UK loss

Yet today they announce he is going to the HOF and is named coach of the year -- he should have took a page from Bob Knight -- got an early T and worked the refs early

Cal did everything short of telling John Higgins to **** himself to get a T.

Whereas you guys are remembered for having your men's home court named after the women's coach. Lots of rich history and tradition there for you to lean on as you talk ****.

We all know Tennessee basketball cannot compare historically with Kentucky, but how about this for historical purposes... 2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats, the greatest team that ever blew it, not only in basketball but in all of sports. Now thats HISTORY! I live in Kentucky, not by choice, but I am stationed here in the service. My wife and I went to eat at O'Charleys last night and they stayed open to watch the game and the look on the UK fans were priceless. I made a mental snapshot of their reactions which I wish I could share with all of you. The whole night they talked so much trash, like they all ready won the game, the game itself was just a formality. You could tell it took some time for them to understand what transpired afterwards. First came anger, disbelief, frustration, etc... It was a good night!

Go Vols!

Reactions: 3 people
Which again speaks directly to my point, you have such a lack of substance to your program that your only joy is from watching another program fail, ignoring the fact that you've rowed your boat down the mediocrity stream since the beginning.

I don't recall anyone creating threads to laugh at your football losses over the years. But it's okay, you can continue to laugh at O'Charlies while other squads are going to final fours. And don't even say Barnes will be the savior, please spare me that.

Sadly talent doesn't give wins. Not the UCLA era anymore. Need a mix of experience/talent/coaching. Which UK sucked in 2/3 last night.

They had plenty of the first 2 and the 3rd is a toss up probably at best. Wisconsin was better than a lot of people thought IMO. They didnt play out of their mind and KY wasnt bad. 2 very good teams with one that closed out the game better.

Cal did everything short of telling John Higgins to **** himself to get a T.

Short of him actually going out on the floor to physically help him do that he wasnt going to get rang up.

Between the stage and they guy barking it just doesnt happen much.

Which again speaks directly to my point, you have such a lack of substance to your program that your only joy is from watching another program fail, ignoring the fact that you've rowed your boat down the mediocrity stream since the beginning.

I don't recall anyone creating threads to laugh at your football losses over the years. But it's okay, you can continue to laugh at O'Charlies while other squads are going to final fours. And don't even say Barnes will be the savior, please spare me that.

Dude, we had Dooley as a head coach, everybody was talking smack against us. But again, when people talk about the greatest teams that BLEW IT, this UK team will be at the top of the list with the New England Patriots that lost in the superbowl to NY Giants. Now that is some company. Nobody cares that UT stunk this year in Bball, but everyone will remember the undefeated team full of All-Americans that lost to a team without one in the Final Four.

Go Vols!

Short of him actually going out on the floor to physically help him do that he wasnt going to get rang up.

Between the stage and they guy barking it just doesnt happen much.

Could have threw a chair across the court

Dude, we had Dooley as a head coach, everybody was talking smack against us. But again, when people talk about the greatest teams that BLEW IT, this UK team will be at the top of the list with the New England Patriots that lost in the superbowl to NY Giants. Now that is some company. Nobody cares that UT stunk this year in Bball, but everyone will remember the undefeated team full of All-Americans that lost to a team without one in the Final Four.

Go Vols!

Well they did have that polish guy -- a 1st team AA

Very similar to the 91 UNLV team

I was able to temper my expectations for KY because of that great UNLV team. I believe the Runnin' Rebs would have put a 30 pointer on those KY boys like they did with Duke the year before.

Because you don't create threads is beside the point. Many a UK fan has enjoyed seeing UT down in football and they've talked ish for the last 7-8 years thinking they had a chance come the last week of November. We don't celebrate your "failures" because we're jealous of your program, we celebrate them because you're a conference rival that many of us despise, especially the KY residents.

Do I wish we had 8 titles? Of course! But I'd still revel your losing even if we did, because I dislike all things UK.

Your football program absolutely blows, yet I love seeing 2-10 seasons. Surely that's not out of jealousy and a stream of mediocrity from our program is it?

Last edited:
Here on the TN/KY line my friends and I argued the point that because they are Kentucky fans they would have rooted for Tennessee if they had been in Kentucky's spot. I said BS. I would never root for anyone just because they are SEC. I will NEVER root for UK. Alabubba. Or Vandy. Makes no sense to root for another SEC school to me. They are rivals.

4/6 Final Fours. Not sure how that's underachieving. Duke losing to Mercer/Lehigh might fit under that label better. So far, knock on wood, Cal has been very consistent in the tourney/

yea, cause that is what UK fans are paying for. A 2 deep of McDonald's AAs to lose.

If you don't see underachieving you are being foolish.

VN Store

Back