btw) if Kentucky just wins the last two games. With that said… If they restarted this tournament again next week, I'd pick Kentucky to win it again and wouldn't hesitate.

I agree it's a stupid way to decide a champion albeit a fun and exciting one. I said this a couple weeks ago, that if NC State continued their hot streak and won it all, no one would consider them the best team in the country. I'm not convinced that UK is the best team, hands down though like I may have thought a few weeks ago. I think the weakness of the SEC served them well in their undefeated run but also hindered their being tested. Sure, it happened a few games in conference but not like it would've elsewhere.

I thought all along the best 4 were Duke, Wisconsin, UK and Zona, with any of them able to win it on a given night. I think if Zona had been given the 1 they deserved that would've been our Final 4.

With all that mumbling said, I don't know how you fix the NC determination method but if the true goal is to crown a national champion and not just make money, then it needs to be fixed. MSU's run shows how meaningless the regular season is. UK goes 38-0 and MSU goes roundabout 23-12 and they end up at the same place and thats all that really matters. UK was just prettier doing it along the way.

I feel like if you're really just interested in finding who the best team is then you have an eight team tournament (which is what I think the NBA should do but that's a different argument). With the first two rounds be a best-of-five and the finals be a best-of-seven. Get rid of the neutral site and just give the higher seeded team home-court advantage. Have a 2-2-1 format and a 2-2-1-1-1 for the finals.

The overwhelming majority of the time, the best team is going to emerge from that.

Most years, the favorite doesn't have any more than a 20% chance of winning it all. It's understandable why the favorite rarely wins. That's how college basketball works.

And it is how the playoff will work in football, especially the more that you expand it.

Wow, talking about butt hurt.

Yes they are!

But at least we have someone to name the basketball court after even if it is a "Women's coach". Apparently they don't even have enough tradition in their football program to name Commonwealth Stadium after.

Last edited:
Yes they are!

But at least we have someone to name the basketball court after even if it is a "Women's coach". Apparently they don't even have enough tradition in their football program to name Commonwealth Stadium after.

And once again a football turd drags a football rebuttal into a basketball discussion.

When a guy KNOWN for a spin move puts his head down and runs wide ass open to the elbow, exposing the block, HE'S GOING TO SPIN. Someone slide to the block and put that weak **** in the 3rd row.

Got a question about that. I was watching an interview earlier in the year with some of the UK players and they said they don't watch film of opponents. is that true????

With a week to prepare for Wisc, surely someone on the UK staff put together some film of Kaminsky's spin move and how to defense it?

Got a question about that. I was watching an interview earlier in the year with some of the UK players and they said they don't watch film of opponents. is that true????

With a week to prepare for Wisc, surely someone on the UK staff put together some film of Kaminsky's spin move and how to defense it?

Unfortunately it's true. The coaches watch it, But players do not. Best I can tell it is a "superior athleticism, superior skills, we play our game correctly and it doesn't matter what they do" philosophy. Obviously it works 99% of the time, but that 1% will bite you in the ass. Obviously.

VN Store

Back